Do you think Morrissey is an alcoholic?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date

Is Morrissey a drunkard?

• Total voters
Who is delusional?
Have you got proof? Are you sure?

To be honest I wouldn't blame him if he actually was, considering all the jackshite comments on here, supposedly to be a fandom forum.

The thread was asking a question, not stating a fact. Are you against people asking questions? Questions to which you or I don't know the answer, so can't say one way or the other?

P.

The thread was asking a question, not stating a fact. Are you against people asking questions? Questions to which you or I don't know the answer, so can't say one way or the other?

P.

I don't think this thread is asking a question, at all. I think it's an invitation to speculate; which is a different thing entirely. There is no genuine spirit of enquiry here. After all, there is only one possible answer: "I don't know."

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with wild and pointless speculation. It can be fun, and it's what forums do.

Do I think it's an offensive thread? Yes, I suppose so.

Am I personally offended? No. I've got better things to do than get offended on someone else's behalf.

Do I wish there was a finer quality of discussion on this forum? Yes. But I'm too busy to do anything about it. And too lazy. And apathetic. And even if you are, on occasion, misguided, Uncle Skinny, nobody can accuse you of laziness or apathy.

I'll just carry on as before, scrolling rapidly down threads that catch my eye, looking for the avatars of those whose comments I find interesting. Every now and then, I'll read a few posts by those individuals some have branded trolls and bullies, just to see if they've contributed something of value. Which, so far, they have failed to do. Which I'm fully aware is a deliberate strategy on their part. But there's always hope and everyone deserves another chance. I'm sure, once they're away from the keyboard, they're reasonable enough people.

And, anyway, who am I to decide what's 'of value' or what is or isn't offensive? Or even what constitutes a reasonable person? I'm not even qualified to distinguish a genuine question from an invitation to speculate. And yet, here I am.

It's all up for grabs. :)

P.

I’m not against asking questions and referring to Morrissey a “drunkard” was for sarcasms sake and nothing else.

there was a time when a thread like this would have been killed or moved out of GD :straightface:
ahh, progress :rolleyes:

Was that back in the days when you told the forum I was raped and should be committed to a mental institution or kill myself?

Even though I'm a massive supporter of the Moz and very rarely put him down on here, I don't think there's anything wrong with this thread.
It could be a reasonable explanation to his recent, unusual behaviour. Yes he is ill with food poisoning and I don't doubt that but his health seems to be deterorating rapidly for a man of his age and this could be a possibility.

I don't think it's a 'disgusting' thread by any means.

Was that back in the days when you told the forum I was raped and should be committed to a mental institution or kill myself?

Yeah, you don't ever say things like that about others. :lbf: Robby clone.

I guess the fans have spoken: Morrissey is a sad, old drunk. :(

He should have an intervention.

Two light ales, please

I don't think he is in any way that would be a problem. He's a social drinker, obviously, and yes, there were those infamous shows where he was visibly drunk as were mentioned above, but I think those are isolated incidents. If I were to speculate on an addiction, I think it's more likely he'd be addicted to painkillers.

The other day, a friend of mine and I were discussing 80s bands doing reunion tours and how Journey is touring without their frontman Steve perry because he is agoraphobic. So then I got to mulling the idea that maybe Moz might be as well. He used to spend "warm summer days indoors, writing frightening verse to a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg." This might explain how Moz could cancel a show literally hours before he's set to go onstage. The band's set up, fans are in line snaked around the building, T-Shirt vendors are selling their wares...then all of a sudden. Nada. When the planets align and all is right in the world- he goes on, does his thing and it's all good....then there's those other times. Unexplained illnesses...nausea...panic attacks, perhaps? The realization that all this touching and hugging during a show, whether in the United States, the United Kingdom or the United Arab Emirates just isn't safe and he's not coming out of his dressing room. Like that eccentric uncle we all cover for, the band covers for him well. Just a theory.

Last edited:
[color="#800080"......... [/color]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom