Does Morrissey have a secret ‘serious illness’? - all-noise.co.uk

Seriously distasteful and intrusive speculation based on very very flimsy 'evidence' indeed. Morrissey has already admitted that he is/was a practising homosexual. Whether he is ill or not is a completely different issue and he is entitled to keep that private.

So you cannot tell the difference between a book review in a leading music mag and an ill-founded rumour on a gossip site?
I rest my case.

And just beacause somebody else is doing the same thing, doesn't make it right.
Stick in the knife, P, stick in the knife...

You are assuming it's all bollocks. You don't know. I don't know. There's very few people that do. As I said, If I were Morrissey and I thought a massive untruth had been published by the guy at Crazydaysandnights, I'd be after him legally like a shot. You are making a huge assumption here. You simply don't know, do you?

And secondly - many sources have quoted that link, but I don't see you getting het up about them, other than here. Why?

P.

Last edited:
So you cannot tell the difference between a book review in a leading music mag and an ill-founded rumour on a gossip site?
I rest my case.

And just beacause somebody else is doing the same thing, doesn't make it right.
Stick in the knife, P, stick in the knife...
You have a 'case'?
You mean this is not just whining?

By highlighting a link I am not suggesting that I agree with it or endorse it. It is just a link and you can decide what you want to do with it. You can comment on that site directly or attack the author there. Don't shoot the messenger, etc.

By highlighting a link you are indicating that you believe the source has a certain amount of validity. You wouldn't put a link to one of the Blue Rose crazy cites on the front page or someone if they thought Morrissey was a space alien.

The idea that a third rate anonymous gossip tidbit is an item of interest worthy to be put on the front page is nonsense.

Cut the bullshit--you fool no one.

By highlighting a link you are indicating that you believe the source has a certain amount of validity. You wouldn't put a link to one of the Blue Rose crazy cites on the front page or someone if they thought Morrissey was a space alien.

The idea that a third rate anonymous gossip tidbit is an item of interest worthy to be put on the front page is nonsense.

Cut the bullshit--you fool no one.

That is utter bollocks. Who said posting a link gives it validity? Who? There's been countless occasions of posting links over the years, on this site and others, and you seem to be suggesting that only links to content that is cold, hard incontovertible news should be allowed. Is that right? And in any case, I have no idea if it does, but what if the Crazydaysandnights and All-Noise original articles have a grain of truth in them? How do you know if they do or not?

Here's another link to a 'rumour' - from June last year - www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/128048-New-Album-rumor - do you only want to censor rumours you don't like?

P.

Last edited:
That is utter bollocks. Who said posting a link gives it validity? Who? There's been countless occasions of posting links over the years, on this site and others, and you seem to be suggesting that only links to content that is cold, hard incontovertible news should be allowed. Is that right? And in any case, I have no idea if it does, but what if the Crazydaysandnights and All-Noise original articles have a grain of truth in them? How do you know if they do or not?

P.

First, of all you're asking me to prove a negative. Which is impossible. No one can prove anyone on this site (or anywhere else) doesn't have any number of illnesses unless we follow them to their doctor and watch various test be performed and wait for the results.

Yet, I am fairly certain that if I started making speculative posts about various people on this site having any number of diseases, none the less HIV/AIDS, and than asking them to prove that they didn't well people would find it more than a bit crass. I will confess it is almost tempting to do just that, but I am not willing to stoop that low in life. Even to prove a point to people who have.

Second, posting a link is one thing displaying it on the front page is another.

If I start posting stuff from the Blue Rose nut cases will you put it on the front page? After all, its not an endorsement.

You replied before I edited with the other link. My point to you is that rumours have been posted here for years, and you seem to want to censor the ones you don't like, because after admitting you have no idea if there's any truth in it, it must be because you don't like the idea of a LINK to a rumour you don't like being posted. And I fully expect a legal case from Morrissey against Crazydaysandnights and All-Noise for printing unfounded nonsense, should that be the case.

P.

Last edited:
You replied before I edited with the other link. My point to you is that rumours have been posted here for years, and you seem to want to censor the ones you don't like, because after admitting you have no idea if there's any truth in it, it must be because you don't like the idea of a LINK to a rumour you don't like being posted. And I fully expect a legal case from Morrissey against Crazydaysandnights and All-Noise for printing unfounded nonsense, should that be the case.

P.

Are you talking to me?

I've seen this very same rumor posted here before. It struck me as kind of sickening, but I didn't demand the post be removed. Posting it to the front page is different. I don't see why you can't see that.

I also don't see how you don't see how a rumor that someone is releasing a new album versus a rumor that some has HIV/AIDS are not analogous.

At some point I can't help but get the sense that people on this site are just incapable of admitting that they wrong and thus have to resort to these bizarre defenses.

I also don't see how you don't see how a rumor that someone is releasing a new album versus a rumor that some has HIV/AIDS are not analogous.

