Do you think Morrissey will ever record another album, or is 'World Peace' his final LP?

A

Anonymous

What do you think?

I would love to be proved wrong - but unless Morrissey backs down from his determination to only be signed to a major, I don't see how anyone else is going to want to sign him.

Do you think his career as a solo recording artist is now effectively over, or is this only a temporary setback?

There is NO WAY Morrissey will end his career on an album where the label dropped him three weeks after release.
The album is a masterpiece and had this not happened I think he may well have been happy had it been his last, but being dropped by Harvest so soon has just left a very large dark cloud over the whole thing and he will not want that to be his last entry in the anals, as it were.
NO! This, I trust, will have given the Moz a new impetus to show all the f***ers what a talented blighter he really is.
New album out by next year and he'll be on the biggest and the best label with tonnes of awesome artwork and the album will make The Smiths look like The Doors (yuck!).

Stand aside! Genius coming through...!!!!!!!!!!!

Have legends like Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, Patti Smith or even Leonard Cohen or Bob Dylan ever stopped recording?
Or Moz-contemporaries like The Cure, Echo & the Bunnymen, or even Marc Almond, Edwyn Collins etc etc.

Moz will continue to release albums until his final breath. But there will probably be 4 to 5 year gaps between albums.

His impulses it seems to me have always been to always WRITE, to RECORD... and to NEVER GO BACKWARDS.

Have legends like Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, Patti Smith or even Leonard Cohen or Bob Dylan ever stopped recording?
Or Moz-contemporaries like The Cure, Echo & the Bunnymen, or even Marc Almond, Edwyn Collins etc etc.

Moz will continue to release albums until his final breath. But there will probably be 4 to 5 year gaps between albums.

A couple years ago before Harvest and Autobiography, he did say something along the lines of he was skeptical if new songs like 'People Are the Same,' 'The Kid's A Looker,' and 'Action' would ever be recorded in-studio.

His stubbornness against indie labels is kinda dumb and, unwittingly, hinders a lot of opportunities for him to be huge.

of course no, he going to make an album with smiths tracks in "mariachi" style sung in spanish:

"You just have it earned yet, compadre"
"Maria take a bow"
"Pedro, it was really nothing"

A couple years ago before Harvest and Autobiography, he did say something along the lines of he was skeptical if new songs like 'People Are the Same,' 'The Kid's A Looker,' and 'Action' would ever be recorded in-studio.

His stubbornness against indie labels is kinda dumb and, unwittingly, hinders a lot of opportunities for him to be huge.

Yes, I agree. But if you look at the list of artists I mentioned they, too, only release an album every 4 or 5 year. And that's probably for a reason.
This is going to be Moz's trajectory over the next few decades. And his next album will be there in 2018 or 2019, wherever it will be released, but he knows, as well as we do, that it CAN be released. In the meantime there will be more tours and more drama ("nobody wants to sign me").

Lou Reed has.

Dylan should never have started...

Yes, I agree. But if you look at the list of artists I mentioned they, too, only release an album every 4 or 5 year. And that's probably for a reason.
This is going to be Moz's trajectory over the next few decades. And his next album will be there in 2018 or 2019, wherever it will be released, but he knows, as well as we do, that it CAN be released. In the meantime there will be more tours and more drama ("nobody wants to sign me").

I'll be worried when there isn't drama.

What's the longest he's gone without any drama? The wilderness years?

It's completely up to Morrissey if and when he releases another album. Even if sales for WPINOYB have been disappointing, he was still, for one week, the ninth biggest-selling artist on the planet. That means that a Morrissey album is, at least, not a loss-maker, even accounting for heavy on-costs. None of the major labels are going to say no to the question "Would you like to put out an album that is guaranteed to make a profit?"

Let's face it, if Johnny Marr is releasing albums on a major label, there's nothing stopping Morrissey doing the same, except himself.

It's not over if: 1) he signs with a minor label; or 2) he D.I.Y.'s it; or 3) The Smiths reform / Morrissey & Marr project

What do you think?

I would love to be proved wrong - but unless Morrissey backs down from his determination to only be signed to a major, I don't see how anyone else is going to want to sign him.

Do you think his career as a solo recording artist is now effectively over, or is this only a temporary setback?

:sleeping:

There's life in the old dog yet.

We're just going to have to wait. For how long? No one knows. Not even Morrissey.

Back
Top Bottom