Does Moz hate his female fans?

Dusty

It struck me while reading the book that he compliments the looks of his male fans (Pete Duel in a ROTT shirt, James Brolin in his Marcus Welby days in a "Smiths is Dead t-shirt"), including the mexican gang members :rolleyes:. Yet when speaking about the females, he calls them "Kristeen Young look-UN-likes" and "lazy dykes". The one nice thing he said about a female fan was still a backhanded compliment on her looks. Very sad. Did he burn his feminist membership card? Is he a misogynist? He also makes clear that he hates overweight people. So much for "it takes strength/guts to be gentle and kind". Stop playing the victim role while you're bullying everyone else, Moz. Truly disappointing.

I doubt that's the case. However, his mother is a very high standard to match. See the song "Southpaw".

P.

He speaks highly of his female family members. But almost all sexual, intellectual, and emotional attraction seems oriented towards males... from very early on. He fawns over the male body as if it is art. The female form? Not so much. Actually, not at all. Crissie Hynde is funny... in an almost characteristically masculine way... biting a dog in the neck. She is definitely an alpha female. And a bit androgynous. That may be appealing to Mozzer. And as for token Tina? She reads more like a mother figure than a lover in my opinion.

So does he hate his female fans? Probably not. But I think he certainly admires the male ones more.

As far as weight goes, he refers to himself as being fat a few times in the book. He has a thing with being thin. Body dysmorphic disorder? Who knows. But his weight issues are not just about women. Thin is a virtue--for himself.

Thank you both for the insightful comments. I suppose hate is too strong a word, but I found the lack of appreciation for the female fans to be a complete insult. We spend our hard-earned money on him too, damnit!!

He speaks highly of his female family members. But almost all sexual, intellectual, and emotional attraction seems oriented towards males... from very early on. He fawns over the male body as if it is art. The female form? Not so much. Actually, not at all. Crissie Hynde is funny... in an almost characteristically masculine way... biting a dog in the neck. She is definitely an alpha female. And a bit androgynous. That may be appealing to Mozzer. And as for token Tina? She reads more like a mother figure than a lover in my opinion.

So does he hate his female fans? Probably not. But I think he certainly admires the male ones more.

As far as weight goes, he refers to himself as being fat a few times in the book. He has a thing with being thin. Body dysmorphic disorder? Who knows. But his weight issues are not just about women. Thin is a virtue--for himself.

I totally agree with the 'token Tina' part. After reading the book I'm actually surprised that Morrissey revealed as much as he did, but if it ever confirmed anything it is that he is totally gay. Totally. Which is OK, I have no horse in this particular race, but I think anyone with reading it with 2 shreds of commonsense could deduce that. Interestingly it seems that Jake has just had a baby of his own. Perhaps his time with Moz was Jake's 'Gavin Rossdale' period, haha.

Morrissey is nice about plenty of females in the book, his mother of course, his friend Anji, Tina, Angie Marr, Chrissie Hynde, Iman. Anyone really so long as they are not fat, LOl. Being fat (male or female) seems to be the ultimate sin in the world of Moz.

Well, there's the brutal misogyny of this comment, which will never leave my mind:

ickygirls.jpg

There's a way to say, "I wasn't interested in girls" without using such hateful descriptions. These are not the words of a man who has attraction towards or respect for females. Truly disappointed.

I'm sure he is scared of quite a few of them..see Geezer, Crystal :lbf:

If he were in the same room I wouldn't approach him, he has no reason to be scared of me in particular.

[/B]

He hasn’t seen you yet so we can’t really be sure of that can we?

I met him once and he leaned in closer to my face so I'm not that ugly.

Back
Top Bottom