Do you believe that we will be able to download 'Pigsty' into the UK Charts?

Do you believe that we will be able to download 'Pigsty' into the UK Charts?

• YES!

Votes: 29 50.9%
  • NO...it's not gonna work out.

Votes: 28 49.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Belligerent Ghoul

Hall of Famer
MozBath.jpg

I applaud Tbevie's efforts and I realize that there have been MANY threads on this subject and I've gone and created another here. :o However, in the last week or two, those songs which came in at #40 and/or #39, how many units did they sell? Are we talking hundreds, thousands, what?

I voted yes but I don't expect much above 35 in the charts. Hopefully it will be much higher than that.

I think it will place lower than all the other Ringleader singles, without a doubt, but it will make it into the Top 40 somewhere in the mid-thirties.

you guys, i believe we can make it to No1, we can do it. Moz is fab, we are fab......I'm not too delirious am I? :D

No seriously we can get it to No 2...hehehe...VIVA MOZ

I believe that No. 1's these days get around 5000 - 8000 copies. I don't know how many people are on the Get Moz To Number 1 mailing list but if everyone buys multiple copies of the single then I think Pigsty stands a decent chance of making an impression on the charts.

I know you all have good intentions... but what exactly is the point to this?

I know you all have good intentions... but what exactly is the point to this?

Because we love Morrissey and want him to get him as much recognition as possible. :)

If Morrissey got a #30 hit people wouldn't notice or care, but if he got a #30 hit that was unsolicited and downloaded into the charts by fans, people would notice and care.

Because we love Morrissey and want him to get him as much recognition as possible. :)

If Morrissey got a #30 hit people wouldn't notice or care, but if he got a #30 hit that was unsolicited and downloaded into the charts by fans, people would notice and care.
Frist, who cares about those charts? Well, I suppose you do, but I don't see why? I don't even know what's in the charts. Second, what is the point of each one of you downloading the same song 50 times to get him into the charts - it's like saying that you think a chart success for him is very important, but there is no other way he can get there so you have to resort to this?! It's even a bit humiliating. If there is a sufficient number of people who'll buy or download it for real, fine, but if there isn't, who cares? I don't see why I would have to waste my time and download capacity in order to get some fake chart position that should create illusion that Morrissey has more mainstream success than he has.

Frist, who cares about those charts? Well, I suppose you do, but I don't see why? I don't even know what's in the charts. Second, what is the point of each one of you downloading the same song 50 times to get him into the charts - it's like saying that you think a chart success for him is very important, but there is no other way he can get there so you have to resort to this?! It's even a bit humiliating. If there is a sufficient number of people who'll buy or download it for real, fine, but if there isn't, who cares? I don't see why I would have to spend my time and download capacity in order to get some fake chart position that should create illusion that Morrissey has more mainstream success than he has.

Well I haven't downloaded the song (PLEASE DON'T HURT ME ANYONE! :eek: ), and I find charts very interesting but I don't actually care about them. I'm not really "apart" of the whole Get Moz Into the Charts group actually. Considering Morrissey just had a #3 hit around 10 months ago I don't expect anyone to think "Is this wash-up so pathetic he needs his fans to mass-download a song to get him in the Top 40?". Morrissey has had continued success and his albums and concert tickets have been selling well, so I think people aren't going to think of this as some humiliating hair-brained attempt to get Moz attention for the first time since The Smiths broke up, but rather a sign of our devotion as fans and that we are trying to make a stand to get him more recognition and appreciation, the amount he deserves and that he is not getting in the current commercial trend of his career.

It reminds me of the sort of thing Will Young fans do. Isn't Morrissey a bit above all that?

I would hope so, and I'd hope his fans were as well.

I don't think it'll make the "singles" charts, but it may just dent the download chart.

Well, in my little world it makes No 1 :D

Back
Top Bottom