Doll And The Kicks supporting Morrissey in Cork (July 27)

Posted on the Doll And The Kicks Facebook page:

Some of you have already guessed it but yes, we will be opening for MORRISSEY in CORK on Weds 27th July! We're incredibly privileged to share the stage once again with Moz & his band! This will almost certainly be our last show before we head into the studio to work on our 2nd album and we hope that some of you DATK fans will be there in support! x​

Last edited:
I like Hannah. She is very tall and sweet and has soft hands. :o And their music is rockin'.

She is meant to be "nice" you are correct and her band are meant to be "sweet". As far as I can tell, they are typical Brighton "indie" MOR nonsense. A typical limp singer, a wacky bassist and gay drummer.
Funny, that some people think of her as punk, as she is not punk like in the least .She makes out she is "shocking" when in real life she is "wet". She used to work in a call centre, fair enough, everyone needs a job.. but where as real Punks and the truly "with it" read great works of literature and high minded authors. Dull just read Heat magazine every day (fact), I don't think she can sing either. Still I wish them well.

All I know is that I am shy as hell and saw her in the hallway after she opened for Morrissey in Los Angeles at the gibby. I walked up to this giantess dressed like an elegant hooker and beautiful as hell and instead of being a rocker bitch, she reached her hand out and shook my hand demurely and quietly thanked my in this thick beautiful accent for praising her work. I was beyond impressed. Stunned I walked outside and it was pissing rain as you say but it was like the sun was shining, this beautiful artist calmly acknowledged me. It was lovely. :sweet:

She is meant to be "nice" you are correct and her band are meant to be "sweet". As far as I can tell, they are typical Brighton "indie" MOR nonsense. A typical limp singer, a wacky bassist and gay drummer.
Funny, that some people think of her as punk, as she is not punk like in the least .She makes out she is "shocking" when in real life she is "wet". She used to work in a call centre, fair enough, everyone needs a job.. but where as real Punks and the truly "with it" read great works of literature and high minded authors. Dull just read Heat magazine every day (fact), I don't think she can sing either. Still I wish them well.

So far I never liked your posts, but this is a spot on.

The call centre job matches her show because we all know the fake intonation when we get the calls.

"You know you are somebody when people follow you around" (singer of Doll&The Kicks, 2009)

A profound sadness griped me when I read this "news". My only mistake was I was hoping...

It is with considerable sadness that I announce my departure from the site after 14 years.
I love Doll & The Kicks. I love Morrissey, even though he's seen fit to act entirely foolish in recent months.

I do not love the constant hate parade this site generates.

All the best to all involved, but I'm out.

Take care.

-Georgissey.

Great news for DATK!

I love them...and Morrissey obviously does! They were a great support for him in 2009!

Wishing them all the best for Cork, recording the second album and the (hopefully) subsequent tour!

Nice! :thumb:

met Doll outside Salisbury City Hall when supporting Moz there in 2009, she was humping gear in through the back door, very sweet girl, had a quick chat about seeing them at the (doomed) Swindon gig earlier in the year..wish them well

met Doll outside Salisbury City Hall when supporting Moz there in 2009, she was humping gear in through the back door, very sweet girl, had a quick chat about seeing them at the (doomed) Swindon gig earlier in the year..wish them well

This was just your perception and you are obviously wrong, because she was not nice and she is not a very sweet girl, she was most likely only cheerful because of something that was totally unrelated to you. This is not a troll post but her logic applied back from her own sad attempt to wing comments that revealed her lies in her attempt to self promote.

Even though she advertised a steak house?

Traces on the internet of where she bragged about Goodmans Steak House on Maddox Street in Mayfair.

Doll and the Kicks « Wonderland Magazine
www.wonderlandmagazine.com/blog/?tag=doll-and-the-kicks - Cached
11 Feb 2011 – The doll from Doll and the Kicks, Hannah Scanlon, whips our blog into shape this week. ... Goodmans Steak Restaurant on Maddox St in Mayfair- This is my ... Because it's next to my house in London it reminds me of home. ..."

Posts Tagged ‘Doll and the Kicks’

February 11th, 2011
by Eunice

Tags: Doll and the Kicks, Guest Poster, Hannah Scanlon

Posted in Eunice Jera Lee

No Comments »
Doll Guest Blogs: Sweet Tooth

The doll from Doll and the Kicks, Hannah Scanlon, whips our blog into shape this week. Stay posted and follow her through Friday to see her most played iPod songs and London spots each song reminds her of. This Brighton babe is performing at South by Southwest (SXSW) this year and her swagger is wicked sick.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom