do you think morrissey is gay, straight or bi?

What difference does it make?

I find it annoying because:
1. It has been discussed so many times before
2. Morrissey has made it clear that he dislikes people being categorized by their sexual preferences (see every interview every conducted). To continue to bring it up, to me, seems to be disrespectful to Morrissey.

Eating meat is disrespectful to morrissey

Hey, if you are sick of it, don't click on a thread with this title. He was pretty specific. Must you click on every thread... Personally, I just choose those I wish to read or participate in. Life does get annoying if you chase every squirrel down the street because you cannot stand squirrels. (I think that makes a point of some kind, but what do I know??)

Oldest topic in the Moz-world, but the ambiguity is something that makes him an enigma and fascinating. Personally, the Anton Corbijn "Moz-belly" pic basically settles it for me (can't find it right off -- you know the one...). Real warmth and great intimacy there.

Last edited:
Hey, if you are sick of it, don't click on a thread with this title. He was pretty specific. Must you click on every thread... Personally, I just choose those I wish to read or participate in. Life does get annoying if you chase every squirrel down the street because you cannot stand squirrels. (I think that makes a point of some kind, but what do I know??)

Oldest topic in the Moz-world, but the ambiguity is something that makes him an enigma and fascinating. Personally, the Anton Corbijn "Moz-belly" pic basically settles it for me (can't find it right off -- you know the one...). Real warmth and great intimacy there.

I think for the same reason we can't help gawking at car crashes....

like i said it doesn't matter to me but i just want to know everyone's opinion.. that's basically what i'm looking for.

Well if you suggested he call his next album "Perfectly Bent" I'm sure he'd laugh it off and point out he already owned that LP.

new rule: anyone who posts a "is morrissey gay" thread from now on should get automatically banned. this topic has been DONE TO DEEEAAAATH. :rolleyes:

probably the equivalent of going on a Nirvana site and asking "so do you think Courtney killed him?"

like seriously, just stop.

What is Nirvana? Courtney Cox is hot.

I can understand why people get wound up by this question. Yes it has been done to death
It's worth remembering Moz has played the gender game to death himself though.
Also, as far as I can tell it's obvious he is bi, the trouble is the gays say he is gay, the straights say he is straight- it's the game of gangs.

In his early pen pal days he said he was bi, he has had song a called I Can Have both and he has he chases both men and women.
Sexual preference is fluid and tags are only that- but they are the best we have when describing something or someone.

I would be interested to know who the men are women are he has been with because I am nosey

Last edited:
Based on lyrics and interviews I guess "bisexual" fits best, although Morrissey would obviously and I think understandably want to avoid classification/categorisation.

I'm new here and I appreciate that there have been lots of topics like these over the years but I still think it's a valid, interesting point of discussion anyway.

D'ya reckon one day Morrissey will EVER post a thread about MY sexual proclivities ???? ....I jolly well think he should.....
P.S. The Eternal Mystery is now solved....I AM JULIA. So There....nerr nerrr....

Based on lyrics and interviews I guess "bisexual" fits best, although Morrissey would obviously and I think understandably want to avoid classification/categorisation.

I'm new here and I appreciate that there have been lots of topics like these over the years but I still think it's a valid, interesting point of discussion anyway.

This is true but he is more than happy to use classification/categorisation when discussing other peoples gender (Jobriath for instance), thus I would suggest there is more than a trace of tease in Morrisseys sexual stance.

Though to be fair it really doesn't matter who he loves really- the trouble is most of us (and him) love gossipy things.

Personally, the Anton Corbijn "Moz-belly" pic basically settles it for me (can't find it right off -- you know the one...). Real warmth and great intimacy there.

So you are basing your assumption (and it is an assumption) on one photo?

See thats the thing about stupid threads, they illicit equally stupid responses...

stupid threads like this only take attention away from the real, pressing issues. so which is it, people? do you prefer pancakes or waffles? oh, and f*** crepes.

Back
Top Bottom