Morrissey Central "DOLPHINS SWIM TO RESCUE YOU SCHOOLS OF FISH WILL KEEP YOUR THROAT AFLOAT OWLS BOW THEIR LEARNED BROWS, SO…" (July 19, 2022)

0-5_copy_5_dzefge.jpg

(Uncredited image - Iron Bridge).
FWD.

Here let me have a stab at these so called nonsensical lyrics.

"Dolphins swim to rescue you..."
- Could be a statement about the endless and shameful parade of animals to entertain us?

"Schools of fish will keep your throat afloat..."
- I hear this as no harm will come to you if you tow the line and speak in line with the mob.

"Owls bow their learned brows..."
- To me this has got to be a stab at the elite and how we're all supposed to listen to these so called experts. Dr. Fauci in the house?

"So slide me into your pocket now..."
- Is this a remark about seeking sanctuary from all of the above with a prostitute?

Anyway that's how I hear it.

Straining a bit hard to find hidden meanings there, I think? The obvious one (to me at least) is the fact that dolphins, fish and owls are all part of the natural kingdom - animals who obey their urges and instincts without thinking or worrying about it, and the narrator is imploring someone to give in to their own sexual desires.

The thrust of the song seems to be "Life is short - birds do it, bees do it, even educated owls do it - so come up and visit me, unzip your jeans and let me play with your harmonica". :)

Straining a bit hard to find hidden meanings there, I think? The obvious one (to me at least) is the fact that dolphins, fish and owls are all part of the natural kingdom - animals who obey their urges and instincts without thinking or worrying about it, and the narrator is imploring someone to give in to their own sexual desires.

The thrust of the song seems to be "Life is short - birds do it, bees do it, even educated owls do it - so come up and visit me, unzip your jeans and let me play with your harmonica". :)

Yeah - I think that's what it is.

Radiohead did this years ago with "Airbag". You got Thom saying "Hello?" and then you left a message. If you're happy with his team having your number, go right ahead.
Yes I am sure that fans of Morrissey are terrified he might call. lol

- Could be a statement about the endless and shameful parade of animals to entertain us?

- I hear this as no harm will come to you if you tow the line and speak in line with the mob.

- To me this has got to be a stab at the elite and how we're all supposed to listen to these so called experts. Dr. Fauci in the house?

- Is this a remark about seeking sanctuary from all of the above with a prostitute?

Educated guesses 🥇

Great insights, I agree with these interpretations

I know when I seek sanctuary from all the madness swirling around this crazy world, the first thought that enters my mind like everyone else is of course, cross dressing prostitutes!

I wondered

1. Is it a C harmonica or an F or G ? (!)
2. SW6 is Fulham. Nobody goes to Fulham. SW3 on the other hand .....
3. I love Owls.
4 "nonsensical lyrics" ? Goodness gracious. Never in a million years !

Hazard x

I know when I seek sanctuary from all the madness swirling around this crazy world, the first thought that enters my mind like everyone else is of course, cross dressing prostitutes!
Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Whatever floats your boat I guess.
Don't act like you don't feel it too!

Well it cross -dressed my mind.
As it'd be easier than being helplessly attracted to a trans who might be offended if I gave them money anyway. :(

(Not Morrissey, obviously).

...But in reality I just watch DragRrace. :(

You old sailor! You motor boatin' son of a bitch!
Wow. Using homosexuality as a slur. Well that's original ;)

So if I was gay I would find this insulting? Or is it that I'm not gay and your suggestion that I am is what I'm supposed to find insulting? It's difficult to know these days when people use supposed slurs from about thirty years ago.

Can anyone help me out here?

Last edited:
Wow. Using homosexuality as a slur. Well that's original ;)

So if I was gay I would find this insulting? Or is it that I'm not gay and your suggestion that I am is what I'm supposed to find insulting? It's difficult to know these days when people use supposed slurs from about thirty years ago.

Can anyone help me out here?
Motor Boatin.... is the act of placing your head between a woman’s breasts, then shaking your head
Vigorously.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom