Did Oscar Wilde really know who Jack The Ripper was?

Z

Zodiac

Oscar Wilde showed England how to have the last word. From the grave, Oscar Wilde shed light on England’s theater, popular writers, and even the hypocritical homosexuals of Queen Victoria's court--as well as on the mysterious Cleveland Street Scandal and the motive and identity of Jack the Ripper himself.

> Oscar Wilde showed England how to have the last word. From the grave,
> Oscar Wilde shed light on England’s theater, popular writers, and even the
> hypocritical homosexuals of Queen Victoria's court--as well as on the
> mysterious Cleveland Street Scandal and the motive and identity of Jack
> the Ripper himself.

did he do this by seance?

What the Hell are you on about? There is no connection between JTR and OW.

Re: From a Ripper obsessive

such as myself, that's pretty unlikely (as amazing as the old queen was).
I've read almost everything about the case, except that stupid book by Patricia Cornwell; 'case closed' my arse. It's apparent that the police weren't as daft as everyone thinks. As nice as the 'royal theory' is (and as fit as Johnny Depp looks in 'From Hell') the details of the theory and the film are all wrong; for instance, Inspector Abberline wasn't as involved as some theorists like to think. In fact, Martin Fido probably comes closest to the truth when he says that the Ripper was caught and incarcerated in an asylum; the police didn't speculate on his true identity for fear of an anti-semitic backlash. Times don't really change, do they? A few lunatics can condemn an entire community.
Anyways, to other Ripper enthusiasts, check out this website: www.casebook.org/
Yet, the Wilde theory is intriguing. Whose to say Oscar wasn't the Ripper? Put that in your pipe and smoke it Cornwell.

Back
Top Bottom