Did you see Morrissey 25 at the cinema?

So how many farewells have there been over the last couple of weeks...? There have been so many I've lost count. He can't keep away, he craves an audience, he'll be back. There's only one person with delusions around here...

Part of me feels sorry for the poor sap.

The only funny thing is Barmy Boil thinks he's Mark Antony giving this Shakespearian farewell when in fact he's talking to an empty room with tumbleweed majestically drifting by. Even the cleaner is waiting outside chewing gum as he's scared for his safety. In the words of someone truly gifted with a pure comedic sensibility - the master Peter Cook...Goodbye Again.

Some interesting critical observations which I, sadly nowadays, largely concur with. However, to be scrupulously fair to Morrissey, which I always am: I remember him blowing a gasket at the first London Palladium show in 06(?) because the first few rows were full of corporates and media celebrities on guest lists, not 'authentic consumers'. It was very theatrical and really raised the tempo in an amusing way. Also, he could really cash-in and sell-out by doing all that VIP Gold Circle meet'n'greet nonsense like wot Prince did at the O2. Prince is really, really a prat of the highest order. I couldn't debunk The Cult Of Prince Nelson Rodgers without risking a coronary. At least Moz doesn't release endless less-than-demo jam sessions and expect everyone to take them seriously....oh, wait...."Kid's A Looker"!.......

As some realise, I am actually very sympathetic/empathetic to Morrissey and his capture/self-enslavement to cultic fame. So different from that cripplingly shy young boy who used to get the train down to Brum after seeing Patti Smith at the Odeon, thinking "what the fcuk is this place?....I thought London was the epicentre....I'm not in Kansas/Machester now.....I'm in Moselely...and I'm finally free" *wink*

I've seen Morrissey give some of his most inflammatory and genuinely abandoned performances "far from the madding crowd" in forlorn leisure centre type places in Llandudno and Doncaster. But, yes, he is increasingly just another face-time-attention-fame-whore, and those of us who genuinely care about him have thus staged a 'managed intervention' to re-focus him on the fact that he could just as easily been another Lawrence of Belgravia if "the secret society" hadn't given him the nod and elevated him from Covent Garden's Rock Garden. It was touch and go, there was some dissent as to whether he was 'the real deal' or another provincial poseur: "someone" gave the casting vote, without which he would never have got anywhere. He knows all this, and his insouciant arrogance ever since is not a good look. He can be taken down anytime time, and if he continues to be a "Trollitican" rather than a subversive cultural politician, the cruise missiles and drones are in the bunker and can be launced at any time. That wouldn't be 'my' decision, but that of the the hive mind of "the secret society" which really does control popular culture, not from any Illuminati conspiracy position, but from a vantage point of cultural elevation for the masses.

I look forward to viewing this DVD in my home cinema, without having to put up with casual punters munching popcorn or weeping and wailing and gnashing their teeth like they do from the Gods of arenas, squinting at a performer hundreds of yards away, too mean or clueless to even provide cinema-screen footage. Manchester. 2012. Read the comments: this film would have saved a lot of train fares/hotel costs.

I trust this is meaningful information to those who are pondering my/our presence on these boards.......not that I care about folk in Bel Air fuming and ranting with a proxy disguise......LOLOLOLOL!

With every good wish
Yours, in jubilo!

Having superfans is a key performance indicator at record companies. How was he to show off his superfans when they stood behind the record company people?

I bet there was at least one Hollywood actress or actor, football player, musician or somebody like James Maker, Linder Sterling or Jake Walters at those smaller concerts that you mention.

I don't think his concerts would improve in any way if he didn't just play the frink monkey but went to sing from a balcony or did the rounds. He'd be torn into pieces given the dynamics of his concerts. They could be improved otherwise, but I am far from giving career advice to anybody who had had his chances and whom I have no desire to give another chance personally. His three chances are up as far as I am personally concerned. I helped him sell his record when journalists picked a few things up that I had wrongly written when I still was clueless what he was really about and I got nothing but abuse from him and his fans in return. Won't happen again.

What about those people who have seen shows both in large metropolitan cities and in places that could be described as the middle of nowhere, and have enjoyed the latter just as much, if not more, than the big city shows? Are they lying or just wrong?

If it's your assertion that the only time any effort is made is when he's performing in front of his celebrity pals and that this effect is amplified even more by the presence of cameras, then surely this film contains the man at his best? If the man at his best isn't good enough for you then maybe just don't bother watching.

