do you "rely" on Morrissey?

Yes. He's proven to be quite good at it. It's not as if I'm mad and I go "I'm going to go listen to Morrissey to make me feel better!" I'm always listening to music. And usually whatever mood I'm in, a song by him or the Smiths will come that will comfort me exactly how I need to. It's not that I rely on him I suppose, just that in his words, "I will be here" for me when I need him.

What does this have to do with illusion? Nothing!
I suppose the eventual misunderstanding lies within different definitions of the term "rely on". Of course Morrissey isn't there for me, if I have a problem he won't come and help me personally, he doesn't even know I exist.
But I know his songs exist and I can rely on them, because they're on my Ipod and I can listen to them whenever I want to. And if that makes me feel better when I'm down, in a way, I rely on Morrissey at that moment...through the music. And yes, it really does help me. That's how I understood the question.

I listen to Morrissey every day, i see his music as a friend that is always there. I remember after the Liverpool inncident for about a week, i was listening but felt quite mad with him, as if i'd fallen out with him, but then all was forgiven.

do you feel whatever life throws your way or whatever happens to you, you can always pop on your headfones and morrissey is there for you?

No. Morrissey knows this, and has written songs about it.

When you're dancing and laughing and finally living hear my voice in your head and think of me kindly.
The teenagers who love you will wake up, yawn, and kill you.
I don't mind if you forget me.

but, by now I should rely on him less than I do, so there's a "yes" in there somewhere, too.

I do. Definitely. There's always a song that can calm me down or lift me up. I'm not ashamed to admit that. I don't know where I'd be today if I hadn't found Morrissey all those years ago. :blushing:

I suppose the eventual misunderstanding lies within different definitions of the term "rely on". Of course Morrissey isn't there for me, if I have a problem he won't come and help me personally, he doesn't even know I exist.
But I know his songs exist and I can rely on them, because they're on my Ipod and I can listen to them whenever I want to. And if that makes me feel better when I'm down, in a way, I rely on Morrissey at that moment...through the music. And yes, it really does help me. That's how I understood the question.

This is exactly what I think. Except I have no ipod... :lbf:
For me, that's what's good music is for. And only music, that burrows under my skin, is capable of doing this.

The next time, before you wipe something away like this that somebody else wrote, you might consider to ask first what the other person meant.

Of course Morrissey isn't there for me, if I have a problem he won't come and help me personally

Really? I click my heels three times and Morrissey appears to help me. You just need to BELIEVE. :lbf:

Yes, I suppose I do rely on Morrissey. I agree with whoever said that they wouldn't know where they'd be without him, I agree with them. I think it's something that's hard to grasp if you've never really felt like this about any music artist, but when I discovered Morrissey, finally I'd found someone who was feeling the same things I was feeling, thinking the same things I was thinking, seemingly suffering the same way I was suffering. Its not something I'd like to admit to anyone I know but Morrissey understands me better than anyone else in the world does. When he sings about his life, he's singing about my life. A while ago I wanted to write to him, but I've since abandoned that idea, mainly because there's no need to. Meeting your idol would probably only disappoint, whereas in his songs, I have everything I need. I wonder if Morrissey realises just how important he, and his music, really is to some people.

Yes, I suppose I do rely on Morrissey. I agree with whoever said that they wouldn't know where they'd be without him, I agree with them. I think it's something that's hard to grasp if you've never really felt like this about any music artist, but when I discovered Morrissey, finally I'd found someone who was feeling the same things I was feeling, thinking the same things I was thinking, seemingly suffering the same way I was suffering. Its not something I'd like to admit to anyone I know but Morrissey understands me better than anyone else in the world does. When he sings about his life, he's singing about my life. A while ago I wanted to write to him, but I've since abandoned that idea, mainly because there's no need to. Meeting your idol would probably only disappoint, whereas in his songs, I have everything I need. I wonder if Morrissey realises just how important he, and his music, really is to some people.

I wrote to Morrissey and handed him the letter at Ally Pally, no reply has been recieved but just the thought of him reading my "Thankyou" letter is enough satisfaction.

Also i meet him in liverpool at the empire this year and he was extremely perfect, shaking my hand, a quick conversation and signing my Years of refusal cd. Although when i asked if he could sign meat is murder he just smiled and said "well you know i couldnt possibly sign that"....it did already have johnny marrs signature on it. He then shook my hand again and moved to the next fan. After the next fan he then turned back and shook my hand again and said thankyou to me.

The next gig at Hull, he finished a song and then came to me on the front row and said, "hello, what do you want this time"? to which i said a handshake and he leant down and shook my hand.

Ever since this at all the other gigs he has shook my hand and i feel as if he recognises me at the gigs

Have i rambled???? But my answer is do write to him and do try to meet him:guitar:

I wrote to Morrissey and handed him the letter at Ally Pally, no reply has been recieved but just the thought of him reading my "Thankyou" letter is enough satisfaction.

Also i meet him in liverpool at the empire this year and he was extremely perfect, shaking my hand, a quick conversation and signing my Years of refusal cd. Although when i asked if he could sign meat is murder he just smiled and said "well you know i couldnt possibly sign that"....it did already have johnny marrs signature on it. He then shook my hand again and moved to the next fan. After the next fan he then turned back and shook my hand again and said thankyou to me.

The next gig at Hull, he finished a song and then came to me on the front row and said, "hello, what do you want this time"? to which i said a handshake and he leant down and shook my hand.

Ever since this at all the other gigs he has shook my hand and i feel as if he recognises me at the gigs

Have i rambled???? But my answer is do write to him and do try to meet him:guitar:

Great stories there MSR...

But how sad that he wouldnt sign Meat Is Murder.

The next time, before you wipe something away like this that somebody else wrote, you might consider to ask first what the other person meant.

Feel free to explain what you meant whenever you want to.

Really? I click my heels three times and Morrissey appears to help me. You just need to BELIEVE. :lbf:

Wow! Just tried it, but the only thing that happened, is that my dog bit into my heel.
But it's not so bad, one of my invisible friends looks a lot like Moz.

Tags
lulz
Back
Top Bottom