Do any of you own a Cat Genie?

Scarlet Ibis

The Chicken of D.C.
Do any of you own a Cat Genie? Do you like it? Would you recommend it? Pros? Cons?

I'm thinking of getting one, but it's a lot of money to waste if it doesn't do the trick.
4159_catgenieself_washing_self_flushing_cat_box_1.jpg

It's not that stressful just to empty a litter box, surely?

Do any of you own a Cat Genie? Do you like it? Would you recommend it? Pros? Cons?

I'm thinking of getting one, but it's a lot of money to waste if it doesn't do the trick.
4159_catgenieself_washing_self_flushing_cat_box_1.jpg

The pros are that if it does work it's not as gross as having a regular litter box. The cons are that it doesn't give wishes if you rub the clumpy poops three times.

When I had a cat I just used a box with liners and it was real easy. I never thought about getting one of these. Do they have a 30 day return policy? Many stores do. That could at least give you the peace of mind that it's not wasting your money.

You could also search for the product on epionions.com

I housesat for someone who had something like it, it's kinda expensive to upkeep if I recall. You have to purchase special liners for it, creates a lot of extra waste. It might even require a special kind of litter. And it was kinda loud when it scooped.

EDIT: I clicked your link. Don't take this advice, it actually looks like a toilet, never seen one before, sorry. HOWEVER, I sit for these other people who are INSANELY clean and they have three cats who split their bathrooming between two boxes which I only have to clean every other day. :o Could give you a teeny break.

Last edited:
I have 3 cats. I'm scooping incessantly.

Try and let them out to do it. That is what my cat does atm, and come winter she'll have a litter tray as well.

Try and let them out to do it. That is what my cat does atm, and come winter she'll have a litter tray as well.

My cats are indoor cats. Allowing cats to roam freely outdoors is a good way to end up with a dead cat.

My cats are indoor cats. Allowing cats to roam freely outdoors is a good way to end up with a dead cat.

Cats are outdoor animals, it's not natural for them to be inside all the time. My cat goes outside for obvious toileting business, climbs tree, digs, explores, lays in the grass if it's sunny - just generally gets a bit of fresh air and then comes back in. I would feel cruel confining her to the house.

Cats are outdoor animals, it's not natural for them to be inside all the time. My cat goes outside for obvious toileting business, climbs tree, digs, explores, lays in the grass if it's sunny - just generally gets a bit of fresh air and then comes back in. I would feel cruel confining her to the house.

I agree.:thumb:

Cats can be either indoor or outdoor animals. It depends on your neighborhood and the cat. Cats tend to live longer if they are indoor kitties. Less prone to injury, fights, etc. Cats do fine living their entire lives indoors. It's not cruel to keep them inside, it is safer for them.

It's also not 'natural' for them to eat factory made food in a steel bowl, but it looks like they're quite ok with it :)

My cats are indoor cats, and I believe they are happy cats. They are also safer that way, which makes me a happier mama. I'm sorry to say that, but from what I see around me it looks like most cats who go outside get run over or disappear sooner or later. It's probably different outside the city though.

No, but one of my cats is a Jedi.

It's not natural for women to get Brazilians but I highly approve.
I also approve of indoor cats because they live longer and the cat has become domesticated which means it's nature has changed.

Feral cats on the other hand don't do well indoors because it's truly not natural for them.

I can't really condemn your logic Amy, but I hope you have done the unnatural thing and had her spayed.

My mother used to work for the Department Of Motor Vehicles. One of her many duties was to take phone calls about road blockages. Many of these calls were about dead animals in the road. She told me that after working there she'd never have an outdoor cat again because so many of the dead animals turned out to be family cats. Cats aren't as savvy about cars as people think.

Tags
*bucktooth cat *in luxembourg poop pussy
Back
Top Bottom