And can somebody please explain to me how exactly he favours the front row? Is it the handshakes and the eye contact? Should he wade into the crowd and shake everybody's hand one by one? Does the sound not travel past the first couple of rows? The experience of being on the barrier makes for a more intimate feel to the show, if for no other reason than actual physical proximity. If you want to be at the barrier, arrive early and queue all day. Then maybe you'll get the show you want. Or don't bother.

I didn't say those concerts were in the middle of nowhere, did I? Interesting that you call places other than London, New York and Los Angeles middle of nowhere.

You anwered your own question, you stood front row.

And you know what? I don't need anybody like you to tell me what to do or not. Just like Morrissey doesn't need any of his fans to give him career advice. He has been in the business for 30 years and knows whom he wants at his concerts and whom not. He has made that very clear. And the journalists who wrote the reviews on his concert film have assisted him in doing so. So what's the problem for you guys? I just replied to Brummyboy when I saw that he had overlooked something. The people who think they can profile themselves by distinguishing themselves from others are riduculous when they say that Morrissey is perfect and then go on to say that he is a tragic figure who should, needs and must do this and that. Pay attention to it, every one of you has come up with such a post. And if not that then you have stated that you love to eat meat. Does nobody notice that there is an irony on looking down on people who live with their mothers when Morrissey has done so for so long? I bet there are efforts in the UK and elsewhere to set up "generational homes" where people of different generations live together, which would be all right seemingly as long as those people are not related to each other?

A wonderful thread, so many happy people who have had soda and popcorn and a great night out at the cinema, unlike all us moaning gits saying Morrissey is capable of so much more....

I'm taking a break from here until Moz does something worth having an emotional reaction to, other than annoyance and frustration. I actually really love most of his stuff, I just find some of the 'fame' tropes a bit of a nonsense. I feel exactly the same way about Cohen and McCartney, I just chose Moz at random as a focus for my thoughts. I'm sure he sees the humour in some of it.

So, it's been a great laugh for a few weeks, but there are other sites in need of my T.L.C. I'll be back. Well, probably, although you never know with that two-ton truck stuff.

Everyone have fun, mope around in The List and help yourselves and Morrissey keep the delusions of fame aflame.

With every good wish, yours in Jubilo

BB

"BrummieBoy has left the building......."

I think I may join you BB the lack of statements from the chosen one has left me empty and bored, I'll keep one eye on it but if you don't here from me you'll probably never here from me again or I my be found in a ditch due to the wheel falling off the covered wagon or some bollocks etc etc .

Please post a statement Master the congregation is at a loss with life and its path.

Benny-the-Butcher

See ya. Wouldn't wanna be ya.

oh dear! so you didn't manage to figure out how to put me on 'Ignore'? Or you were just talking bollocks? Given the quality of your posts, it's probably a mixture of stupidity and fibbing. Don't worry, darling! It would take a 1000 cycle of reincarnations for you to evolve to my elevated level in the cosmos. Stick with being a cat. I like cats, even nasty, bitch cats. Miaow! Purr!:lbf:

So how many farewells have there been over the last couple of weeks...? There have been so many I've lost count. He can't keep away, he craves an audience, he'll be back. There's only one person with delusions around here...

*sigh* Wotz up pussyprat?

"This is the last post I will ever make [applause!] oh, no, I've changed my mind, innit. Whatevs. Here's "Kid's A Looker". Again!"

You *could* ask around for help on how to put me on Ignore like you claimed you would. Or, y'know, find someone else to hang on to to try and raise your profile here.

- - - Updated - - -

Which part? Your brain? Or your claws? Not that I care. Go maul some bird for lunch. Or have a nice long feline sleep: forever.

- - - Updated - - -

The only funny thing is Barmy Boil thinks he's Mark Antony giving this Shakespearian farewell when in fact he's talking to an empty room with tumbleweed majestically drifting by. Even the cleaner is waiting outside chewing gum as he's scared for his safety. In the words of someone truly gifted with a pure comedic sensibility - the master Peter Cook...Goodbye Again.

It's not an empty room, Playcat2000 and you can't keep away! I'm better than Shakespeare, dear. Not here, but elsewhere. Let's see if your 'empty room' scenario arises or if another bunch of prats try to hollaback. Beeatch. #AnonymousEpicFAIL!

