Does Anybody know why the Grimsby Date has been changed to the 28th?

• Thread starter idontoweyouanything
  • Start date
Not really. What I mean is Morrissey didn't ask people to travel 100's of miles, spend money on hotels.

If I choose to go and watch him in say Paris when he's playing Liverpool then it is a risk i'm taking. Morrissey can't be obliged to "care" for fans who want to travel 100's of miles. Blimey he's played enough different places over the past 5 years for people to see him closer to home(obviously not for all)

hugely ironic that someone who lists the Morrrissey gigs he has seen as some kind of badge of honour thinks its appropriate to disparage people who love Morrissey enough to travel to see him

First of all Morrissey won't tour as much or perhaps not at all if people didn't travel to see him several times. His fanbase simply isn't big enough.
I have travelled all over the UK to see him on the last two tours. I understand that is my choice, he has cancelled on me several times due to illness which I have never had a problem with, although I have been disappointed.
But this is unacceptable. He's messing everyone around just he can make a few extra bob. It's not just people who travel who are affected by this. People who live a lot closer may have had to make arrangements for trains, time off work etc. If I had made no arrangements thus far I would still be angry obviously there’s no real regard for the date or whoever was attending.
It’s simply quite rude you wouldn’t make arrangements with a friend and then rearrange it because someone who liked better wants to see you.
If he thought he was going to be asked for Glastonbury why didn't he keep those dates free or play on the Sunday night?

You want to see him, he doesn't want to see you specifically. Therefore you fit around his schedule.
Simple.

Not really. What I mean is Morrissey didn't ask people to travel 100's of miles, spend money on hotels.

If I choose to go and watch him in say Paris when he's playing Liverpool then it is a risk i'm taking. Morrissey can't be obliged to "care" for fans who want to travel 100's of miles. Blimey he's played enough different places over the past 5 years for people to see him closer to home(obviously not for all)

Look, the obvious logical thing you are suggesting is NOT to ever buy tickets if you don't want a chance of being treated with no consideration. It's true that this is the usual routine with Morrissey but there's no good reason for it. That's the issue. He did play several places in 2007 that I could attend and the places he picked to play were great and he made all the dates. I even thought about how I'd enjoy the time even if he didn't show up. But your position is ridiculous. Most people that cancel as many shows as Morrissey does get the same reputation he has. Let them vent without adding insult to injury. They have a right to feel cheated.

just wondering, but i saw the volatility of your posts, and also joanofarc, how is it possible.....
Spierdalaj glabie tępa strzala!And next time use:Search

Last edited:
See,this is why he's playing these little towns .Theyre local gigs,for local people.Not for the likes of you and your type!:mad:

So what am I and my type like then? Foreigners?

hugely ironic that someone who lists the Morrrissey gigs he has seen as some kind of badge of honour thinks its appropriate to disparage people who love Morrissey enough to travel to see him

That's my point, I take risks just like other people, but when things go wrong I don't start complaining because it was my choice to travel to the gigs

That's my point, I take risks just like other people, but when things go wrong I don't start complaining because it was my choice to travel to the gigs

With a bit of luck the ferry carrying you to Dunoon will sink like a stone. When your grieving relatives (though i suspect they may be glad to see the back of you) recover your body the ferry company can justly say "well he can't complain, he knew the risk when he got on the boat".

Sound fair?

Back
Top Bottom