Do you think UK gigs will sell out?

I'd love to walk into my local Tesco and have that choice. I thought choice and freedom was what free-market capitalism is about?

In London the machete is the current tool of the street. Many people well practised in the art of its use are pacing those streets right now.

I'd love to spring a surprise on one of those people.

Make my day motherf***er.
:thumb:

Many times things are sold out even if a venue is not full like at football games where most seats have been sold somehow through season tickets but on the perhaps not used.

Companies buy up tickets and these are not always purchased by the public but every Moz gig has been sold out since the start of his solo career when it comes to the actual tickets.

People have no idea how the market works. Ticket touts desperately try to sell the tickets they and others bought to make a buck or two. Moz and other artists always have sold out venues but seats may not be occupied and the loss is on the ticket tout and companies trying to milk fans going and not the artist or band in question.

Most often the venue will even compensate an artist if not sold out which is in every contract which is why some venues and gig promoters have gone out of business.

I'm starting to worry that unless sales pick up in light of early publicity/radio play around the new album, Leeds is going to get pulled. Anyone remember how much notice they gave before cancelling the last UK tour?

I'm starting to worry that unless sales pick up in light of early publicity/radio play around the new album, Leeds is going to get pulled. Anyone remember how much notice they gave before cancelling the last UK tour?

Cancelled on the Friday. Edinburgh was the following Wednesday.

It looks like a few bits of the Leeds venue have sold out. I'd guess it might be half sold out based on that. Will sell a few more tickets in the next couple of weeks. Not a disaster for a night out at either of the two UK venues but it does provide further evidence that the UK fan-base has probably hemorrhaged by 50% or more since Morrissey urged his entire fan-base to vote for a far-right political party. If only he would retract that support, many of us (but inevitably not all) would come back...

‘Our UK days draw to a close’
It was all over of course... 2015

I'm going to both Leeds & London and would like to issue a rallying cry to fans who at this point have not bought tickets, don't forget the great music and gigs Morrissey has given us for nearly 40 years. Let's face it if you have ever liked him he really should be for life as he's without doubt the greatest singer songwriter to come out of the UK. Come on let's try our best to give Morrissey a fantastic welcome in Leeds and London, he is our hero and we need him more than ever!

I live in inner city London and the schools my children attend are not all black by any means. A decent, healthy mix of people and cultures.

If the bigoted views and ignorant, alarmist nonsense prevalant on this thread are typical of Morrissey fans in 2020, then I want no part of it. No wonder these shows are struggling to sell.

I'm going to both Leeds & London and would like to issue a rallying cry to fans who at this point have not bought tickets, don't forget the great music and gigs Morrissey has given us for nearly 40 years. Let's face it if you have ever liked him he really should be for life as he's without doubt the greatest singer songwriter to come out of the UK. Come on let's try our best to give Morrissey a fantastic welcome in Leeds and London, he is our hero and we need him more than ever!

Nah, I'll pass. It turns out he wasn't for life. I hope anyone that is opposed to: racism, sexual violence and blatant hypocrisy will stay away.

Morrissey has provided some fun along the way but that has since turned into a horror show of, of, of .... I don't know what - it's such a myre of intolerance and hatred. Now more than ever people should stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves: migrants, immigrants, black people, jewish people, victims of sexual violence. If you've bought tickets return them.

It looks like a few bits of the Leeds venue have sold out. I'd guess it might be half sold out based on that. Will sell a few more tickets in the next couple of weeks. Not a disaster for a night out at either of the two UK venues but it does provide further evidence that the UK fan-base has probably hemorrhaged by 50% or more since Morrissey urged his entire fan-base to vote for a far-right political party. If only he would retract that support, many of us (but inevitably not all) would come back...

Leeds: Approx 1,000 seated tickets left. Standing tickets left too (no way to determine how many). Resales appearing.

Nah, I'll pass. It turns out he wasn't for life. I hope anyone that is opposed to: racism, sexual violence and blatant hypocrisy will stay away.

Morrissey has provided some fun along the way but that has since turned into a horror show of, of, of .... I don't know what - it's such a myre of intolerance and hatred. Now more than ever people should stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves: migrants, immigrants, black people, jewish people, victims of sexual violence. If you've bought tickets return them.
Shameful nonsense, I think I'll pass on your 'advice'. Still going to both gigs & can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom