Do you think UK gigs will sell out?

A

Anonymous

Do you reckon Mozza will sell a decent amount of tickets for the UK gigs and if enough don't sell, what's the chances someone on the band has a runny nose and they cancel???

Do you reckon Mozza will sell a decent amount of tickets for the UK gigs and if enough don't sell, what's the chances someone on the band has a runny nose and they cancel???

That's a good question.
In the pre-'For Britain' era, Morrissey had a London live audience of around 25,000, so a one-off concert at Wembley Arena (12,500) would have easily and quickly sold out.
But evidence suggests the fan-base has deserted him in droves. Possibly 50% or more.
However, the online touts may not have fully appreciated this, and they may snap up lots of tickets on release day and the event will appear to have sold out. Then, nearer the time, they may find there is relatively little demand for their tickets and have to sell them for way below face value. But in terms of the Wembley date appearing to sell out (or sell a sufficient large number of tickets not for it to seem like a disaster), I think it probably will and the show will go ahead. Guessing a similar situation applies with Leeds.

That's a good question.
In the pre-'For Britain' era, Morrissey had a London live audience of around 25,000, so a one-off concert at Wembley Arena (12,500) would have easily and quickly sold out.

But evidence suggests the fan-base has deserted him in droves. Possibly 50% or more.

However, the online touts may not have fully appreciated this, and they may snap up lots of tickets on release day and the event will appear to have sold out. Then, nearer the time, they may find there is relatively little demand for their tickets and have to sell them for way below face value. But in terms of the Wembley date appearing to sell out (or sell a sufficient large number of tickets not for it to seem like a disaster), I think it probably will and the show will go ahead. Guessing a similar situation applies with Leeds.

Thanks skinny for those (predictable) bullshit stats (>50% fan-base desertion :rolleyes:)...the same ones you quote over & over just to convince yourself, & hopefully others, that the fan-base is in decline.

Muppet. :squiffy:

The shows will sell out & be mega events. Problem is, you don't want them to be a success, cos it's all about you, you & you, & your miserable sad f***ed up existence, isn't it?...narcissist 'woe is me' #pathetic52yearoldloon right there. :crazy:

I think looking at the last few years, I would say NO.

O2 - Sold Out
Nottingham - Healthy crowd but not sold out
Bournemouth - practically sold
Cardiff - 70%
Leeds - 85-90%
Glasgow - as above
Belfast - as above
Birmingham - 85%
Plymouth - Seats pretty much empty
Hull - Sold Out (tickets easy to get outside)
Hammersmith - pretty much full
Manchester - tickets given out locally on the day before and the day
Aberdeen - 90-95%
Glasgow - as above
Leeds - 90%
Newcastle - 95%
Birmingham - 90-95%
Brixton - pretty much full
Brighton - as above
RAH - 95%
Ally Pally - 95%
Palladium - Sold Out

hopefully they can attract the above, with the two Europe ones following 90% and above.

Lots of Morrissey-fans are music lovers and appreciate the finer things that come with it, exclusive vinyl releases and so forth. I’ve heard many Morrissey fans, also on here, complain about the choice of venue in the UK.
So my guess is they won’t sell out, but will still attract 80-90 per cent. Hopefully he will then (April-May) do a longer tour of 2,000-3,000 which will sell out much easier as Moz-fans in general prefer this kind of venue.

Last edited:
Lots of Morrissey-fans are music lovers and appreciate the finer things that come with it, exclusive vinyl releases and so forth. I’ve heard many Morrissey fans, also on here, complain about the choice of venue in the UK.
So my guess is they won’t sell out, but will still attract 80-90 per cent. Hopefully he will then (April-May) so a longer tour of 2,000-3,000 which will sell out much easier as Moz-fans in general prefer this kind of venue.

That’s not going to happen.

2011 saw the end of the smaller venues, with the exception of Plymouth & Hull 15.
But, UH, Reading and Pompey did get a go in 18, bit sold so badly, they were scrapped.

but. 90% will do and see to a good atmosphere. I personally can’t wait.

Thanks skinny for those (predictable) bullshit stats (>50% fan-base desertion :rolleyes:)...the same ones you quote over & over just to convince yourself, & hopefully others, that the fan-base is in decline.

Muppet. :squiffy:

The shows will sell out & be mega events. Problem is, you don't want them to be a success, cos it's all about you, you & you, & your miserable sad f***ed up existence, isn't it?...narcissist 'woe is me' #pathetic52yearoldloon right there. :crazy:

The figures were indeed misleading but I'm afraid in the opposite direction to which you assumed.
Low in High School week 1 sales = 25,000
California Son week 1 sales = 8,000
Over two thirds of the previous fan base said, "thanks but no thanks".
Maybe some of them will return this time (and fingers crossed they will) but they certainly all won't.
This is a tiny UK tour by the standards of Morrissey's recent tours, with about 30% of the seats available of the last arena tour in Feb 2018. So, even if half the fans have deserted him, it still ought to sell out.
If it doesn't, big Steve is in serious, serious trouble.

