Do you think Morrissey will finish the 2014 European Tour?

Do you think MORRISSEY will finish the 2014 European Tour ?

• yes

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • no

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • other

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • bonus: yes, but with cancellations along the way...but he will play the last date scheduled

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • bonus: not sure but if you look at the space between dates, he is clearly overdoing it...

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters
How about some sort of prize to the person who comes closest to the number of shows that will go on as scheduled?

Let's keep to the 31 dates scheduled and start now. The rules of the game.

List the 31 dates MORRISSEY is currently scheduled to play. Each date is worth 3 points. 31 x 3 = 93 points. If you say the date is to go on as scheduled and it does, you get 3 points. If you say the date will be cancelled and it is, you get 3 points. To keep it simple, we won't deal with re-scheduled dates or postponed dates or make ups. That would put us in 2 point, 1 point, etc. territory and we want to keep it simple. The person with the most points at the end wins. I have an incredibly rare poster collection. Why are so many not on the wall? Because so many are not framed. Whomever wins, gets the poster of their choice from my collection, aside from the giant "Viva Hate" from 1988, wider than it is tall, because I won't part with that. It was given to me, in Manchester, in 2004, by a friend.

NOTE: You may exceed 93 points if you say that Istanbul, Athens, will be scheduled, and either played or not played, bringing the maximum points allowed to 99 points. I'm not dealing with Bucharest and Budapest...sorry, because I am going for as close to 100 points possible without using decimal points.

Oct. 6 Lisbon - played

Oct. 9 Madrid - played

Oct. 10 Barcelona - played

Oct. 13 Rome - played

Oct. 14 Rome - played

Oct. 16 Milan - played

Oct. 17 Bologna - played

Oct. 19 Pescara - cancelled

Oct. 21 Florence - played

Oct. 22 Padova - cancelled (includes postponed and re-scheduled)

Oct. 24 Vienna - played

Oct. 27 Paris - played

Oct. 28 Utrecht - played

Oct. 31 Lyon - played

Nov. 2 Lausanne - played

Nov. 3 Basel - played

Nov. 5 Hannover - played

Nov. 8 Lund - played

Nov. 9 Copenhagen - played

Nov. 11 Gothenburg - played

Nov. 13 Stockholm - played

Nov. 15 Helsinki - played

Nov. 16 Helsinki - played

Nov. 19 Warsaw - cancelled

Nov. 21 Krakow - cancelled

Nov. 23 Berlin - played

Nov. 24 Essen - cancelled

Nov. 26 Antwerp - played

Nov. 27 Antwerp - cancelled

Nov. 29 London - played

Dec. 1 Dublin - 3Arena - played

I believe Istanbul will be scheduled and played - add 3 possible bonus points

Total shows played = 26

Total shows cancelled = 6

Cancellation rate: 23%

Total points possible for me = 32 x 3 = 96 points

Hmmm. Your set up seems more involved than what I had in mind. I was thinking of picking a number, representing the number of shows that would actually occur, with ranges such as 1-5 shows, 6-10 shows, etc. That way a poll could be constructed.

BTW, I dig that Siouxsie pic you have as your sig!

^^^^^
Sal,

Agreed.
Your poll, though.
The first option, in case things go "tits up" is "Zero"

p.s. thanks for the signature compliment...my signatures change....often

Got my ticket to see him in Barcelona. It'd be my first time. Hopefully, if the weather is good and the food healthy in Lisbon and Madrid, he'll make it that far.

the real question is: do you think morrissey will finish ALIVE the 2014 tour?

i really really hope he makes it to baltimore this time. when i saw him in 2013 he did a great set with six smiths songs and the unreleased action is my middle name.

set list was:

shoplifters
everyday is like sunday
black cloud
alma matters
im throwing my arms around paris
youre the one for me fatty
action is my middle name
i give (the reason i live) : vali cover
speedway
quija board quija bored
still ill
november spawned a monster
i know its over
let me kiss you
people are the same everywhere
one day goodbye will be farewell
plese plese plese let me get what i want
meat is murder
how soon is now

i dont know how the nbext show is gonna top that list but im hoping. i really wanna see world peace performed.

How soon is now? played 23091283109845 times

To be fair I really don't think you can accuse Morrissey of being repetitive. He alters his setlist far more than most other artists. I was having a look through Ozzy Osbourne's gigs earlier and found that he played the exact same setlist in the same order 63 times in a row.

It's funny how he always insists on jinxing himself at the last minute...Bewildering, even.

Now that KY is gone, we'll have fresh untampered data on how Morrissey attracts negative forces by just being himself.

I know we're only 5 dates into the tour, but I must say I'm feeling MUCH more optimistic about the likelihood of Morrissey completing all 31 (or is it 32?) dates than I was a month ago.

Like King Leer said in another thread, the Mozfather is looking and sounding robust. He looks happy. He sounds great. I believe he can do this.

^^^^this!

I know we're only 5 dates into the tour, but I must say I'm feeling MUCH more optimistic about the likelihood of Morrissey completing all 31 (or is it 32?) dates than I was a month ago.

Like King Leer said in another thread, the Mozfather is looking and sounding robust. He looks happy. He sounds great. I believe he can do this.

Exactly!

I really hope you're right which would mean I'm definitely gonna see his show ☺

I don't want to jinx it so I still say a cancellation or three are...probable...but it's looking really good, so far!

Back
Top Bottom