Does anyone have a link to the story about Morrissey's personal assistant?

On the subject of towels, my old accountant had to sort the rider out for the Madness support concert where Morrissey got done over with bottles and the likes, with the Union Jack waving and all. It was 60 white towels, a crate of beer for the band and bottles of water. I always wondered what they needed all of those towels for, stage lights are hot though.

Were those all for Madness, or Morrissey, or everybody?

It was just Morrissey's rider. Blokey never met Morrissey, just told me what he asked for so all of my questions akin to yours went unanswered. Other than that was for the whole band.
I ended up watching several bags of Morrissey's groceries for some assistant or another for a few minutes prior to his concert in Eugene, 2002. I remember laughing about his Mung bean crisps, multiple cases of water and beer, and something like a dozen or more high end chocolate bars.

EDIT: I should say I know nothing of his towel situation, but I hope to god he had enough.

Two points, yeah, why white towels? Maybe fear of somebody sneaking a skid mark in to spite him on a coloured towel.

And what are high end chocolate bars?

Two points, yeah, why white towels? Maybe fear of somebody sneaking a skid mark in to spite him on a coloured towel.

You know, the really, really expensive ones. Not like your average Hershey (ugh) or Cadbury's (slightly less ugh). The kind that I buy for my wife once a month because I'm a very smart man.

I ended up watching several bags of Morrissey's groceries for some assistant or another for a few minutes prior to his concert in Eugene, 2002. I remember laughing about his Mung bean crisps, multiple cases of water and beer, and something like a dozen or more high end chocolate bars.

EDIT: I should say I know nothing of his towel situation, but I hope to god he had enough.
Dear God, crisps, beer and chocolate. No wonder he's always ill.

What, like a Howard Hughes type thing? I did read somewhere that he was germ-phobic.

Yes, Howard Hughes unraveled in the end. I think it was a combination of wealth, mistrust and an increasing level of insular living that lead to it. Hmmmmm...sounds familiar. Leonardo DiCaprio made a great movie of his life. Worth watching.

PS. Tell Jesse I want 80 white towels, all right?
url

Last edited:
Dear God, crisps, beer and chocolate. No wonder he's always ill.
He's got the diet of a picky 8 year old. I've thought his diet at least partly to blame for a long time regarding his health. It sounds like he survives almost exclusively on carbs. That, and I couldn't imagine a life of bland foods no matter what diet you follow.

He's got the diet of a picky 8 year old. I've thought his diet at least partly to blame for a long time regarding his health. It sounds like he survives almost exclusively on carbs. That, and I couldn't imagine a life of bland foods no matter what diet you follow.
I've often thought that too. But then so much about him owes much to arrested development. Yes, too many carbs = fermenting gut which is a risk factor for Barrett's Esophagus, I believe.

I've often thought that too. But then so much about him owes much to arrested development. Yes, too many carbs = fermenting gut which is a risk factor for Barrett's Esophagus, I believe.

Red wine and spirits don't help much either. I had a thing for turning bright red after both and cut them out. Apparently if you turn bright red after booze and keep doing it it's a road to esophagus cancer. He's got a thing for hammering vodka apparently but at least he knows to kick red wine to the curb.

Towelgate grows evermore mysterious.
What is he doing with them?
I received a call yesterday, a throaty voice warned me 'forget the towels. If you care about your physical well-being you'll walk away.'
Good lord!

Back
Top Bottom