Dominic & Doreen Hurley in Today's Guardian Magazine

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2005 (read-only)' started by Uncleskinny, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Uncleskinny

Uncleskinny Guest

Each week in the magazine there is an item entitled "We Love Each Other" in which couples describe why they love each other - this week, Dominic and Doreen Hurley (a nice picture of the couple also with Doreen holding the Meat Is Murder Album).

Dominic - "I went to a Smiths night when I was at Uni in Sheffield and saw her there. It was five years after I had been in a coma from a moped accident. I had a head injury and right-side paralysis. I was told I would never walk again. My walking was really bad that night. I knew she'd seen me and I wanted the ground to swallow me up. I looked over expecting the worst, but she smiled the warmest, sweetest smile."

Doreen - "I come from east Germany. At our wedding, we were asked to bring objects symbolic of our love; I had a friend bring over a piece of the Berlin Wall. Dom chose a Smiths record. The lyrics are peculiar - buses crashing into us - but it's beautiful. We joke about it in front of his parents."

Sk.

2. Re: i can see your message love, everyone can.