Having superfans is a key performance indicator at record companies. How was he to show off his superfans when they stood behind the record company people?

I bet there was at least one Hollywood actress or actor, football player, musician or somebody like James Maker, Linder Sterling or Jake Walters at those smaller concerts that you mention.

I don't think his concerts would improve in any way if he didn't just play the frink monkey but went to sing from a balcony or did the rounds. He'd be torn into pieces given the dynamics of his concerts. They could be improved otherwise, but I am far from giving career advice to anybody who had had his chances and whom I have no desire to give another chance personally. His three chances are up as far as I am personally concerned. I helped him sell his record when journalists picked a few things up that I had wrongly written when I still was clueless what he was really about and I got nothing but abuse from him and his fans in return. Won't happen again.

I didn't say those concerts were in the middle of nowhere, did I? Interesting that you call places other than London, New York and Los Angeles middle of nowhere.

And you know what? I don't need anybody like you to tell me what to do or not. Just like Morrissey doesn't need any of his fans to give him career advice. He has been in the business for 30 years and knows whom he wants at his concerts and whom not. He has made that very clear. And the journalists who wrote the reviews on his concert film have assisted him in doing so. So what's the problem for you guys? I just replied to Brummyboy when I saw that he had overlooked something. The people who think they can profile themselves by distinguishing themselves from others are riduculous when they say that Morrissey is perfect and then go on to say that he is a tragic figure who should, needs and must do this and that. Pay attention to it, every one of you has come up with such a post. And if not that then you have stated that you love to eat meat. Does nobody notice that there is an irony on looking down on people who live with their mothers when Morrissey has done so for so long? I bet there are efforts in the UK and elsewhere to set up "generational homes" where people of different generations live together, which would be all right seemingly as long as those people are not related to each other?

Some interesting observations. I think record companies look at sales, not superfans, other than as niche-boutique cult, which is what Moz now appears to be, like Marc Almond. Nothing wrong with that, I like Marc Almond, but not his fans.

If Moz is happy being a 'frink monkey' on stage then that's fine, but it's hardly radical art. He's also entitled to ignore advice from here, there and every fcukin where. What he's not entitled to do is get a free pass for parlaying some of the most trite, banal hackneyed 'fame' memes as if his precious co-dependency with his 'superfans' absolves this of any analysis. It doesn't. I love his shows. I get pissed, go down the front and try to forget reality for 75 minutes. Doesn't work like it did in the 70s with Bolan, Bowie and Ozzie, but it's still a laff, and then it's off to the curry house for an argument about which ingredients are veggie/vegan. And a few lagers. And a piss-take chat with mt8's about the whole Moz fan/ Pop Idol nonsense. I couldn't care less if Morrissey re-releases "Kid's A Looker" 70 times in a row, or his fans stage protests outside record companies demanding a lavish marketing and advertising budget. It's all just more of the late-phase cutting edge Moz as Comedic innovator thing.

regards. BB

oh dear! so you didn't manage to figure out how to put me on 'Ignore'? Or you were just talking bollocks? Given the quality of your posts, it's probably a mixture of stupidity and fibbing. Don't worry, darling! It would take a 1000 cycle of reincarnations for you to evolve to my elevated level in the cosmos. Stick with being a cat. I like cats, even nasty, bitch cats. Miaow! Purr!:lbf:

Talk about stupidity and fibbing. You’ve been fibbing about leaving but keep coming back! Liar.

"This is the last post I will ever make [applause!] oh, no, I've changed my mind, innit. Whatevs. Here's "Kid's A Looker". Again!"

You *could* ask around for help on how to put me on Ignore like you claimed you would. Or, y'know, find someone else to hang on to to try and raise your profile here.

- - - Updated - - -

Which part? Your brain? Or your claws? Not that I care. Go maul some bird for lunch. Or have a nice long feline sleep: forever.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not an empty room, Playcat2000 and you can't keep away! I'm better than Shakespeare, dear. Not here, but elsewhere. Let's see if your 'empty room' scenario arises or if another bunch of prats try to hollaback. Beeatch. #AnonymousEpicFAIL!

I'm not the one promising to leave and keeps trolling on. Your such a headcase.

- - - Updated - - -

Which part? Your brain? Or your claws? Not that I care. Go maul some bird for lunch. Or have a nice long feline sleep: forever.- - - Updated - - -

I didn’t post this, Dipshit. Anonymous did. So take your retort and shove it up your fat ass. And yes, in my next catnap I hope I dream about mauling your stupid face off.

