Did you see Morrissey 25 at the cinema?

The camera mainly focused on Morrissey and other members.
I didn't see much background projection during Meat Is Murder.

Thanks! :thumb:

Just back from seeing it in IFI Dublin . Cinema half full , started on Tuesday . Great to see Moz looking down on me again. Film is good but the latest band destroy some of the songs. His latest band is pretty bad. If you hear the band Johnny Marr has , its more like the original Smiths sound. There was a huge round of applause when film ended. Film needed more time devoted to hearing from the fans, The entire front row should be interviewed after being outside for 12 + hours (excluding Julia of course).

A year without Moz on tour is a wasted year .

The film is still very much in my mind.
I had forgotten how good "Malajusted" sounds live (re-read the lyrics today ). "You have killed me" is also punchier than I remember.
I loved it all from beginning to end.

I planned to attend tonight in New England, however, my plans changed. I plan in go in two weeks to a different venue.

Just saw the movie tonight @ East Village Cinema in Manhattan. As other people at various other locations said , there were about 20 people in this beautiful old theater converted into a cinema . Quite a pity, if you ask me.
I really liked <Malajusted> , it doesn't get picked very often in live performances, so it was about time.
Everybody in the audience ( well , the 20 of them ) seemed to be a fan , some stayed afterwards in front of the cinema for a chat to exchange impressions. No stupid laughter, no mocking ...big round of applause at the end of the movie.
Overall, I loved it.

Just got back from seeing it in Arlington, Tx. There were a handful of people there,only one guy wearing a " Years of Refusal " shirt. Great show, great sound and camera work was excellent . He was in fine form,lets hope this isn't his swan song! I hope to relive the concert experience of seeing him again soon. Just makes me realize that he's a great performer. Come back MOZ! We need you!

I loved it!!!!!!!!!! I hope to god he tours, please please please ...... our mozzers come back to us.

Moreno Valley Ca. Just seen! Cinema half full. 100% morrissey fans!! Film
Was amazing next beat thing to seeing him live! Everyone was clapping and some were singing. Can't wait for the DVD. Well worth the wait!'

Morino Valley California just saw the film! Amazing!! Next best thing to hearing him alive! Cinema was a little less than half full all 100% Morrissey fans! Most singing! all of them clapping. I got chills up my spine! Tear drops in my eyes! Only a true MOZ fan can
understand what I'm posting! Thank you Morrissey and the producers for giving us this gift

Brummie boy is my hero.

"I'll never be anybody's hero now". And I never wanted to be since I got over Bolan, Bowie and Ozzie at around 13 years old.
If you've enjoyed some of my comments, I'm pleased. "No More Heroes" by The Stranglers was a hugely important cultural and philosophical statement. Clearly, Morrissey wasn't listening.

"Whatever happened to Leon Trotsky?
He got an ice pick
That made his ears burn

Whatever happened to dear old Lenny?
The great Elmyra, and Sancho Panza?
Whatever happened to the heroes?

Whatever happened to all the heroes?
All the Shakespearoes?
They watched their Rome burn
Whatever happened to the heroes? "

This would be a good cover song for Morrissey to attempt as part of his recovery from the delusions of 'fame'.

regards.

Our theater was pretty packed, I had to sit in the third row. Lots of Devon (the kid) fans, either it was friends of family or someone, maybe he was there, not sure, but the crowd got super excited during his parts. And when they saw themselves. I loved the movie. Good God his f***ing voice. Be still my heart. Just everything, it was well done. I gotta go to sleep.

u been reading too much books brummieboy,haha,sadboy more like,seeking attention but clearly not getting any,as you have to come on here and slate moz all the time,i just dont get you,no one gets you,does your mother ,father get you,are you lost little boy,let me help you,there is a short cliff near by.
morrissey is the greatest,no one can ever take that away from the true moz fans on here,not even sad little brummie girl,sorry boy.

Liar, Liar. Not only is badger boy the biggest bore in the history of the universe but a compulsive liar as well. How many posts have you bored us with since this manifesto of mediocrity? Oh no here comes another post. And a thousand badgers scream 'Shoot Me!' to avoid reading it.

Me too, but I didn't enjoy the trailer. I thought it was silly. I'm wasn't looking forward to the comments by the 'fans' either, but there's been enough already to draw a tentative conclusion.

This film exists.
It appears to be an entirely accurate portrayal of Morrissey in 2013 at the end of a long period of touring old material and a few insipid demos.
It will be interesting to see if this tour is reconvened with make-up shows for those cancelled or whether affected folk in North/ South America will just have to make do with a cinema screening.

I wouldn't go to see Morrissey again whilst he is still locked in this creative cul-de-sac. It would not be good value-for-money.

However, I would go to see him on a lecture tour to publicise his autobiography. If he really is the inheritor to Wilde (he's not) then this should surely be part of his next phase. It would be less strenuous than a full band tour and would probably be hugely profitable. He could get some Russell Brand / Jonathan Ross type clone to compere and M.C and deal with hecklers.

I guess the problem is in paying retainers to his band without a corporate record deal. They will, naturally, move on to other projects and might not be available if/when another corporate record contract that meets Morrissey's expectations is offered.

