Dolores O'Riordan (The Cranberries) solo album + tour

Belligerent Ghoul

Hall of Famer
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003466615

Former Cranberries frontwoman Dolores O'Riordan has inked with Sanctuary for the release of her debut solo album, "Are You Listening?" The album is due May 8, with a single to precede it in late April. In Europe, it will be released via Sanctuary's newly reactivated Sequel imprint, which is also home to Idlewild and the Cooper Temple Clause.

O'Riordan will tour in support of the record this spring and summer. The Cranberries' last album was 2001's "Wake Up and Smell the Coffee."

Berries.jpg

Last edited:
:D I think this is absolutely wonderful news! The distinctive voice of Miss O'Riordan has been sorely missed by her multitudes of fans who love, and STILL love, The Cranberries. I for one cannot wait until next year to purchase a copy. Interesting that she's signed with Sanctuary...but no matter, the solo endeavor will succeed, and hardcore Cranberries fans will have something...sweet to look forward to! Excellent news! :D

Is S. Street involved?

Good question, BOYO. As you know Stephen Street produced the first 2 Cranberries albums and the last one. I believe Dolores is collaborating with several people for this solo debut and I'd love to see her co-write with Street and/or employ him as producer again.

Cheers!! :)

The main producer is Dan Brodbeck (more details). Others involved are Matt Vaughan (programming), Tim Palmer (mixing), Richard Chycki (5.1 surround mixing? dunno what she's gonna use this for yet) and probably some other names that haven't been revealed yet.

Most of the info you can find in an interview she did last year for Hot Press here and here.

Stephen Street did some producing Noel Hogan's fantastic solo album "Mono Band," which was released last year.

I guess since Dolores is on Morrissey's label now, I'll be visiting these forums more often ;)

i was just singing along to the Cranberries this afternoon....that would be sort of nice if she swung by here even if it is questionable what the new material is going to sound like!

Back
Top Bottom