Do you pray?

Do you pray?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oh my god. it's Robby!

spontaneously luminescent
praying_hands.jpg

when I am really down I sometimes pray, usually it just makes me feel better
but today, today, I prayed that my wallet would be found and with my money still in it
and it was, some kind hearted person who knew where I worked returned it to my work!
my $ is in it even, my friend counted it for me, so yeah, I am gonna keep praying
cuz it works :thumb:

praying_hands.jpg

when I am really down I sometimes pray, usually it just makes me feel better
but today, today, I prayed that my wallet would be found and with my money still in it
and it was, some kind hearted person who knew where I worked returned it to my work!
my $ is in it even, my friend counted it for me, so yeah, I am gonna keep praying
cuz it works :thumb:

Fantastic! Delighted for you.

There's a church near where I live, and for about the third time in ten years of being here, I visited it today. Only one other person was in the pews, and Samuel Barber's String Quartet was playing inside, which, together with the decoration and architecture, made for a sublime ten minutes. I'd nearly always wander into a church when visiting strange cities for a tranquillising break, but not normally closer to home.

Grace, brother: amen!:pray:

I would love for it to work and would be religious if anything good has ever come out of it, but it hasn't. everything good that's happened to me was because of a human somewhere. so if there is a god, he just likes ignoring me. :cool:

Fantastic! Delighted for you.

There's a church near where I live, and for about the third time in ten years of being here, I visited it today. Only one other person was in the pews, and Samuel Barber's String Quartet was playing inside, which, together with the decoration and architecture, made for a sublime ten minutes. I'd nearly always wander into a church when visiting strange cities for a tranquillising break, but not normally closer to home.

Grace, brother: amen!:pray:
wow, that sounds awesome, I love old churches :blushing:
&
I would love for it to work and would be religious if anything good has ever come out of it, but it hasn't. everything good that's happened to me was because of a human somewhere. so if there is a god, he just likes ignoring me. :cool:
and yeah, I am going to try my best to find out who the human involved was for sure :)
as for God ignoring you, I feel that way a lot, then something happens and its the other way, I'm a bit bipolar maybe :o

Prayer is a good thing.

It's a miracle! If you get too drunk and lose your wallet, God will find it for you! God rewards irresponsible behavior!

Praying changes nothing. Good thing, too, because many religious people pray for America and England to be bombed. In sports and war, both teams generally pray before a game, but they can't both win.

I never pray and I'm doing quite well.

Maybe you should pray for the forgiveness of the people of The Pigsty.

That would take an act of God. :lbf: I think I'd have to become a believer if they did.

Oh, people of the Pigsty, please forgive me for being a boring idiot! :lbf:

Saturday at 3pm!

I was watching a football match recently and some players made great show of their prayers, then went to kick lumps out of each other. At the end it was the same. It was like they were saying "it doesn't matter how good or bad we are, we won because God is on our side".

People remember the "answered" prayers, but less frequently the "unanswered" ones.

I'm pleased you got your wallet back Robby. :)
If you had shown greater kindness to/faith in yourself you might not have lost it in the first place, or needed God to bail you out.

'Art and prayer are the only pure ejaculations of the soul'.

But no.

everything good that's happened to me was because of a human somewhere. so if there is a god, he just likes ignoring me. :cool:

Maybe God is working through the people in your life. It's been known to happen.

I've never understood how certain acts get attributed to God and not others.

Like, if an infant is killed by a drive-by shooting involving drug dealers, you may hear the survivors saying it was God calling her home. On the other hand, abortions in clinics are ascribed to an act of man.

Haiti has been called "an act of God," although science would suggest earthquakes are caused by a normal shifting of tectonic plates that would occur even if God wasn't around.

God's role in the Holocaust (oops, I just lost the discussion :lbf:) has been a popular topic of discussion, though few people say that the Holocaust was caused by God or was God's work. They typically say that God did not prevent the Holocaust, through inaction. God's level of involvement in the 9/11 attacks vary, depending on whether you live in the US or a muslim country.

Back
Top Bottom