Did anyone watch the Russell Brand show last night?

Tbevie

Girl afraid
It’s completely different from other talk shows like Jonathan Ross and Parkinson.

I don’t know if it was just because it was the first show but the whole thing seemed very unrehearsed and there didn’t seem to be any structure, it seemed to be rushed at times.

The guests being interview and the guests who are performing both have to sit in the audience, which is something I don’t think Moz will be to comfortable with.

I got the impression that Moz will only be performing, although Amy Winehouse, who performed on last nights show, had a little chat with Russell after her performance, and with Russell being such a big fan of Moz I’m sure he’d like to have a little chat with him too.

Having watched it I’m puzzled to why Moz has agreed to appear on it. But I suppose we can’t complain at least he’s going to be performing on TV and promoting the new single.

Does any one else have any opinions?

I thought it was a bit ramshackle but Russell kept it going with his charm.

I agree I think Morrissey might feel a bit uncomfortable with the format of the show. It's not a show where he can keep himself to himself, then just sing and go home.

He probably didn't know what the show was going to be like when he signed up for it though!

Well he will be most welcome to sit next to me next week.
I shall save the seat next to me especially for him :)

The Goat

I thought it was a bit ramshackle but Russell kept it going with his charm.

I agree I think Morrissey might feel a bit uncomfortable with the format of the show. It's not a show where he can keep himself to himself, then just sing and go home.

He probably didn't know what the show was going to be like when he signed up for it though!

Yeah you're right, with this being this first show he hasn’t had the opportunity to watch it before agreeing to anything. But I thought that someone would have at least run him through the format, but I suppose, as I mentioned above, there doesn’t really seem to be one.

Well he will be most welcome to sit next to me next week.
I shall save the seat next to me especially for him :)

The Goat

What, are you going to be there? Tsk, you might have mentioned it.

What, are you going to be there? Tsk, you might have mentioned it.

Grim, I went for a crap yesterday but didn't tell you that either! :D

I must have told you? - and have posted it on here at least 5 times! Do you want me to sneak you in my bag?
I applied for four tickets but was unsuccessful, however, Kewpie came up with a spare ticket to save the day. Morrissey better turn up, just stumped up 50 odd quid on a train ticket!

The Goat

Thought it was shambolic but am hoping that it wasn't watched by Moz or his 'fixers' because if they had any sense, they'd pull out. Obviously having a ticket, am praying he goes ahead with it. What did people make of the performance space? Looked tiny. Who will he bring along?

Morrissey obviously knows what a massive fan Russell Brand is, I reckon he's just agreed to go on cos it pushes his vanity button (and good on him).

ANYWAY. My house is very excited about next Friday. Apart from the girl who likes The Zutons and that der-der-der-der-der-der-der-der-der-der-der-der-der song, who has arranged to be out next Friday night to miss the Clove/Moz-related festivities :rolleyes:

Grim, I went for a crap yesterday but didn't tell you that either! :D

I must have told you? - and have posted it on here at least 5 times! Do you want me to sneak you in my bag?
I applied for four tickets but was unsuccessful, however, Kewpie came up with a spare ticket to save the day. Morrissey better turn up, just stumped up 50 odd quid on a train ticket!

The Goat

Stop mixing me up with her, sheesh! Do I really sound like GU?

love

Grim

Back
Top Bottom