Yeah, that would have been interesting if i'd said that (no it wouldn't), but i didn't say that. There are places i've seen him perform that could essily be described as towns that they forgot to close down. That doesn't mean every place outside those three cities you mentioned falls under that category. Nice try though.

I've seen shows from the front row to the back row, from the balcony and from the bar. I can count on one hand those that i wasn't particularly impressed by.

And you know what? I don't need anybody like you to tell me what to do or not.

People like me, eh? What defines people like me?

[/B]

I didn’t post this, Dipshit. Anonymous did. So take your retort and shove it up your fat ass. And yes, in my next catnap I hope I dream about mauling your stupid face off.

My secretary is not really 'up to speed', I might have to 'let her go', 'going forward'. I dictate this from my chaise longue and it gets to your feline eyes via my data input team, usually my secretary, though sometimes we have a scantily clad intern or two. Do you type? You're trolling me [badly] by snapchat back at me! I invited you to the "off-topic fight thread" in The Pigsty but you didn't turn up. Do you need a map? Please don't respond here, keep on topic, you naughty little kitten!

Anyroads, someone was telling me today how much they enjoyed the film and that if they closed their eyes they could pretend they were a a seated gig: for a while. I said, "oh, an eye mask like on a plane? you didn't need earplugs, too?" They were pissed and growled at me for losing my faith in St Moz, patron saint of lost teenagers and middle-aged Boomer wrecks.

best. bb

Talk about stupidity and fibbing. You’ve been fibbing about leaving but keep coming back! Liar.

What was your favourite part of Live: 25, other than the end, of course. Did you make it all the way through? Did you have salty or sweet popcorn? Is it a bitter-sweet film or is it really corny? Like when the faithful tell The Great Leader how grateful they are he bothers to carry on living and earning a million or so at every place he can haul his arse to around the world. I'm not fibbing! Look, I've gone, but this site is monitored by my media team, and any and all disses will be dealt with, especially from 'off-topic' kitty-cats who think they're roaring lions.

Please, keep on topic. Oh, and did you have a drink of Kia-Ora? Or did you smuggle in a hip flash of Grey Goose and a plastic tumbler so you could elegantly sip it and pretend you're just like Moz, but not famous or intelligent. Actually, he's not famous or intelligent either, or not much nowadays. Won't it be great if Boz comes up with another 2 Clash riffs like FOTGTD and IBEH? I can just hear Joe Strummer groaning and turning in his grave, God bless him! I loved The Clash when I was sixteen, they had such sexy skinhead followers, gorgeous gigs. Were there any gorgeous skinheads in the film? Did they have nail varnish on? Moz will be a skinhead soon, now that quiff-bonce is falling off. At least he's easing back on the Grecian 2000. Is his hair dyed in the film? Or au natureul? Please, keep on topic and tell me how important the cinema viewing was in your life.

best. bb

I'm not the one promising to leave and keeps trolling on. Your such a headcase.

I'm not trolling! Don't be horrid. I'm just trying to make sense of life, here in Mom's Basement. My friend who shut his eyes to pretend it was a real gig also said that it was a very professionally filmed gig, a 'warts and all, fly on the wall' and that only a nasty beeatch would focus on the Cult casualties at the front, rather than on the oceanic joy radiating from the stage. Do you agree. I am a headcase. Srsly! I am officially one, my psychiatrist resigned cuz he got fed up with me being a smart-arse and trolling him with re-worked Woody Allen jokes. The new one is taking ages to be appointed. Till then, I only can see locums and their not really capable of understanding my complex, unfathomable dramas. Until I see the new one, and pretend I'm sane again, I can't get travel insurance or insurance for business projects, so, as I say, I'm trapped here in Mom's Basement, waiting to decide if I should spend my meagre disability allowance on the DVD of "Live: 25", or wait and hope that Santa brings it. Mind you, with some of my relatives, they might get me the George Michael souvenir. He also had a Live25 thingy. Did you see it, pussycat? Should we compare the two films? Did George Micheal inspire Morrissey? Probably.

