Do you think you would like Morrissey if you met him?

Jukebox Jury

Retired
I ask this question (in connection with the 'would Morrissey like you if you met him' thread) as over the years, I have met a few footballers and whilst they are great at playing football, some of them - as individuals - are complete tossers (and not all of them have been City players, before anyone asks:thumb:).

The old adage - never meet your heroes, is what i'm getting at.

Jukebox Jury

I am sure that I would like him. Although he might seem kind of snobbish at first. I would get over it. He is just old and set in his ways.

I've known several people who, upon meeting people they admired greatly, were tragically disappointed. I even knew a college student who attended a dinner at a professor's home to honor an elderly scholar he greatly repected, only to have said elderly scholar cram his tongue down my friend's throat upon being shown where the bathroom was!

I can say yes, I think I would like Morrissey if I met him, with some confidence, being that friends who have met him have spoken highly of the experience. I would also prepare myself by keeping my expectations very very low, which would help I think.

I think I'd be too stunned to notice the difference.

It would surely depend on his mood - I'm sure even Saint Francis must have had bad days ;)
I would like him if only he would like me to like him, I guess. He seems to be able to manage people around him.

I really really liked him. I was terrified, but he was very pleasant and kind.

Back
Top Bottom