Morrissey Central Dog on a Chain - genuine number 1 album in Scotland

This surely deserves its own thread.
It's a genuine number 1 in Scotland, folks, i.e. not just on some dodgy Amazon/indie/iTunes etc. chart.
I'm guessing it will be the only country on the planet where he gets a proper #1.
He's said before how much he likes Scotland and the 'Scottish spirit'. It seems the feeling is mutual.
Well done Steve!

UPDATE 9:26 AM PT:

Link posted by Nerak:

THANK YOU, SCOTLAND !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Youre welcome, Moz.

A show back at The Barrowlands would most definitely be very, very welcome. When society resumes, of course...
There is no such thing as society....... unless you pay the poll tax first......

L O L :rofl:
Number one in Scotland.
Well done Steve :clap:

P S. It’s time the tale were told of who actually wrote those Smiths songs?:brows:
Spill the beans Steve the game is up.

??:knife:
Never mind, well done Steve...... well done me for slipping a few wee boxes ower the border..... morrissey and carlislebaz no 4kin yen .... and yes it was me that wrote all the smiths chart hits.... only the top 20 ones though.....

I've become a militant Scottish Nationalist & will raise an army & sack Newcastle, as is my birthright. Mainly because Benny the rUK Butcher is doing that horrendous eyebrow thing. :sick:

i always prefered being in scotland to being stuck in manchester.

Listen I know you're a fan but that's a pretty ignorant last line in your comment. Scotland have always had their own chart like every other country has.

I did state I don't follow charts and that it was a genuine question...so yes I am (or was) ignorant in that regard. At the time of my post (it was late on) I hadn't checked actual population numbers to put it in perspective - couldn't be arsed, frankly, at the time.
Population of Scotland c.5.5m & Birmingham population c.1m, so no.1 in Scotland is not like having a no.1 in Birmingham; it's the equivalent of c.5x Birminghams. Not too shabby. I'd take it.

I did state I don't follow charts and that it was a genuine question...so yes I am (or was) ignorant in that regard. At the time of my post (it was late on) I hadn't checked actual population numbers to put it in perspective - couldn't be arsed, frankly, at the time.
Population of Scotland c.5.5m & Birmingham population c.1m, so no.1 in Scotland is not like having a no.1 in Birmingham; it's the equivalent of c.5x Birminghams. Not too shabby. I'd take it.
I'll accept that reply too, cheers pal. New album is great, some tracks very immediate and others take a few listens to fully appreciate but a lot going on both lyrically and musically.

I'll accept that reply too, cheers pal. New album is great, some tracks very immediate and others take a few listens to fully appreciate but a lot going on both lyrically and musically.

No probs. The album, imho, is great, & I'm really pleased for Moz.

I think it might be the other way around! Monafail gave him the boost he needed!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody knows that records that get a ban always rise higher in the charts. People love something that they are not supposed to listen too! Thanks Monafail! You are so dumb that you gave attention and supported the very thing you wanted to kill.... fail, fail, fail If you don't believe me...look at the chart this week! #1

Last edited:
A million or more will be dead in a few weeks but I'm Number One in the Charts!

I think it might be the other way around! Monafail gave him the boost he needed!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody knows that records that get a ban always rise higher in the charts. People love something that they are not supposed to listen too! Thanks Monafail! You are so dumb that you gave attention and supported the very thing you wanted to kill.... fail, fail, fail If you don't believe me...look at the chart this week! #1

Used to, when it was boring, right-wing people doing the banning. For a while Twitter was the rising voice of Liberal-left morality, enforcers of the new social status quo & they really could finish you.

Luckily they're so horrible, they're finishing themselves.

Sooner the better.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom