Morrissey Central "DO YOU REMEMBER … FAR BACK IN TIME …" (October 22, 2020)

...says the man who seems to spend his life watching alt-right videos on Youtube.

Very clear, articulate and justified, Baldwin makes his stance digestible.

Weiss made good points but it’s not possible to agree with him purely on the basis he has a blind perspective and simply, he is not a black man living in a black man’s world.

I watched this the other night on tv... and it was a debate, which seems very unusual these days, as I remember thinking to myself.
Unfortunately for mr Baldwin , nothing has changed, only gotten worse...
it makes me sick to my stomach the way some white Americans treat black people. America is one of the vilest nations on this planet...

Oh and don’t forget about back then when, the demure female guest used for ornamental decoration sat in the background and was never asked for a contribution.
I won’t forget that either.

I watched this the other night on tv... and it was a debate, which seems very unusual these days, as I remember thinking to myself.
Unfortunately for mr Baldwin , nothing has changed, only gotten worse...
it makes me sick to my stomach the way some white Americans treat black people. America is one of the vilest nations on this planet...
Great films though. And music. And art. And technology. But apart from the films, music, art and technology...

Oh and don’t forget about back then when, the demure female guest used for ornamental decoration sat in the background and was never asked for a contribution.
Those were the days....

I can remember thinking about the lady whilst watching and thought the same myself, that she wasn’t involved with the conversation...
But then I thought, as she was sitting furthest away, that she was maybe the first guest on, therefore she’d had her slot?? Wonder who she was...

Fortunately, we don't have to go back in time for that where I live. It's called public service television funded with tax money, yes, but besides offering entertainment, it also has an educational mandate, so that everybody who is interested can watch and participate in an unagitated debate following the good old principles of the educated middle-class once in awhile.

Very clear, articulate and justified, Baldwin makes his stance digestible.

Weiss made good points but it’s not possible to agree with him purely on the basis he has a blind perspective and simply, he is not a black man living in a black man’s world.

What's a 'black' man and what's his world?

I can remember thinking about the lady whilst watching and thought the same myself, that she wasn’t involved with the conversation...
But then I thought, as she was sitting furthest away, that she was maybe the first guest on, therefore she’d had her slot?? Wonder who she was...
Yes that’s a fair point.
I did consider it too, but I’ve noticed in recent years on some similar shows that all the guests tend to have some involvement in the debate or chat regardless of order of appearance.
I think it would be regarded rude these days to not involve everyone.
Just my opinion.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom