Does anyone know when this book is out??

slum mum 1974

Morrissey in Conversation: The Essential Interviews. I ordered it before Christmas from Amazon and sadly it kept being put back. There is still no date for it to be published. Any ideas?

Hi,

I pre-ordered the book a couple of months ago as well, the release date has been pushed back a couple of times it seems.

Amazon.uk now states Jan 31 as release date.

_crsp_

Hi,

I pre-ordered the book a couple of months ago as well, the release date has been pushed back a couple of times it seems.

Amazon.uk now states Jan 31 as release date.

_crsp_

Ta very much for the info but lets just hope it is that day, eh!:)

Ooooooooohhhhhh... My God!! That's trueeeeeeeeeee!!! It's been so long I had already forgotten! I also pre ordered it like in October or November and they keep kicking the release date!!! Grrrrrrrr!!! Oh Gosh... I had forgotten...

does anyone know if this book contains anything that can't be downloaded from the motorcycleboy interview site?

I wonder if he's every going to finish his autobiography - he said in 2004 that he has a few chapters left to do. Mhhh - 3 years later still nothing. Now THAT's going to be a book I'm gonna want to read!

I too preordered it from amazon in october, as a birthday pressie,
birthday has come and gone christmas has come and gone and still no book..
AARRGHHH

in fact i'd given up checking, but beware of this as amazon has a habit of 'forgetting' you if you have to wait ages for something.

lets hope it actually comes out this time.

I put the story on the main board about it being published, but when a copy hadn't arrived in our shop by Dec I called the publisher; they said it had been put back until 3rd Feb, but our instore systems are quoting 31st Jan. They didn't say why, but it could be one of a few things, copyright issues with the magazines, scandal that was cut out of some original interviews which Moz wants removing, or the author waiting until Moz had finished promoting ROTT.
I'll give them another call at the end of the week if it's still a no show ... a bookseller's work is never done.

just received an emaio from amazon...

"Dear Customer,

We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order

We are sorry to report that, despite our best efforts, we have been
unable to source the following item:

Paul A. Woods (Editor) "Morrissey in Conversation: The Essential
Interviews"

We apologise for the length of time it has taken us to reach this
conclusion. Until recently, we had still hoped to obtain this item for
you.

This item has now been cancelled from your order and we can confirm that
you have not been charged for it.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience
caused"

GRRRRRRRRRRRR, i'll go look at hmv instead as they did have it listed.

Morrissey in Conversation: The Essential Interviews. I ordered it before Christmas from Amazon and sadly it kept being put back. There is still no date for it to be published. Any ideas?

i thought you personally knew morrissey and he could tell you.

@lotti: I received an email today as well but it went:

Dear Customer,

We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order [xxxxxxxxx].

We are sorry to report that the following items have been delayed.

Interviews"

Our current estimate is that it will take an additional 1-2 weeks to
obtain these items for you.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

To view your order or make any changes, please visit Your Account.......

On the date of dispatch, you should receive an e-mail message confirming
the date, contents and delivery method.

Now I'm really confused. It seems not to be cancelled yet. I wonder what might happen at the end....

I contacted the publisher Bookpoint today (they distribute on behalf of Plexus) and they said that it was supposed to have been published yesterday but there's still no word on it. However, there wasn't a flag to say that there was a problem, so they may still receive it in the next few days. I'll call Plexus direct tomorrow and tell you what the word is after the weekend.

@lotti: I received an email today as well but it went:

Dear Customer,

We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order [xxxxxxxxx].

We are sorry to report that the following items have been delayed.

Interviews"

Our current estimate is that it will take an additional 1-2 weeks to
obtain these items for you.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

To view your order or make any changes, please visit Your Account.......

On the date of dispatch, you should receive an e-mail message confirming
the date, contents and delivery method.

Now I'm really confused. It seems not to be cancelled yet. I wonder what might happen at the end....

I received the same e-mail today :( :mad:

^^^^me too, i'm gutted i was really hoping it was going to be released yesterday :(

any news then?
TLM? did you call them?
give me the number and i'll harass them too if you like?

I have three large .pdf files of his interviews up to 2004 (not all of them of course but enough to keep you entertained until the book arrives) so if someone wants it I can e-mail it, just PM me and I'll send it by the end of the day (otherwise you'll have to wait until Monday coz I'll be away for the weekend)

Never heard of the book before but ordered it today, thanx to you people :D
here's the mail they send me

Shipping estimate for this item: March 8, 2007
Delivery estimate: April 3, 2007 "Morrissey in Conversation: The Essential Interviews"
Paul A. Woods; Paperback; $13.57

Sold by: Amazon.com

this i still availbale to 'buy' on amazon uk, and it has 31st jan as its publish date ans then a "expected in 3-6 weeks " thingy on the order...

I really hope its been delayed as they are adding all the ROTT interviews too, including the Moz the cat one.
that'd make it REALLY FAB.

anyone heard any news yet?

Back
Top Bottom