Do you think "I Want The One I Can't Have" was about Johnny Marr?

Cos I think it was. Discuss.
Also, do I look good in orange corduroy pants?

So many songs were apparently written about Johnny e.g. I Won't Share You, along with others. There was obviously a clear and strong relationship between the two but no one apart from Moz can really say who those were about. Personally I do not think it was about Marr, but we can only speculate.

Love PTxx.

No one looks good in orange pants.

I think it was about Harry Seacombe...

...or maybe the Pope.

Last edited:
I think it was about Morrissey himself.

Yes of course! That makes perfect sense, Morrissey is the only person on the planet Morrissey is unable to get married to or shag. And nobody else is good enough for him. That must be why it is driving him mad. Thankyou so much! You have solved this riddle for me at last. I love you in a completely Platonic sense, I don't know what "Platonic" means but I hope it involves shagging. Thankyou so much for your help!! :)
And thankyou so Practised Troublemaker too, and thankyou for saying you love me, that means alot. I love you, too. Although your clown thing scares the f*** out of my tiny vulnerable and innocent teenaged body. Please find a nicer picture, like one of our glorious vegetable-eating leader, Morrissey.
Love you all.
Oh, you didn't answer my second question though.

Oh, I see that Practising Troublemaker says "Love PT" to EVERYBODY. That certainly diminishes the thrill I felt when s/he said it to me. :(
Thankyou for your theory too sir, that the song was about Harry Secombe AKA Seagoon, it is very very possibly true. Apparently Moz is a massive fan of the Welsh tenor and emulates his vocal stylings alot.
And the answer to my second question was, I DO look good in orange pants, because I am wearing a purple jacket and a green velvet shirt.

Oh, I see that Practising Troublemaker says "Love PT" to EVERYBODY. That certainly diminishes the thrill I felt when s/he said it to me. :(
Thankyou for your theory too sir, that the song was about Harry Secombe AKA Seagoon, it is very very possibly true. Apparently Moz is a massive fan of the Welsh tenor and emulates his vocal stylings alot.
And the answer to my second question was, I DO look good in orange pants, because I am wearing a purple jacket and a green velvet shirt.

platonic means friends only.

I always thought it was based on how young Morrissey viewed himself and his frustrations growing up. It just seemed to me he addresses himself in the song ...

but with Morrissey you never know. He can be deadpan straightforward sometimes, so I might be wrong on this one ;)

Wow sounds hideous, but sometimes it's fun to wear ridiculous clothes.

No shagging, but maybe some naked wrestling.

Last edited:
platonic means friends only.

Oh what a drag, eh. :(

Must have really sucked to be Plato. He never got to shag anybody. Everybody was always like, "No, you're Plato, remember? Let's just be friends."

Wow sounds hideous, but sometimes it's fun to wear ridiculous clothes.

No shagging, but maybe some naked wrestling.

What do you mean, ridiculous clothing??? This is my formal wear for super-special occasions! I look divine, like Audrey Hepburn but a rugged bloke.

Hmm so Audrey Hepburn with a beard and sideburns? I'm loving that image.

No sorry, I got confused, I mean Katherine Hepburn. So you know, more attractive in a manic way then attractive in a delicate way. But a rugged bloke.

That is a lovely picture you have, but Moz looks like some kind of a scary gangster who is going to stave people's heads in with a marble cherub. I prefer the Moz of old who would hand me a flower and then cheerfully ignore me and walk away.

I think the expression is saying "I want to put you in a little dress and hurt you" but in a nice way.

He also looks super sharp.

Back
Top Bottom