Do you know anyone with AIDS?

I disagree. He made an unfunny joke about someone's deceased family member.

PS: How is hattie? I miss her, she's so nice. :(

i see. i'll admit, i haven't read the whole thread in meticulous detail, but i think he was referring to the way in which people (arguably) unfairly differentiate between people who've contracted hiv & aids in different ways. i don't think he meant to be offensive.

ps. hattie is quite as lovely as you'd expect, but inundated with work (and knitting), unfortunately.

i see. i'll admit, i haven't read the whole thread in meticulous detail, but i think he was referring to the way in which people (arguably) unfairly differentiate between people who've contracted hiv & aids in different ways. i don't think he meant to be offensive.

ps. hattie is quite as lovely as you'd expect, but inundated with work (and knitting), unfortunately.

I don't understand why he would even ask Corrisey something like that though. She mentions her family member passing, and his response is "Good or bad AIDs?". He was just trying to be an asshole, plain and simple, and he got called on it.

I'm glad Hattie is doing well! :)

It's my fault for even replying to this thread to begin with that jfunk started

Exactly.

This drama reinforces my opinion that music forums arent the place for threads like this. Which was made in jest, but had it been serious there would've been a whole lot more people getting upset.

I don't understand why he would even ask Corrisey something like that though. She mentions her family member passing, and his response is "Good or bad AIDs?". He was just trying to be an asshole, plain and simple, and he got called on it.

I'm glad Hattie is doing well! :)

i accept that what he said could easily have been misconstrued and that his post, owing to it's brevity, could easily be seen as (at best) insensitive. as i said, though, i think he was alluding to the way in which people with aids & hiv are often vilified, for very spurious reasons.

thank you, i shall convey your sentiments to her. i hope you are well, too, young lady.

Yep. If he wasn't (originally) trying to be offensive, he quickly became that way attacking 'square Americans with no sense of humour'. :rolleyes:

Thanks, C. Many have your back around here as well.

i accept that what he said could easily have been misconstrued and that his post, owing to it's brevity, could easily be seen as (at best) insensitive. as i said, though, i think he was alluding to the way in which people with aids & hiv are often vilified, for very spurious reasons.

thank you, i shall convey your sentiments to her. i hope you are well, too, young lady.

Thanks HIM. :)

Yep. If he wasn't (originally) trying to be offensive, he quickly became that way attacking 'square Americans with no sense of humour'. :rolleyes:

Thanks, C. Many have your back around here as well.

He said 'Square'. I said 'American'.

He's probably an alias of another member anyway but I've got his back. We've all got crews now, look how cool we are.

To be fair to him, when he asked "Good AIDS or bad AIDS?" he probably was just curious as to how the guy contracted it but threw a bit of British comedy in there at the same time.

You guys should look up Brass Eye though. The peadophilia episode caused a whole heap of controversy.

did you ever answer Superhans's question? :D

The late Kenny Everett had the bad kind. I don't think I have either though. (You can't catch it from shaking hads with someone can you? I'm not sure.)

The late Kenny Everett had the bad kind. I don't think I have either though. (You can't catch it from shaking hads with someone can you? I'm not sure.)

tell me you're joking, and I just don't understand cuz I'm American.

Tags: aids, disease, hiv, humor fail, illness, j-funk =c***, medicine, sadness, superhans has aids, superhans is an asshole, superhans rules ok, virus

Haw haw! :lbf:

Who's been adding tags about me, I should get so offended by this, but I'm not a complete and utter idiot...so it really won't bother me in the slightest.

If a mad man with a machine gun came in here now, and shot you to pieces anyone yawning would get your aids blood in there mouths and become infected.

YOU HAVE BAD AIDS!

Tags
aids being an idiot is rad! disease hiv humor fail illness medicine sadness superhans rules ok virus watch brass eye morons
Back
Top Bottom