Did you ever meet your idol, and he was rude to you

I haven't met anyone but I am a fan of some peculiar fellows and it could probably happen... I mean, it's not justifiable, but not everyone is cut out to be the perfect pop star that knows how to pose, wave and say "buy my next album" 300 times a day. I think it could happen.
Those brothers are very unstable though, so it's predictable!

Yes :mad:
I met Nigel Clough (I had his posters all over my wall as a teen) a couple of years ago at accrington stanley, just as second half was about to kick off I asked for his autograph...his reply 'I am working' :swear::boxing:

Stanley won though :lbf:

I met Holly Johnson once at a Marc Almond gig. He was a bit rude but I was incredibly drunk so maybe I misjudged the whole situation.

I met a few famous people. None were really rude to me. I have to admit, Robert Smith was very pleasant.

My sister got given the evil eye by Louie Walsh once, that's all. He's hardly her hero though. It was still pretty funny...

This kid I went to school with, he asked Bruce Forsythe for his autograph at a golf tournament only to be told 'f*** off you little wanker.'

It is almost always disappointing to meet your personal pantheon. Word around here is that Kristin Hersh (Throwing Muses) is now doing living-room concerts, but my circle of friends has decided not to do one, just for the sheer fact of knowing it's often a mistake to meet your idols.

I actually hope never to meet Morrissey; just being front row at some of the gigs has already disillusioned me about some things.

That said, I met Siouxsie once in like 1989 or 1990, and she was lovely. And so was Budgie. They were very kind.

--jeniphir

it has not happened to me, but few oasis fans have met liam and noel, and they were horrid.....

Horrid? In what way? I met Noel twice and Liam once and they were nothing but lovely.

I actually hope never to meet Morrissey; just being front row at some of the gigs has already disillusioned me about some things.
I know what you mean.

what an awful thing to happen :squiffy:
But never happened to me. Never met Morrissey or Johnny. Only met David Byrne and Ian Anderson, and both were super nice. Both took the time to chat, but David for quite a while. :thumb:

Last edited:
Don Mattingly is a gracious fellow.

I met Diamanda Galas a few yrs ago and she was beyond awesome... total GODDESS... I accidentally snuck into a VIP party after a concert and was allowed to stay, she then proceeded to tell me I was cute and loved my RL name <3... also joked about my braces at the time and told me I should pull them out with pliers ... what was great about all this is that I was tweaking balls, completely wasted and unable to perform like a normal human being :p.. yet she acted like I was perfectly ok, while others there were looking at me like WTF!! :lbf:
Good Times <3

Tags
scarletjealousy tags are droll
Back
Top Bottom