The figures were indeed misleading but I'm afraid in the opposite direction to which you assumed.
Low in High School week 1 sales = 25,000
California Son week 1 sales = 8,000
Over two thirds of the previous fan base said, "thanks but no thanks".
Maybe some of them will return this time (and fingers crossed they will) but they certainly all won't.
This is a tiny UK tour by the standards of Morrissey's recent tours, with about 30% of the seats available of the last arena tour in Feb 2018. So, even if half the fans have deserted him, it still ought to sell out.
If it doesn't, big Steve is in serious, serious trouble.

As has been alluded to on here previously, I think these minimal number of shows (4) are a toe-dipping exercise for UK/Europe to see how they're received & how they sell.
Based on that, we may well see additional dates added. I'm optimistic for Moz on selling, however he does need to restore some faith by showing up & avoid any unnecessary controversy. I don't think he can afford to mess up on this one.
The 2019 US/Canada tour went very well from what I can make out, as did the residency. He needs to replicate that success over this side of the water. His voice is in great shape, & the new track BDYTTK is superb, & I'm hopeful for the album.
If he nails this mini tour, & decides to extend it, then he'll have a great 2020. I wish him all the very best, I really do. It's all in his hands now, but then again, it always has been.

Last edited by a moderator:
As has been alluded to on here previously, I think these minimal number of shows (4) are a toe-dipping exercise for UK/Europe to see how they're received & how they sell.
Based on that, we may well see additional dates added. I'm optimistic for Moz on selling, however he does need to restore some faith by showing up & avoid any unnecessary controversy. I don't think he can afford to mess up on this one.
The 2019 US/Canada tour went very well from what I can make out, as did the residency. He needs to replicate that success over this side of the water. His voice is in great shape, & the new track BDYTTK is superb, & I'm hopeful for the album.
If he nails this mini tour, & decides to extend it, then he'll have a great 2020. I wish him all the very best, I really do. It's all in his hands now, but then again, it always has been.

I wrote the post you responded to, and I do actually share your wishes that 2020 is a big success and the album is great ('Bobby' is v promising).
But I think you're being a bit delusional if you think everything can return to normal for him. He's said and done so many stupid, unpleasant things in the last two years that a huge chunk of his fan-base has been alienated. The sales for California Son and the last (cancelled) UK tour were unprecedentedly bad, and his name/brand continues to be heavily tarnished. We've already, in 2020, seen the exposure afforded to one little record shop that says they won't stock the new album so it seems like this is the new 'normal'. The idea that the large number of alienated fans will just return seems pure fantasy. If he issues a clear and unambiguous statement retracting his support for the ugly groups/politicians he has endorsed in the last two years, there's a chance they will (and yes that is in his hands). But that's not looking likely.

And a successful 2020 does not simply depend on him 'avoiding unnecessary controversy'. He has to retract, apologise for, or explain, the ugly stuff he's said and done in the last two years, that alienated so many fans in the first place. Otherwise, they won't come back.

OF COURSE THEY WILL BE SELLOUTS:thumb:

how many times are the haters going to make fools out of themselves.:lbf:
the coloured dots show this or that but when the show actually takes
place its packed.:thumb:

while :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: continues only with TINY MINI tours.:head-smack:

That’s not going to happen.

2011 saw the end of the smaller venues, with the exception of Plymouth & Hull 15.
But, UH, Reading and Pompey did get a go in 18, bit sold so badly, they were scrapped.

but. 90% will do and see to a good atmosphere. I personally can’t wait.
we have no idea how they sold, including you

we have no idea how they sold, including you

Read what I put, idiot. Your opinion isn't even worth reading, You only jumped on the band wagon this last few years with your daft lists. jesus. go on, jog on, tory boy.

I wrote the post you responded to, and I do actually share your wishes that 2020 is a big success and the album is great ('Bobby' is v promising).
But I think you're being a bit delusional if you think everything can return to normal for him. He's said and done so many stupid, unpleasant things in the last two years that a huge chunk of his fan-base has been alienated. The sales for California Son and the last (cancelled) UK tour were unprecedentedly bad, and his name/brand continues to be heavily tarnished. We've already, in 2020, seen the exposure afforded to one little record shop that says they won't stock the new album so it seems like this is the new 'normal'. The idea that the large number of alienated fans will just return seems pure fantasy. If he issues a clear and unambiguous statement retracting his support for the ugly groups/politicians he has endorsed in the last two years, there's a chance they will (and yes that is in his hands). But that's not looking likely.

He's actually done very little, it's all been wildly exaggerated & the fact that one tiny record store can cause an online flurry is a good sign. People might be angry, but they're invested. Your career is truly dead when there's nothing.

He has said he still doesn't vote & he hasn't joined, but he really should say he was wrong about For Britain.

It's the only thing that really damages him.

It's unfair that it's Morrissey getting pariah status with Douglas Murray going from strength to strength with his insidious nonsense, but sadly publicity has nearly nothing to do with logic.

Moz is not out there networking & appearing on the interview circuit, so nothing is shielding him.

The #metoo stuff is what nearly every man in showbiz thinks.

The cobbled together lyrics, titles & pull-quotes are filler bs & could be replaced by other things.

Brexit & Farage, people should grow up about. They won, we lost, that's politics.

The only other charge is Zionism, which isn't true & I doubt they'd have the nerve to bring it up after all that's happened to Labour.

All he really needs to do is dump Anne Marie & stop watching alarming neo-con videos on YouTube (or Russia Today, or whatever hellsite he's been on).

I forgot The Guardian thing.

I'd never reccomend making an enemy of a newspaper, magazine, or a hack.

But it's not important. You can win any of them back with something sellable.

He's actually done very little, it's all been wildly exaggerated & the fact that one tiny record store can cause an online flurry is a good sign. People might be angry, but they're invested. Your career is truly dead when there's nothing.

He has said he still doesn't vote & he hasn't joined, but he really should say he was wrong about For Britain.

It's the only thing that really damages him.

It's unfair that it's Morrissey getting pariah status with Douglas Murray going from strength to strength with his insidious nonsense, but sadly publicity has nearly nothing to do with logic.

Moz is not out there networking & appearing on the interview circuit, so nothing is shielding him.

The #metoo stuff is what nearly every man in showbiz thinks.

The cobbled together lyrics, titles & pull-quotes are filler bs & could be replaced by other things.

Brexit & Farage, people should grow up about. They won, we lost, that's politics.

The only other charge is Zionism, which isn't true & I doubt they'd have the nerve to bring it up after all that's happened to Labour.

All he really needs to do is dump Anne Marie & stop watching alarming neo-con videos on YouTube (or Russia Today, or whatever hellsite he's been on).

Douglas Murray "insidious nonsense"? Really? What would be his insidious nonsense then? Y'know.......Labour would win back the country if they had a few of DM's insidious views....the common-sense view on a host of topics. The tide is turning. There will be more Lawrence Fox's. People are sick of the left view of the world and Britain.

And a successful 2020 does not simply depend on him 'avoiding unnecessary controversy'. He has to retract, apologise for, or explain, the ugly stuff he's said and done in the last two years, that alienated so many fans in the first place. Otherwise, they won't come back.

Well, you know, I could sit here typing a deep & meaningful effort, but frankly I can't be arsed. That's not to disrespect these two posts, I just don't have the inclination.
But, I will say, the situation is what it is re; Moz. It can't be changed, we can't go back in time, even if we wanted to; Moz is his own man.
He could, if he chose to, issue statements & apologies until he was blue in the face, & it still wouldn't appease some people; they'd still want more & more from him; it would be futile; it ain't going to happen.
I don't think Moz is the type of guy to be doing such things; we all know he's stubborn & non-conformist, maybe down to his Irish blood.
He's honest when others live in fear of being honest, & I, & many others, admire this quality in him; I agree with many of the things he has said; he's been so right about many things, yet I find that so many people have got him so wrong & lambasted him, unfairly.
To my mind, those who wish to wallow in the past can do so & hopefully, in time, deal their own inner demons & the mental torture which they put themselves through.
I'm a glass half-full chap, so I'm optimistic for Moz, that's all I'm saying, & I'm looking forward, in a general sense.
I wish Moz well with everything; despite any shortcomings which he may/may not have; I love the guy, & many others do; I love all his many works, & am hopeful that the single, the album, & the tour, however short or long, are all successful for him.
Longer than I wanted, but there you go. Cheers.

Read what I put, idiot. Your opinion isn't even worth reading, You only jumped on the band wagon this last few years with your daft lists. jesus. go on, jog on, tory boy.
Ha! Classic old man reply.

"tory boy" is Skinny FFS:straightface:
marginally racist too.:(

worried about who goes or does not go. he does not go as he is :banned:
forever first name on the :banned: list: Skinny. then Hugh then the Skinny pseuds then all the rest of the insane clown posse.:tiphat:

Douglas Murray "insidious nonsense"? Really? What would be his insidious nonsense then? Y'know.......Labour would win back the country if they had a few of DM's insidious views....the common-sense view on a host of topics. The tide is turning. There will be more Lawrence Fox's. People are sick of the left view of the world and Britain.

The insidious bit is the underlying conspiracy theory that Saudi backed militant Islam is taking over Europe via immigration & high birthrates, enabled by self-hating Western Cultural Marxists.

It undermines every decent point he makes - or worse from my pov - every decent point he makes masks the sheer lunacy of that conspiracy theory.

And it's that daft conspiracy theory that Anne Marie has taken up, that Moz has got connected to & is the only thing that's seriously bad for his reputation, as well as allowing people to retrofit his skinhead obsession into him actually being a skinhead. Which is ridiculous.

And, yes, people are sick of the left. We've said & done some awful things. We're not offering what people want. Laurence Fox probably is the silent majority.

But Laurence is out there marshalling support & he comes from an acting dynasty. His career is bulletproof.

Back
Top Bottom