Doll And The Kicks to disband

Posted on the Doll And The Kicks Facebook page on Oct. 25, 2011:

We sadly have to announce that after 6 incredible years we've decided to disband. We leave with our heads held high and are proud of everything that we achieved. A huge thank you goes out to everyone we worked with and who believed in us and our music. You all helped us have an experience which dreams are made of. We've travelled far and wide over the globe to play in front of so many people and for that we will be forever grateful for anyone who turned out to see us.

The decision we made wasn't taken lightly but with the prospect of being without a record label for a 7th year and therefor having another year of minimal touring and lack festivals has made us feel like we've taken DATK as far as we can.

We're all going to have other projects which we'll be putting our new found time & energy into. Stay tuned as you'll be first to hear about them.

Anyway, we intend to play a couple of farewell shows in 2012 and we'd like to see as many of you guys there as possible for one last hurrah... We'll announce venue & dates later this year.

DATK X

Related item:

Last edited:
From what I watched on YouTube I really liked them. They were one of the very very few of Morrissey's likes that I liked. I find it hard to understand why they never had a record deal, when we all see so many dreadful bands getting signed. Perhaps they were to hard to find a market for.A pint says Morrissey will mention them again and again.

Finally they have seen the light. They were awful and yet another example that Moz has some seriously questionable taste when it comes to bands these days. I look forward to never seeing them support his tours again :)

This is sad news. For me, they were the best support band I've ever seen on a Morrissey tour. Good songs, good musicians and a natural on vocals, I met them a few times and they were really lovely, friendly people. I can't believe no record company showed any interest whatsoever - this truly is a sign of the times. "In this life you need to go faster"

Shame. They were among the better Morrissey support acts in my opinion. But i would not have ever really considered seeing one of their own shows, and I guess that is the trouble. Not sure a band can really make much of a living by just playing support for years

this is bad. saw them twice in berlin and really fell in love. i bought the album and listened to it over and over. it's hard to understand that there's no f***ing record company to sign a band that good with a singer that appears in your dreams.It seems that times are getting worse for music. so let's listen to gallaghers, kasabian and f***ing coldplay till lady gaga even swallows them.

This is a real shame, i had the pleasure of meeting the band at a sort of after show party in Omagh and Jesus they were sound, Hannah had no problem mingling and singed my DATKs CD and was really sweet, i met her dad at the merchandise counter and he too was sound fella, it seems like you have to be a complete f***hole to get anyhere in the business. Goodbye doll you will be sorely missed, and f*** the begrudgers you have heaps of talent and charisma, X

I saw them a couple of times and have to say they were just about the worst Mozzer support band I'd seen (except Kirsteen Young obviously who performs tuneless. pretentious tosh). I don't mean to be harsh but it was so obvious they weren't going to make it.

Back
Top Bottom