Do you stream music?

A

Anonymous

Like spotify and apple music and others similar to them?

and on a percentage scale how much of your listening is with a streaming service?

What are your exceptions like particular artists do you prefer not to stream because the streaming service just doesn't have enough of their material, maybe or other examples like that.

Like spotify and apple music and others similar to them?

and on a percentage scale how much of your listening is with a streaming service?

What are your exceptions like particular artists do you prefer not to stream because the streaming service just doesn't have enough of their material, maybe or other examples like that.

none of these. i mean why would i pay for streaming when almost everything is free. i do mostly listen to music through my computer from various sites but i dont pay for any of them because theres no reason to

Theres plenty of reasons like no ads and whilst under free mode you can only shuffle songs you cant pick individual tracks to play from an album or listen to an album in its chronological order.

Theres plenty of reasons like no ads and whilst under free mode you can only shuffle songs you cant pick individual tracks to play from an album or listen to an album in its chronological order.

I'm pretty sure you can do that on Spotify but it's been months since I used it. I use youtube mostly.

I can just go youtube or soundcloud and pick what I like with little add. I can always torrent if it comes to it

In my opinion, there's absolutely no comparison between a good streaming service and stuff like Youtube or Torrent, even if you don't care about the legal aspects. The latter lets you go out and find individual bits and pieces. Good for checking things out, if you have the time, don't mind wildly variable sound quality and are always online, wherever you go. A streaming service, in which a premium membership is ridiculously cheap (a tenner a month), lets you access instantly nearly everything, in whatever order you want to put it, and allows you to play your playlists offline. It's basically like having an Ipod with EVERYTHING on it (well, not everything, but something closer to that than anyone could have imagined a decade ago). Free sources are a nice way to check things out, streaming is pretty much a replacement for a CD collection. And much better than MP3s in every way.

I use Spotify. My CDs are in boxes in the basement. I practically never touch my huge collection of ripped music, just when I need to compile a CD for the family car maybe twice a year. I still collect vinyl, but mainly old favorites. As far as new (to me) music is concerned, Spotify takes care of 99% of my needs, at a totally trivial cost and without the necessity to mess around on websites to find things.

Back
Top Bottom