Do you listen to music Morrissey likes?

I find I like the majority of things he likes. I guess we just have similar taste, it's certainly not a consequence of my love for Morrissey anyway. I think he has a tremendous sense of melody and admires qualities in artists I admire too.

A few I'm not keen on though, and he is, would be Patti Smith, Joni Mitchell & I've never got into Nico really.

When or where Morrissey said he liked Felt?

Lawrence would be shocked.

Lawrence eats nothing but meat, correct?

Morrissey has a severe lack of taste, but so does everybody else.

I do 'like' Magazine.

Lawrence eats nothing but meat, correct?

Morrissey has a severe lack of taste, but so does everybody else.

I do 'like' Magazine.

I have no idea about Lawrence, but one of his friends who happened be my colleague at that time told me that when he was invited his flat he's shocked to see very few furniture in there.
Apperently Lawrence kept everything in cupboards.
He also asked his girlfriend to go to a particular corner to brush her hair.

Last edited:
Big fan of The Courteeners. Mozzer got it spot on with them. Seeing them in Manchester in December, supported by Buzzcocks.

What has the world come to when Buzzcocks, a truly brilliant band, are supporting the utter shite that are The Courteeners

When I was a teenager I didn't listen to contemporary music at all. Mostly I'd listen to old rock and roll records: Elvis, Eddie Cochran, Buddy Holly, Jerry Lee Lewis, Fats Domino. A friend, who actually wasn't much of a Smiths fan, played me Rusholme Ruffians from his sister's copy of Meat is Murder, and that was my 'in'.

Some artists I've discovered via Morrissey: Damien Dempsey, Nico, Ludus.

Others I discovered independently of Morrissey and found out later he was a fan: New York Dolls, Bowie, T-Rex, Buzzcocks, Sinatra, Ghostface Killah...

Yes I'm sure I listen to stuff Moz likes and stuff he hates..

The only artists I got into directly from Morrissey was Damien Dempsey and Smoking Popes.

Morrissey's taste seems fairly varied to me, so I think you'd have to be pretty limited in your tastes not to find you have a few artists in common with him.

I love the Courteeners, really the only opening act that has caught my attention since the early 90's.

Also like NY Dolls musically, yes, but they are from my hometown of Queens, New York:thumb: so there is an affinity right there. :D Also a big fan of Bowie and Jobriath.

I have no idea about Lawrence, but one of his friends who happened be my colleague at that time told me that when he was invited his flat he's shocked to see very few faniture in there.
Apperently Lawrence kept everything in cupboards.
He also asked his girlfriend to go to a particular corner to brush her hair.

I've also heard that he does not allow guests to use his toilet for a 'number two" and asks people about the purpose of their visit to the smallest room!

Thats very odd!

I've also heard that he does not allow guests to use his toilet for a 'number two" and asks people about the purpose of their visit to the smallest room!

Thats very odd!

Lawrence also has a pathological aversion to cheese. One great Lawrence apocryphal myth is that somebody once, by mistake, put some cheese in his fridge. Lawrence was so freaked out that he had the fridge replaced because he believed it was now contaminated with cheese vibes.

As for meat, I always believed Lawrence only eats sweets. Last interview I read with him a few years ago he sounded a bit of a sad state and was still on methadone.

Apologies to all non-Felt fans if this thread is now going way off topic!

Do you listen to music Morrissey likes?

Magazine, The Fall, New York Dolls, Bowie, T-Rex, Buzzcocks, Gainsboro, Iggy, Patti Smith, the Sparks -

So it seems, but not because he likes them. Not that I don't take note of his views or consider them recommendations - the very fact that he cites them as influences makes it interesting to hear them in order to understand Morrissey's music better, which doesn't necessarily amount to liking them.

cheers

Did he like the Libertines?

I also listen to the Smiths and Morrissey.

I really cant stand most of his influences. cant see anything good in the new york dolls or nico. however I do love t-rex and the 60's girl group stuff.

Back
Top Bottom