I'm not trolling! Don't be horrid. I'm just trying to make sense of life, here in Mom's Basement. My friend who shut his eyes to pretend it was a real gig also said that it was a very professionally filmed gig, a 'warts and all, fly on the wall' and that only a nasty beeatch would focus on the Cult casualties at the front, rather than on the oceanic joy radiating from the stage. Do you agree. I am a headcase. Srsly! I am officially one, my psychiatrist resigned cuz he got fed up with me being a smart-arse and trolling him with re-worked Woody Allen jokes. The new one is taking ages to be appointed. Till then, I only can see locums and their not really capable of understanding my complex, unfathomable dramas. Until I see the new one, and pretend I'm sane again, I can't get travel insurance or insurance for business projects, so, as I say, I'm trapped here in Mom's Basement, waiting to decide if I should spend my meagre disability allowance on the DVD of "Live: 25", or wait and hope that Santa brings it. Mind you, with some of my relatives, they might get me the George Michael souvenir. He also had a Live25 thingy. Did you see it, pussycat? Should we compare the two films? Did George Micheal inspire Morrissey? Probably.

Yeah, yeah. Go take your medication now, Schizoid.

Back again? Does this mean we'll get yet another unconvincing 'farewell' post too....?

Yeah, yeah. Go take your medication now, Schizoid.

You're nifty with the bold type, why not try BOLD AND CAPS!

I don't take any medication, as my ADHD is now under control from meditation (though I like to have fun here pretending otherwise). You're OFF TOPIC!

It's a shame Live:25 didn't feature SISMS, as it would make your stupid comment even more priceless. 'Moz cult casualty in Mentalist slur' And you're a cat too, so we have reverse-speciesism. I've seen those LOL-cats typing on meme sites, but you're a real tiger, ain't ya? Now, back on topic, don't reply to me, put me on ignore, or a swarm of moderators may descend upon your pitiful profile and inject you with infractions.

Always remember that I love you! And thank you for living!

Back again? Does this mean we'll get yet another unconvincing 'farewell' post too....?

"How can they read these words, and still they won't believe me! One day, 'goodbye' will be 'farewell', and you will never read the one you love again, Oh, look at me! a silly old troll, and when I die I want to go the hell, or to a luxury Lima Hotel!

Oh, Loperamide, Immodium
Something is squeezing my sphincter
There is no toilet paper for this shite.
Oh, no more, you said you would not give me more
penne! penne! penne! penne! La! La!
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone!"

and the clueless consumers keep buying concert tickets, oh well, it's dark in the daytime as I ring my concierge doctor and write a new song about Jamie Horrible breaking into the palace. "

(swirls microphone, hits himself on head with it, audience LOLs, he storms off in a hissy fit)

best.bb

You're nifty with the bold type, why not try BOLD AND CAPS!

I don't take any medication, as my ADHD is now under control from meditation (though I like to have fun here pretending otherwise). You're OFF TOPIC!

It's a shame Live:25 didn't feature SISMS, as it would make your stupid comment even more priceless. 'Moz cult casualty in Mentalist slur' And you're a cat too, so we have reverse-speciesism. I've seen those LOL-cats typing on meme sites, but you're a real tiger, ain't ya? Now, back on topic, don't reply to me, put me on ignore, or a swarm of moderators may descend upon your pitiful profile and inject you with infractions.

Always remember that I love you! And thank you for living!

Umm, the meditation apparently isn’t working because your delusions of grandeur and perpetual psychobabble are still evident. You need to get on some type of medication as you are obviously schizophrenic.

"How can they read these words, and still they won't believe me! One day, 'goodbye' will be 'farewell', and you will never read the one you love again, Oh, look at me! a silly old troll, and when I die I want to go the hell, or to a luxury Lima Hotel!

Oh, Loperamide, Immodium
Something is squeezing my sphincter
There is no toilet paper for this shite.
Oh, no more, you said you would not give me more
penne! penne! penne! penne! La! La!
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone!"

and the clueless consumers keep buying concert tickets, oh well, it's dark in the daytime as I ring my concierge doctor and write a new song about Jamie Horrible breaking into the palace. "

(swirls microphone, hits himself on head with it, audience LOLs, he storms off in a hissy fit)

best.bb

Loperamide,
Dicycloverine Hydrochloride,
Simeticone,
Peppermint oil,
Hyoscine Butylbromide,
How long must I stay on this stuff ?

Don't wanna shit anymore, don't shit anymore, don't shit anymore, shit anymore, shit anymore, shit anymore, shit anymore ! !

You swore ! You swore ! You swore I wouldn't shit anymore.

Benny-the-Butcher

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom