do you think morrissey is gay, straight or bi?

Straight people are obsessed with their straightness just as much.

Wearing engagement rings, getting married, wearing wedding rings, kissing in public, holding hands in public, talking about the date you had last night during your lunch break, reading books with mostly straight characters (just like you!), watching movies with mostly straight characters (just like you!), admiring famous people who are mostly straight (just like you!), hanging out mostly with other straight people, going out mostly to straight people's parties, sitting mostly in straight people's bars, thinking that everybody else is straight- until proven guilty…

Exactly. :thumb:

To stick to the original issue, I really don't care. I do care that Morrissey himself insists that the point is that it's not the point - and that any label as such is inherently limiting and pre-defining. One thing is how that works as a recipe for your personal life, another - and this is what interests me - is what that implies for the reception of his lyrics and music, where it amounts to an insistence that whatever he has to tell us is doesn't depend on reading it into a context of a specific sexual orientation. Which again I think is a way of approaching his art that makes it much more interesting and productive, because it implies that there are things about love, desperation, desire and so on that can fundamentally be related to by everyone, irrespective of what category of people you fancy.

cheers

It expect you do think he put it well, as your obviously desperate for Moz to be gay- just because you are (you stated as such in another post).

whether Bi, pan (pan-sexual is such a silly term) or what ever he is not gay as such. The trouble with the gay community is they are obsessed with gayness, so much so that it gets in the way of everything else.
I could list a number of talented artists in music who have got no where simply because all they go on about is being gay.
t

Straight people are obsessed with their straightness just as much.

Wearing engagement rings, getting married, wearing wedding rings, kissing in public, holding hands in public, talking about the date you had last night during your lunch break, reading books with mostly straight characters (just like you!), watching movies with mostly straight characters (just like you!), admiring famous people who are mostly straight (just like you!), hanging out mostly with other straight people, going out mostly to straight people's parties, sitting mostly in straight people's bars, thinking that everybody else is straight- until proven guilty…

So what is it exactly that we queers do that seems too extensive to you?!

exactly. try walking with your same sex boyfriend /girlfriend walking trough the city shopping. and do nothing than holding hands and you till this day get abuse /looks or worseand believ me th big cities are no different than the villages.
.. on the paper it sounds like equal rights but blending in in the crowd-no.. actually the acceaptance/homophobia have arisen esp around young people.

and the "gay commie who is obsessed with their gaynesss" as it was put ..well you seem to refer to the people who look overtly camp . so you spot them and get the feeling "they show their gayness overtly". but he wants to look camp and have every right to do so. (not to forget the fact many masculine man are gay any yet look like a "real man".)
just like a straight male has for the right to look like a "man" suppose to look
but on the other side there are more people looking or "acting" neither overtly butch or femine, just like the every day man /woman and looks/acts/exist just like you. and are queer. ie.e having a same sex RL, and or also have children. who are loved and being´cared for just like straight couple would do.yet not having the exact same rights.

also the mentality of outing pople as gay in the news and put it on the spot was a more topic in the 80 ties. what you mean with being "obsessed" with their sexuality to the outside for everyone to see -
the last years the mindset is treating your sexualty as nothing speclal cause it doesnt defines you who you are

Last edited:
To stick to the original issue, I really don't care. I do care that Morrissey himself insists that the point is that it's not the point - and that any label as such is inherently limiting and pre-defining. One thing is how that works as a recipe for your personal life, another - and this is what interests me - is what that implies for the reception of his lyrics and music, where it amounts to an insistence that whatever he has to tell us is doesn't depend on reading it into a context of a specific sexual orientation. Which again I think is a way of approaching his art that makes it much more interesting and productive, because it implies that there are things about love, desperation, desire and so on that can fundamentally be related to by everyone, irrespective of what category of people you fancy.

cheers

:clap:

There's no eloquent way for me to put this: let this topic die... please. It may be useful for speculation, but the general nosey-ness of Morrissey fans leaves little to the imagination. I swear you people know more about Morrissey than he does. The fact that he didn't "come out" is a blessing in disguise really.

*note: I include myself in the nosey Morrissey fan demographic

There's no eloquent way for me to put this: let this topic die... please. It may be useful for speculation, but the general nosey-ness of Morrissey fans leaves little to the imagination. I swear you people know more about Morrissey than he does. The fact that he didn't "come out" is a blessing in disguise really.

*note: I include myself in the nosey Morrissey fan demographic
I agree,

To be honest I was on the wind up a tad, I think I had a cold coming on.
As I said on one of my first posts I really don't care what Morrisseys sexual preference is.
I really don't, to me it's as important and unimportant as his choice of tea- being nosey I would like to know his choice of tea though.

When I said gay artists who got nowhere because they were obsessed with their gayness I was speaking in terms of interesting art rather than sales or stardom ( I should have been more clear).
I mean Jenny Somerville or Rufus are but two. Then Boring George is a third. This is not a slur against every gay person in the world just a certain ilk of gay person- yes I know the psychology behind it but no matter what the reason having ones sexuality as the deciding factor in every decision is quite empty- yes I know straight people do this too
To be honest I just get fed up with the game of gangs- i.e. he is this because I am etc- it's very dull.

At the end of the worried week, it's the job of the pop star to be all things in a sense. The trouble starts when fans think they know the reason for the pop stars every move.

PS an extra sorry goes to 5am. I am not anti queer, quite the reverse- I moved to Brighton (in the UK), for goodness sake.

Last edited:
I agree,

To be honest I was on the wind up a tad, I think I had a cold coming on.
As I said on one of my first posts I really don't care what Morrisseys sexual preference is.
I really don't, to me it's as important and unimportant as his choice of tea- being nosey I would like to know his choice of tea though.

When I said gay artists who got nowhere because they were obsessed with their gayness I was speaking in terms of interesting art rather than sales or stardom ( I should have been more clear).
I mean Jenny Somerville or Rufus are but two. Then Boring George is a third. This is not a slur against every gay person in the world just a certain ilk of gay person- yes I know the psychology behind it but no matter what the reason having ones sexuality as the deciding factor in every decision is quite empty- yes I know straight people do this too
To be honest I just get fed up with the game of gangs- i.e. he is this because I am etc- it's very dull.

At the end of the worried week, it's the job of the pop star to be all things in a sense. The trouble starts when fans think they know the reason for the pop stars every move.

Darjeeling! With waffles.

At the end of the worried week, it's the job of the pop star to be all things in a sense.

That's very true. When I was a youngster, I misheard a line in the Jimi Hendrix song Purple Haze (and which has since become a book title) "scuse me while I kiss this guy." It made perfect sense if he was bisexual - or even just imagining he was. As a musician, he had to write songs for an audience of men and women, so he had to relate to everyone, all kinds of situations.

Having said that, I'd bet my car that Moz is gay.

Not sure about Ryan Seacrest though.

Back
Top Bottom