Did you know that...

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
The Smiths could have been called The Walking Wounded? New one on me too. Check the front page soon.

Peter

:eek:
Very interesting. Usually accounts just have 'The Smith Family,' 'The Smiths,' and 'Smithdom' on the card, if I'm not mistaken. Not exactly the most inspiring names :blushing:
I recall in one or another of the fanbooks that one of the names that Mozzer had come up with for bands that he thought he'd never form was 'Angels Are Genderless.' Always thought that was pretty good :D

I love hearing him talk about the first meeting. I could listen to stories of it over and over again :o
That's what should get Moz and Marr back together for an interview. I know we've heard it countless times, but to have both of them in the room, witnessing each other's reactions as they tell the tale together :sweet: It would be PERFECT :love:

I think The Walking Wounded could have worked alright, but I'm glad they were The Smiths. It's a very "definitive" sort of name. Brooks no arguments.

....A long time back, I was reading the Book "Beyond Belief" ( Sorry, forgive me, I forget the Authors name) about the "Moors" Murders, which ( as we know..) clearly inspired some of Morrisseys early writing.
In one of the chapters, the people who rang the police to inform on Hindley and Brady were named "The Smiths"....It jumped out from the page at me, and I saw a "connection"....I would really like to ask Morrissey if that is where the name came from.....
Just off to "Google" the Authors name....back ( hopefully) with an "Edit" soon.....

EDIT:- Emlyn Williams. Fantastically well written book. Perhaps a Bit "Harrowing" if you've never read this true account before, but recommended anyway....

Last edited:
....A long time back, I was reading the Book "Beyond Belief" ( Sorry, forgive me, I forget the Authors name) about the "Moors" Murders, which ( as we know..) clearly inspired some of Morrisseys early writing.
In one of the chapters, the people who rang the police to inform on Hindley and Brady were named "The Smiths"....It jumped out from the page at me, and I saw a "connection"....I would really like to ask Morrissey if that is where the name came from.....
Just off to "Google" the Authors name....back ( hopefully) with an "Edit" soon.....

EDIT:- Emlyn Williams. Fantastically well written book. Perhaps a Bit "Harrowing" if you've never read this true account before, but recommended anyway....

This has been speculated before.

Was it 1982 that Johnny went knocking on Morrissey's door ? And I don't believe Morrissey answered the door, I bet it was his Mum.

I'm very busy to watch the videos now, but I do prefer Smiths instead all other names. They sound Strange.

---
I know that when Oscar Wilde came out from the prision, his works had an agent called something-Smith (I do not remember the first name). I've read it on biography in the end of The Picture o Dorian Gray. Maybe it had influenced Morrissey when he and Marr have chosen the band's name

Back
Top Bottom