Go ahead and explain your reasoning on this one, why you take the view that you do.

P.

If you admit it's made up beforehand then there isn't any validity but in this case we don't know. I'm looking for someone to really discredit 'Crazy Day And Nights' but no one has been able to. While I certainly don't wish it to be true or believe it is, there is a small possibility there is some truth to it, which is why I think a lot of people are upset about it.

Ultimately, I post items to the main page that are of interest, and something like his health is of major interest, especially looking at last year where the number of cancellations and postponements outweigh the number of actual concerts played. The author of the all-noise article asked some questions which I feel are valid but I knew would make some people uncomfortable. I realize much of this site borders on being personally invasive but welcome to the double-edged sword known as celebrity. You can get mad all you want at the site for featuring this item but I feel you should direct your anger at the source. If you don't want to see gossip, best to just stick to true-to-you.net.

First, of all you're asking me to prove a negative. Which is impossible. No one can prove anyone on this site (or anywhere else) doesn't have any number of illnesses unless we follow them to their doctor and watch various test be performed and wait for the results.

Yet, I am fairly certain that if I started making speculative posts about various people on this site having any number of diseases, none the less HIV/AIDS, and than asking them to prove that they didn't well people would find it more than a bit crass. I will confess it is almost tempting to do just that, but I am not willing to stoop that low in life. Even to prove a point to people who have.

Second, posting a link is one thing displaying it on the front page is another.

If I start posting stuff from the Blue Rose nut cases will you put it on the front page? After all, its not an endorsement.

This is distasteful in the extreme. Completely speculative and harmful. Do better.

His health situation touches a lot of nerves. I just don’t think people want to hear that our man may be sick. :(

Given the recent Lord McCalpine libel case, where even not directly making an accusation, and the retweeting of an accusation, were both held to be libelous..then this site could be in a lot of trouble

If you admit it's made up beforehand then there isn't any validity but in this case we don't know. I'm looking for someone to really discredit 'Crazy Day And Nights' but no one has been able to. While I certainly don't wish it to be true or believe it is, there is a small possibility there is some truth to it, which is why I think a lot of people are upset about it.

Ultimately, I post items to the main page that are of interest, and something like his health is of major interest, especially looking at last year where the number of cancellations and postponements outweigh the number of actual concerts played. The author of the all-noise article asked some questions which I feel are valid but I knew would make some people uncomfortable. I realize much of this site borders on being personally invasive but welcome to the double-edged sword known as celebrity. You can get mad all you want at the site for featuring this item but I feel you should direct your anger at the source. If you don't want to see gossip, best to just stick to true-to-you.net.

Give it a rest David. I get sick of your smug dismissal of any criticism of you or your decisions at this site.

I get it. It is pretty rough being you. There is a certain section of Morrissey fandom that is… sycophantic to the extreme. To the point that if you say well maybe just maybe a few of the tracks on Maladjusted aren't as strong as The Smiths material they will jump on you screaming that you are a hater, why are you talking about someone if you hate him so much, etc. etc. etc.

And it is good to have a site where people can discuss Morrissey without having to resort to the mentality of the Justin Bieber fan base trying out do each other in proclaiming his greatness and saying whose lives were changed the most or having a who has the most Morrissey tattoos contest. I am glad for that. I truly am.

And I also recognize you've paid a rather heavy personal price with this and have been subjected to some rather unfair personal attacks. I don't think I personally could have kept up a site a like this with all of the personal attacks and what not you've been subjected to. I really don't think I could have. So kudos to you.

But at this point you just appear to be vengeful, spiteful, and intent on harboring a cesspool of extremely vitriolic trollish types who try to outmatch each other in their vulgarity and crassness. Sexual comments about Morrissey's ill mother. Homophobic slurs. Racists attacks on Latinos. Death wishes. Endless nonsense from pretend butchers.

And if anyone disagrees with these people why they are sycophantic and think Morrissey can do wrong, blah, blah, blah. They're no different then the "if you think Morrissey's comment on x is distasteful or Maladjusted isn't the one of the greatest albums ever" types--they're just the inverse. They're just as insipid and intellectually bland. In order to ever dissent ever so slightly from even the most tasteless posts you must go through endless backflips to prove that you too acknowledge faults in Morrissey. I really shouldn't have to preface an objection to death wishes for Morrissey by stating that I find his statements on immigration vile or think that Maladjusted had some bad tracks on it. But I must. Or else I get smug little comments like the one you just hurled my way. For someone who claims in free speech you sure like to whine endless whenever somebody directs it at you.

And this--this latest stunt of you--is just so tasteless and crass and really just pathetic. I tried to explain rationally that I think posting unsubstantiated rumors about somebody having HIV/AIDS on the front page is a poor editorial decision and I just get told to leave the site.

Like. I feel sorry for you. I really do. But get a grip.