Morrissey often hint at retirement but I think he will be back. The question is whether his return is inspired by a new artistic vibrancy or cash-flow for a life of luxury. Or because he's actually just another Fame Whore like a moth to the flame. Whatever happens, I don't love him and he doesn't love me: that nonsense is 'inappropriate'. However, I have enjoyed purchasing his consumer products like CDs and concert tickets.

If he does retire, then he has every reason to be proud about much of his work, even if he could also usefully feel shame and embarassment about some of his wilder outbursts. But we've all done that stuff, some of us here, in this 'sanctuary' to his blessed name!

I've enjoyed contributing to this blog and really enjoyed the fact that others have not enjoyed my contribution! But it seems to me that there is nothing more to contribute to the discussion until a new chapter in Morrissey's soap-opera Dramas unfolds. Contrary to what many here have tried to insist, I am a great admirer of much of this man's work and have had enormous pleasure as a member of The Audience. The fact that he has revealed himself as a preposterous cult leader to his bizarre, dysfunctional hard-core fanatics is both slightly distrubing and disappointing. But it's also very amusing to debunk the whole nonsense. And I'm pleased he avoided suicide when he was vulnerable.

I'll return to lurking and LOL!-ing at The Cult Of Morrissey until a new iteration emerges (not another more-of-the-same tour). Oh, and don't bother with the snipes as I'll snap back at ya, bitchez! I have a feeling that now the new school year is beginning: "The Mentalist 3" will return to make fools of themselves all over again. Which will be fun to watch. It's been very pleasing not to have to put up with them whilst I concluded my deliberations. So, goodbye for now! And remember:

".. I'm, Not sorry for, For the things I've said
There's a wild man in my head, There's a wild man In my head.."

Thanks to all for 'playing the game'. I've enjoyed my wild-ma n 'meditations on Fame' with Moz as the subject to trigger my thoughts. But I'm bored now, too bored to go watch this film, too bored to go watch a show. Too bored to even comment anymore. It's time for me to go 'back to life, back to reality' and make some serious dosh. But he was right about his legacy:

"Let the heart rest
Lay back your head
You were good in your time
And we thank you......

Time takes all breath away
You were good in your time
And we thank you so, so..."

So, Morrissey. Goodbye. Or Farewell......

with every good wish and every possible blessing
yours, In Jubilo!

"BrummieBoy"

[J1983 June 2/3. Cannock Chase. Moseley....]

u been reading too much books brummieboy,haha,sadboy more like,seeking attention but clearly not getting any,as you have to come on here and slate moz all the time,i just dont get you,no one gets you,does your mother ,father get you,are you lost little boy,let me help you,there is a short cliff near by.
morrissey is the greatest,no one can ever take that away from the true moz fans on here,not even sad little brummie girl,sorry boy.

reading too much books: "there's more to life than books you know" What, your cult and it's silly 'fans'? LOL!

little boy,let me help you,there is a short cliff near by.: "young bones groan and the rocks below" I'd jump off a cliff rather than join The Cult of Morrissey, that's for sure!

not even sad little brummie girl,sorry boy. Oh, didn't I tell you I was transgender? How remiss of me. "I am not a man, I am not a woman"

"concerns were laid to rest before the band came on. Billed as "absurdist aerobics", the warm-up act – in the most literal sense – was a bare-chested fitness instructor-cum-interrogator of gender norms who attempted to get the crowd going with chants of "I am not a man" and "I am not a woman" over a pumping workout beat."

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/may/12/the-knife-roundhouse-london-review

with every good wish, yours, in jubilo!

- - - Updated - - -

You poor sod. You obviously need to get out more.

"you've been in the house too long......"

Sadly Jubilo boy stood at the edge of the cliff as the Gestapo ordered him to join the Cult of Morrissey. LOL! Tragically (for his mother) he jumped. LOL! Unfortunately (for the planet) he survived to write another post.LOL! The world won't whistle, Louder than thongs etc etc LOL!

with every toxically remissful solipsistic soggy biscuit, yours, in Coolio! DOUBLE LOL!

reading too much books: "there's more to life than books you know" What, your cult and it's silly 'fans'? LOL!

little boy,let me help you,there is a short cliff near by.: "young bones groan and the rocks below" I'd jump off a cliff rather than join The Cult of Morrissey, that's for sure!

not even sad little brummie girl,sorry boy. Oh, didn't I tell you I was transgender? How remiss of me. "I am not a man, I am not a woman"

"concerns were laid to rest before the band came on. Billed as "absurdist aerobics", the warm-up act – in the most literal sense – was a bare-chested fitness instructor-cum-interrogator of gender norms who attempted to get the crowd going with chants of "I am not a man" and "I am not a woman" over a pumping workout beat."

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/may/12/the-knife-roundhouse-london-review

with every good wish, yours, in jubilo!

- - - Updated - - -

"you've been in the house too long......"

The movie is such a tribute to Morrissey, in every way. He looks very good and is there emotionally.I loved every minute and believe me-it didn't last long enough. VIVA MOZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

god like genius,cant wait for the dvd,please please please...morrissey fans only : ))))

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom