Disappointed fans of the world unite

secretson

Have we reached the point that we are done with the shenanigans of Mr. Morrissey ? morrissey snor.jpg

Re: Disappointed fans of the world unite!!!

I for one will never be done with Mr. Morrissey.

For sure you didn't buy tickets for Athens and Istanbul....:straightface:

I am not disappointed in Morrissey, and nor would it be my place to say that because he releases something I do not like, that he is not worth following.
Music is so personal and subjective, one album can inspire and fill a fan with joy, the same album can leave a fan feeling cold. There is no right and wrong when it comes to ART.

I am just grateful, thankful and blessed that Morrissey is continuing to create music, because he is exceptionally talented and every release has its own merits.

As for World Peace, I absolutely love this album, and have been playing it almost constantly since its release.

For sure you didn't buy tickets for Athens and Istanbul....:straightface:

No, but I've had a half dozen Morrissey shows canceled on me over the years. Of course it sucks, and of course I wish the reasons the cancelations have happened (whatever they may be) didn't exist, but I gain nothing from being angry or from considering excising Morrissey from my life. It is what it is. If the bad outweighed the good, I sure as hell wouldn't still be thinking/talking about him every day for the past 25 years...

Even people who hate him aren't done with him. They're here every day!

No, but I've had a half dozen Morrissey shows canceled on me over the years. Of course it sucks, and of course I wish the reasons the cancelations have happened (whatever they may be) didn't exist, but I gain nothing from being angry or from considering excising Morrissey from my life. It is what it is. If the bad outweighed the good, I sure as hell wouldn't still be thinking/talking about him every day for the past 25 years...

^ This.

Sweet Lord, I love you.

funny and true. buying a ticket is always a gamble especially with a showman of his age. i just accept that and am fine

My official tally since I have been going to Morrissey shows is
24 cancellations
3 reschedules
2 walk offs mid-show

why do I keep going?
A. the experience obviously
B. I've made some good friendships over the years at Moz shows so its an excuse to meet up with friends if nothing else
C. I love to travel and its gives me a chance to see places I may have otherwise never visited

If tickets went on sale for US dates in 2015 tomorrow, I would start figuring out logistics asap.

My rules of thumb are :
Always try to drive to shows if possible.
Only buy tickets from places that would offer me a full refund. One time I bought tickets off of Craigslist and that got heated but the person did refund my tickets.
For shows when I fly, make sure its somewhere I'd want to visit even if the show doesn't happen for some reason.

I love WPINOYB, my favourite album by far! Can't get enough of it! Play 'the Mother...' erveryday
I am not disappointed in Morrissey, and nor would it be my place to say that because he releases something I do not like, that he is not worth following.
Music is so personal and subjective, one album can inspire and fill a fan with joy, the same album can leave a fan feeling cold. There is no right and wrong when it comes to ART.

I am just grateful, thankful and blessed that Morrissey is continuing to create music, because he is exceptionally talented and every release has its own merits.

As for World Peace, I absolutely love this album, and have been playing it almost constantly since its release.

Yeah, corn and skinny can't get enough of him in their own special, creepy and bizarre way :)

- - - Updated - - -

funny and true. buying a ticket is always a gamble especially with a showman of his age. i just accept that and am fine

A man of his age? He canceled my very first show and back then he was at the ripe old age of 30!

Yeah, corn and skinny can't get enough of him in their own special, creepy and bizarre way :)

- - - Updated - - -

A man of his age? He canceled my very first show and back then he was at the ripe old age of 30!

He didn't play any shows aged 30.

either way. i guess i was just speaking to much from a i personal perspective in the here and now. ive only been seeing him live since 2013 but was warned about his canceling habits

Back
Top Bottom