Do you still watch TV shows live or do you use on demand or play services more?

A

Anonymous

The moderator in charge may well make a poll out of this as it would be out of interest to see the result from the Solo community visitors.

1. Do you still watch live Tv when it is aired

2. Do you only watch TV shows through on demand play services

3. Do you do both

4. What is TV?

I was wondering if you people still watch live tv, when the shows are aired or if you use on demand or play services more these days or maybe entirely?

I never watch live tv to avoid commercials and with the help of smart little commercial blockers I do not watch the commercials when I use the play services either. This saves me enormous time and means that I can watch many tv shows in much shorter time and spend time on other things instead.

Please share your experience on how you watch TV these days.

I use Netflix because the room my televison/cable box is in only has a bed. So I sit in the room with a couch and watch tv on demand.

My parents are huge advocates of television so when I feel lonely I'll watch network television commercials and all because it sounds like home. :o :blushing: My dad prefers regular network shows and my mom prefers show that reinact medical traumas and weather disasters which is cable stuff.

I don't watch too much TV. When I do watch the regular TV, I'm pretty random usually reruns, late night TV or MSNBC.

I usually do Netflix streaming or watch the movie channels on demand.

When I first got DVR, about 8 years ago, I was extremely into it. I researched all the new shows and picked my shows and followed quite a few. After a while it seemed like a lot of work and I just got burned out on TV. Although it was such a break through at the time, presetting the DVR to record certain shows no longer appeals to me.

When I do get into shows it's usually on Netflix (or DVD) when I can watch one after another. I just started Boardwalk Empire. It's a great show, I'm just a little late.

I used Netflix for a few months but it was so much old stuff and I never watch american tv shows that try to be funny. The only good thing was the amazing picture quality but that was it. If I wanna watch brand new films I can do so free online without any download as it seems the film companies cannot handle the new revolution to stream films.

For me the TV is on a lot when I do other things but when I really watch something I do so through on demand services. I love having the tv on when I'm online and it's a bit like a radio now that keeps me company.

Most 1 hours tv shows are made up of 20 minutes of commercials so I get to watch 3 tv shows in the same time as it would take me to watch 2 tv shows when aired live. Airing tv in the old was has actually been declared dead by one of these market economy magazines and the way things look now I very much doubt we will have much of the old tv airings in the near future.

Both, but I think I'm tending to watch it online now. Do you still have to pay a TV license lies when you have no TV, but watch TV programmes online? I know one friend of mine who doesn't have to pay, but I hear nightmare stories of the TV detector people hounding certain people.

Back
Top Bottom