Does Morrissey have a secret ‘serious illness’? - all-noise.co.uk

Seriously distasteful and intrusive speculation based on very very flimsy 'evidence' indeed. Morrissey has already admitted that he is/was a practising homosexual. Whether he is ill or not is a completely different issue and he is entitled to keep that private.

He's getting older, his touring schedule is very demanding, on the road, varying quality of food in different countries, jet lagged being bused around shaking hands with various people. I'd feel ill too.

Even if he does, it's not like it's a necessarily lethal illness anymore. It shouldn't stop him touring, or doing anything else.

This type of nonsensical baseless rumour is what gives this site a bad name. Bullshit story submissions should be deleted to save everyone the time wasted trudging through excrement.

This type of nonsensical baseless rumour is what gives this site a bad name. Bullshit story submissions should be deleted to save everyone the time wasted trudging through excrement.

It's a link to a story. The site here is not averring anything, another place is. Yet your ire is against this site for having the temerity to report a news link. If you know it's bullshit, say so. You know for a fact the story linked to here at another site is bullshit? I'd be interested to hear your reasoning.

P.

I'm just not interested in anything that 'might' be true. Time is too short. I take your point that the original story originated from somewhere else, but in a similar vein I wouldnt forward on troll emails to everyone just because some ape learned to type. It is unfounded with the soul purpose of hurting feelings and generating traffic by nitwits like me and you.

I'm just not interested in anything that 'might' be true. Time is too short. I take your point that the original story originated from somewhere else, but in a similar vein I wouldnt forward on troll emails to everyone just because some ape learned to type. It is unfounded with the soul purpose of hurting feelings and generating traffic by nitwits like me and you.

Indeed. It may or may not be true. I'm interested in your position that it's bullshit. How do you know?

P.

Similar to what Uncleskinny said - we're making the link known so people can decide to read it and decide what to do with it on their own, it's not an endorsement.

Indeed. It may or may not be true. I'm interested in your position that it's bullshit. How do you know?

P.

It's a link to a story. The site here is not averring anything, another place is. Yet your ire is against this site for having the temerity to report a news link. If you know it's bullshit, say so. You know for a fact the story linked to here at another site is bullshit? I'd be interested to hear your reasoning.

P.

Oh come on Peter, we all know it's absolute bollocks, what cretin really thinks he has AIDS?

Have a shred of common sense

the last line in the excerpt here definitely seems to sugest that the writer believes hiv/aids is a disease that only affects gay people. even if s/he doesn't believe that then this is a ridiculous article written by a c***, based on an original article also written by a c***.

For the same reason that Morrissey can liken eating meat to Auschwitz. It's an opinion.

Solo isn't the target. That's like blaming the earth for creating oil spills. THe target is the person who wrote the shit, not the people making it available to dissect.

No. Actually HIV/AIDS is a medical diagnosis.

P.

Whether this site is "averring anything" or not, is immaterial. Publishing this on the front page is in bad taste, and demonstrates a lack of good judgement.

Whether this site is "averring anything" or not, is immaterial. Publishing this on the front page is in bad taste, and demonstrates a lack of good judgement.

Totally agree with this^

I'd be interested to know the rationale as to why the 'story' is worthy of front page placement now, when the link to the CDAN gossip site was posted in General Dis back on December 25th. I don't see that this mirror link adds anything new or substantive to the 'story'. So, why now, and not then? Could it be because some people here are pissed off at recent tty statements, and vent their ire via promotion of this vile gossip. But then I shouldn't say that, as that's unsubstantiated gossip itself, right? Or opinion? Tricky shit.

But, basically, from this point on, short of patient Steven Patrick Morrissey's authenticated blood tests, anything goes as front page news, right? As P. implies, 'Prove my lies is lies'.

Welcome to 'Morrissey-TMZolo.com'?

By putting it on the front page it gives us the opportunity to fight the rumor. THe rumor exists, it's floating around. But by pointing it out it we get to say, "This is a bullshit story because of X, Y and Z reasons" then news outlets who are shopping for a story like TMZ who don't follow Moz daily will question it's credibility and not slander Morrissey's name any further. It is HELPING to print these shit stories because it provides a venue to dismiss it.

I think this gossip is seriously disgusting and doesn`t deserve to be posted.Anyway Morrissey has already admitted that he has had romantic relationships with men.His health is own personal business.

By putting it on the front page it gives us the opportunity to fight the rumor. THe rumor exists, it's floating around. But by pointing it out it we get to say, "This is a bullshit story because of X, Y and Z reasons" then news outlets who are shopping for a story like TMZ who don't follow Moz daily will question it's credibility and not slander Morrissey's name any further. It is HELPING to print these shit stories because it provides a venue to dismiss it.

Was it really "floating around though"? other than "the pigsty" I never heard it, or never wanted to hear it. I was annoyed to see it on the front page because it's quite clearly bollocks. Surely there must be some editorial content to solo's "front page headlines" or it's just going to become morrissey-dailymail.com

This also makes me angry because it indicates that being a homosexual or having hiv/aids is a shameful thing.Which is wrong.

This also makes me angry because it indicates that being a homosexual or having hiv/aids is a shameful thing.Which is wrong.

Not sure it does actually. It's the rumour mongering that bothers me.

Totally agree. Let him be. I love his music and him as a personality, his private life is his, and I respect that. I hope and pray he is happy and healthy. He has enriched my life more than I can express with words.

Back
Top Bottom