But at this point you just appear to be vengeful, spiteful, and intent on harboring a cesspool of extremely vitriolic trollish types who try to outmatch each other in their vulgarity and crassness. Sexual comments about Morrissey's ill mother. Homophobic slurs. Racists attacks on Latinos. Death wishes. Endless nonsense from pretend butchers.

I see. So Morrissey is free to urge Jamie Oliver to microwave his child, but when others say distasteful things, that's not allowed?

P.

Give it a rest David. I get sick of your smug dismissal of any criticism of you or your decisions at this site.

I get it. It is pretty rough being you. There is a certain section of Morrissey fandom that is… sycophantic to the extreme. To the point that if you say well maybe just maybe a few of the tracks on Maladjusted aren't as strong as The Smiths material they will jump on you screaming that you are a hater, why are you talking about someone if you hate him so much, etc. etc. etc.

And it is good to have a site where people can discuss Morrissey without having to resort to the mentality of the Justin Bieber fan base trying out do each other in proclaiming his greatness and saying whose lives were changed the most or having a who has the most Morrissey tattoos contest. I am glad for that. I truly am.

And I also recognize you've paid a rather heavy personal price with this and have been subjected to some rather unfair personal attacks. I don't think I personally could have kept up a site a like this with all of the personal attacks and what not you've been subjected to. I really don't think I could have. So kudos to you.

And if anyone disagrees with these people why they are sycophantic and think Morrissey can do wrong, blah, blah, blah. They're no different then the "if you think Morrissey's comment on x is distasteful or Maladjusted isn't the one of the greatest albums ever" types--they're just the inverse. They're just as insipid and intellectually bland. In order to ever dissent ever so slightly from even the most tasteless posts you must go through endless backflips to prove that you too acknowledge faults in Morrissey. I really shouldn't have to preface an objection to death wishes for Morrissey by stating that I find his statements on immigration vile or think that Maladjusted had some bad tracks on it. But I must. Or else I get smug little comments like the one you just hurled my way. For someone who claims in free speech you sure like to whine endless whenever somebody directs it at you.

And this--this latest stunt of you--is just so tasteless and crass and really just pathetic. I tried to explain rationally that I think posting unsubstantiated rumors about somebody having HIV/AIDS on the front page is a poor editorial decision and I just get told to leave the site.

Like. I feel sorry for you. I really do. But get a grip.

Chip, you're fighting the wrong person. Why not channel this energy into fighting the SOURCE or VALIDITY of the slanderous statement instead of the person who brought it to your attention. Solo is on Morrissey's side. By offering a venue to dismiss the statement we are called to battle, you couldn't comment on the CDAN site, but here you can have a voice!

It's like being a soldier and called to battle and unloading all your ammo into the dirt of the battlefield instead of the opposing side because you don't like that a battlefield exists and causes war. It;s the opponent that is causing the war, not the battlefield. Solo is the battlefield. Use your wit and education to fight for Morrissey, don't waste it fighting solo. THe enemy is the slanderous source.

“He does not want to explain where he contracted it” Morrissey should just sue this rag. I’d like to know where CDCN got there information.

Last edited:
If Morrissey has HIV/AIDS it is the biggest news about him ever, so it is valid to publish it. It is even more valid if he using medicines and treatments tested on animals to help him, because that would make him a vast, almost cosmic scale hypocrite like his mental mentor Ingrid Newkirk.

I can't find an instance of CDAN being sued, and it names some very wealthy and powerful Hollywood types quite regularly. That's usually a pretty good sign.

It isn't really that scurrilous a site, and reminded me a bit of Danny DeVito in LA Confidential. Yes, it is a bit salacious, but the guy who writes it claims to be a lawyer so presumably knows what he can and cannot say. It got the Coachella reunion wrong, but that isn't going to land anyone in court.

All Noise have taken a punt on the AIDS/HIV stuff but based on the wording of the CDAN piece last August, which Morrissey seems not to have taken issue with, it isn't a great leap of the imagination to do so.

Whether it is right or not is a different matter, of course, but Morrissey is a public figure, never slow to push himself into the limelight when it suits him, and despite the wishes of some of his crazier fans he can't pick and choose what he wants people to discuss. If there is hatred of Morrissey it is no less than the loathing he clearly has for the rest of humanity. Did he really expect the other seven billion of us to sit and take it unquestioningly? Is he really that mad?

It may well be time for Morrissey to take his ludicrous, hyperbolic comparisons and crawl off into a corner and die. Every time he opens his mouth these days he chips away a little more of himself. He's been living off those remarkable Smiths songs for too long. I don't want to hear his half-baked ill-informed political beliefs, and if that is all he has left, what exactly is the point of him anymore?

I see. So Morrissey is free to urge Jamie Oliver to microwave his child, but when others say distasteful things, that's not allowed?

P.

Did I urge Jamie Oliver to microwave his child? Is Morrissey an user on this website? Did he say that here? Does your comment have anything to do with what I just said? Is it instead just a tired repeated deflection when people raise very serious criticisms to anything?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom