Does new Train Song sounds like" When last I spoke to Carol"

Just watching VH1 before going out, the new video for a new Train song comes on and the beginning sounds exactly like "When last I spoke to Carol" there's also a Mariachi Trio and one of them looks like a Morrissey wanabe, with a big pompadour and attitude, holding a big guitar.
coincidence? I don't think so! check it out and let me know if I am right.
I don't know the name of the song/video and I really don't care...

I think they both use Mariachi elements in the music but they don't really sound that close. Going to listen to "Ring of Fire" now, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
What Skylark said

I still remember back in...2001, when they won "Best Hard Rock Performance" for that horrid "Teardrops from Jupiter" song or whatever it was called. There wasn't ONE f***ing guitar in the entire song. It was a big cheesy AOR string section oversaturating the entire four minutes

It can't be worse than that awful, ubiquitous song with the ukulele that they made a few years ago - can it?

I heard this song a few weeks ago and I was surprised how much the intro sounded like When Last I Spoke To Carol.
To be fair it is a catchy song...

Hey Mario you got something there . I does sound similar but I think it is just a random match . Funny video . By the way, I did find myself singing 'Hey Soul Sister' (by Train) to my self many times last summer. May-be it was because I heard it so much on the radio while out and about BUT it was a clever tune. Thinking of their other songs ............... I kind of dig them !

Back
Top Bottom