DNS provider change

davidt

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
DNS provider was just changed, it appears the old DNS provider is pointing to some spam site while the changes propagated. Site was not hacked, sorry for any inconvenience.

Sorry about that, it may take longer for some hosts, give it a day or so.

Sorry about that, it may take longer for some hosts, give it a day or so.
Thanks David for your suggestion about clearing browsing history and getting rid of cookies. It helped and I am in.

Hey David,
Pleased to report that the site is now showing.
Got pc to work with cookie and cache deletion.
Stock mobile browser worked like that too (after a while).
Google Chrome mobile app users might still be seeing network errors or that ad site - I found the only fix for this (god knows why) was to uninstall all its updates and clear its data via app manager then reinstall/update it. Using the settings to clear cache/cookies didn't work in this case.
Glad it is all ticking over now - your efforts in this regard are always appreciated.
Cheers,
FWD.

Hey David,
Pleased to report that the site is now showing.
Got pc to work with cookie and cache deletion.
Stock mobile browser worked like that too (after a while).
Google Chrome mobile app users might still be seeing network errors or that ad site - I found the only fix for this (god knows why) was to uninstall all its updates and clear its data via app manager then reinstall/update it. Using the settings to clear cache/cookies didn't work in this case.
Glad it is all ticking over now - your efforts in this regard are always appreciated.
Cheers,
FWD.

Yes, I'm getting server issues on both Chrome and Firefox on mobile. Reinstallation seems to be the thing.

Thanks for the reports and sorry about the hassle. I did not expect the prior DNS registrar (name.com) to point the servers to their links page immediately after moving as changes propagate over a couple days. Glad I moved off if that's how they do business.

In some cases the cookie got corrupted and caused the server error in which case deleting the cookie appears to be the best fix.

Well that was a pain in the nether regions. Couldn't access Moz Solo for two days and found answer on Facehugger. Clearing cookies on iPad also requires clearing browsing history. Sounds like prior DNS registrar are a pack of muppets. Not too happy about losing browsing history. Ah well I suppose it is a first world problem so I shouldn't complain too much.

Back
Top Bottom