Did you see Morrissey 25 at the cinema?

I'm pretty sure i wasn't imagining things when i saw my name written down on a piece of paper alongside other people's names. You know, a list? I don't know if it happens at every show but saying it doesn't exist is just wrong. I don't know why it bothers people.

Saw it in Revere, MA last night. Only about 12 people (including one very elderly couple!) in the theater so can't really judge how it went over. I loved it and felt it represented the tone and quality of the shows I saw on this tour. I agree with CrystalGeezer about the quick cuts, though I either got used to them or they slowed down a bit through the end of the movie. I also was annoyed by the focus-in focus-out but again, got used to that too. The fast cuts were problematic in that I knew what I was missing at parts, like Moz grandstanding during a lyric-break, and wanted to see that instead.

The pre-show footage was good. Awesome to see Staples Center since we were there...kicking ourselves now about Hollywood High but it looked like everyone who got in loved it.

Love the false start on You Have Killed Me. Speedway. Please Please. It really felt like I was back in the front row. Great to see familiar faces from shows...like the guy Liam always pulls up during the last song of the shows we've seen...at it again. We cheered for him when he made it.

Up next Concord, NH, Arlington, MA and Harvard Square!

Anyone else notice at the end of the credits, bottom of the black screen "(c) 2013 Whores in Retirement". We laughed our asses off.

I feel so much better that I went and got a life.

The mention of the List made me shudder a bit inside. I remember those days, ahhh, too well.

Now, it is not longer the center of the universe. Nor is Moz. I'm in graduate school now, lots of schoolwork and a promising career in front of me. Things that would have been UNIMAGINABLE in my days of Moz-fandom, broken dreams, no money, family and spouse deserting me.

Haven't been on morrissey-solo in a while. Maybe 6 times a year, now.

Jesus Christ. Glad I saw the light. But you know what? I won't ever forget the kindness of Boz and his chats, and I will always hear Moz's voice in my head, and of course, think of him kindly.
:)

Yes, London screening at Curzon Soho there was laughter as well.

Canned laughter :rofl: Oh Morrissey what are you like ? 'Whores in retirement' I just can't stop larffing my 'ass' off :laughing:

How about writing some decent songs jackass and leave the comedy to Jack Dee and co ?

we'll let you know

I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, but the DVD setlist differs from the original setlist. "To Give" has been dropped and "Action" moved up. Copyright issues?

Original setlist:

01 Alma Matters
02 Ouija Board, Ouija Board
03 Irish Blood, English Heart
04 You Have Killed Me
05 November Spawned a Monster
06 Maladjusted
07 You're the One for Me, Fatty
08 Still Ill
09 People Are the Same Everywhere
10 Speedway
11 That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
12 Meat Is Murder
13 Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
14 To Give (The Reason I Live)
15 Everyday Is Like Sunday
16 I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
17 Action Is My Middle Name
18 Let Me Kiss You
Encore:
19 The Boy With the Thorn in His Side

DVD setlist:

01-13 the same
14 Action Is My Middle Name
17 Let Me Kiss You
Encore:
18 The Boy With The Thorn In His Side

Last edited:
Just finished watching who put the m in manchester( again). It makes me even more convinced that the recent criticism of morrissey and his current band is totally unjustified. In my opinion morrissey25 is far superior in every way compared to who put the m in manchester. In morrissey25 the setlist is better, the band is better, and morrissey's voice is better. I know a lot of people will disagree with this but watch both concerts one after the other and it is clear he is even better now than he was 9 years ago.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, but the DVD setlist differs from the original setlist. "To Give" has been dropped and "Action" moved up. Copyright issues?

Original setlist:

01 Alma Matters
02 Ouija Board, Ouija Board
03 Irish Blood, English Heart
04 You Have Killed Me
05 November Spawned a Monster
06 Maladjusted
07 You're the One for Me, Fatty
08 Still Ill
09 People Are the Same Everywhere
10 Speedway
11 That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
12 Meat Is Murder
13 Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
14 To Give (The Reason I Live)
17 Action Is My Middle Name
18 Let Me Kiss You
Encore:
19 The Boy With the Thorn in His Side

DVD setlist:

01-13 the same
14 Action Is My Middle Name
17 Let Me Kiss You
Encore:
18 The Boy With The Thorn In His Side

To give and Please were in the movie. I know because I shamefully got up to pee during To Give. :p And Please had me in tears.

To give and Please were in the movie. I know because I shamefully got up to pee during To Give. :p And Please had me in tears.

You sure? "To Give" is not on my recording (yes, I did!). "Please Please" is there, however, 13th song.

Am I living in some sort of parallel universe? I'm frightened...

You sure? "To Give" is not on my recording (yes, I did!). "Please Please" is there, however, 13th song.

Am I living in some sort of parallel universe? I'm frightened...

Wait....maybe I peed during Action. I could've sworn it was during To Give. :squiffy: I'm going to catch the movie again on Thursday, I'll double check. I'll also not slam a huge beer before going in. :D

I went back and sorted through my recording."To Give" was played....whew, I feel much better now. However, the song sequence is different for some reason:

original concert:
11 That Joke
12 Meat
13 Please
14 To Give
15 Everyday
16 Paris
17 Action
18 Let Me Kiss You

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/morrissey/2013/hollywood-high-school-los-angeles-ca-3bdb7cb0.html

Confirmed here on the post-show thread (although he omitted "Paris" from his list)

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...-Hollywood-High-School-(Mar-2-2013)-post-show

alma matters
ouija
irish blood
you have killed moi
novembers wretched monsters
maldajusted
youre the one for me fatty
still ill
people are the same in hollywood
speedway (asleep)
kimmel isnt funny anymore
meat is murder
please please
to give
everyday is sunday school
action is my middle name
let me kiss you
the boy with morrissey by his side

movie:
11 That Joke
12 To Give
13 Meat
14 Please
15 Action
16 Everyday
17 Paris
18 Let Me Kiss You

i saw it was showing here in Pasadena at the iPic cinemas. this is a deluxe theater where the seats are recliners, with blankets, pillows, and free popcorn. tickets were $29 a pop, and i just didn't feel like paying That much to see a show i attended in person already projected on a big screen. i'd rather pay half that and just buy the dvd when it comes out.

A wonderful thread, so many happy people who have had soda and popcorn and a great night out at the cinema, unlike all us moaning gits saying Morrissey is capable of so much more....

I'm taking a break from here until Moz does something worth having an emotional reaction to, other than annoyance and frustration. I actually really love most of his stuff, I just find some of the 'fame' tropes a bit of a nonsense. I feel exactly the same way about Cohen and McCartney, I just chose Moz at random as a focus for my thoughts. I'm sure he sees the humour in some of it.

So, it's been a great laugh for a few weeks, but there are other sites in need of my T.L.C. I'll be back. Well, probably, although you never know with that two-ton truck stuff.

Everyone have fun, mope around in The List and help yourselves and Morrissey keep the delusions of fame aflame.

With every good wish, yours in Jubilo

BB

"BrummieBoy has left the building......."

A wonderful thread, so many happy people who have had soda and popcorn and a great night out at the cinema, unlike all us moaning gits saying Morrissey is capable of so much more....

I'm taking a break from here until Moz does something worth having an emotional reaction to, other than annoyance and frustration. I actually really love most of his stuff, I just find some of the 'fame' tropes a bit of a nonsense. I feel exactly the same way about Cohen and McCartney, I just chose Moz at random as a focus for my thoughts. I'm sure he sees the humour in some of it.

So, it's been a great laugh for a few weeks, but there are other sites in need of my T.L.C. I'll be back. Well, probably, although you never know with that two-ton truck stuff.

Everyone have fun, mope around in The List and help yourselves and Morrissey keep the delusions of fame aflame.

BB

[I]"BrummieBoy has left the building......." [/I]

See ya. Wouldn't wanna be ya.

BB

"BrummieBoy has left the building......."

So how many farewells have there been over the last couple of weeks...? There have been so many I've lost count. He can't keep away, he craves an audience, he'll be back. There's only one person with delusions around here...

Back
Top Bottom