Did You Know...?

iamkali

That when you go to vote, you are not allowed to wear a politically favored t-shirt- like, you can't go in wearing an Obama 08' -t-shirt. Maybe it protects the voters from fighting about who's going to be President? Bad blood? I've never heard anything like it. But it was on "Meet The Press" or some other politically based show.

That when you go to vote, you are not allowed to wear a politically favored t-shirt- like, you can't go in wearing an Obama 08' -t-shirt. Maybe it protects the voters from fighting about who's going to be President? Bad blood? I've never heard anything like it. But it was on "Meet The Press" or some other politically based show.

What would happen to you then if you wore one?

some woman in New Mexico a week or two ago bound to a wheel chair was stopped from voting because she had an Obama 08 t-shirt on..I can't seem to find the article..

They would probably taser you. The setting they used would depend on which candidate you were endorsing.

I would have thought that the day of voting in an election would be the most appropiate day to wear a political t-shirt :rolleyes:

I think its called "electioneering". No political banners, signs, what not within so many feet (100, 400 or something, I forget) of the poling place.

The poling place is supposed to be a "neutral" area.

California law:

• ELECTIONS CODE SECTION 18370-18371

18370. No person, on election day, or at any time that a voter may
be casting a ballot, shall, within 100 feet of a polling place or an
elections official's office:
(a) Circulate an initiative, referendum, recall, or nomination
petition or any other petition.
(b) Solicit a vote or speak to a voter on the subject of marking
his or her ballot.
(c) Place a sign relating to voters' qualifications or speak to a
voter on the subject of his or her qualifications except as provided
in Section 14240.
(d) Do any electioneering.
As used in this section, "100 feet of a polling place or an
elections official's office" means a distance 100 feet from the room
or rooms in which voters are signing the roster and casting ballots.

Any person who violates any of the provisions of this section is
guilty of a misdemeanor.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/electioneering.asp

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom