Did anybody else know that Morrissey was Marr's best man at his wedding?

Re:

Yes.

This site is 16 years old and some people are following the career of Morrissey / Smiths from the beginning.

It's better to post this kind of topic to your blog / facebook.

I recently realised Paul Carrack contirbuted Smiths' first album (he is credited as keyboards), but didn't post a thread.

Thanks.

Settle down.

I've been on this site since about 2002 and would consider myself a pretty avid Smiths and Morrissey fan, however, I did not know this. Quit the dictating of what should/shouldn't be posted and where.

edit. Case in point:

oh wow, I didn't know that.. interesting.

I actually had no idea of this till today so thank you Girl-Afraid.

wow didn't know this, very nice

I never knew this and I've been following Morrissey since the late 80s. Am amazed!
Many thanks for posting.

I didn't know this either. The interwebs are cool!

I never knew this, either..

Just think about things a bit more before you decide to shit on a thread straight away.

I mean do you do this in social situations too, like say you meet someone and ask how they are, then later another person joins you and asks the same person how they are .. do you turn to them and say "there is no need to ask them that as I have already asked them how they are" ? Because that is basically what you constantly do here...

Last edited:
I don't think he was in love with him, I think it was more of an obsession.
I think it becomes that if you work together every single day & share your deepest thoughts. Alongside that they were living in each other's pockets so it turns into that.
Moz probably felt very attached to him both physically and mentally and saw him as his 'rock' for want of a better word.

You make him sound a bit like a sociopath...

http://motorcycleaupairboy.com/interviews/1994/hello.htm

I: Do you love Johnny Marr?

M: Yes…that’s not a hard one. I love and loved Johnny Marr, but I feel tremendous indifference towards Bruce and Rick.

Re:

Thank you so much for your well-written reply to Kewpie. I did not know that Morrissey was Johnny Marr's best man either, and as you have demonstrated, many others were also unaware.

The fact that most of Kewpie's comments rudely put down other people in at attempt to show how knowledgeable she is, is very annoying. The fact that the tone of her comments is usually curt and impolite, is totally unnecessary and demonstrates a severe lack of social skills. (and BTW I don't buy the usual excuse Kewpie gives when confronted about her rudeness that English is not my first language).

The fact that Kewpie is a "Moderator" when she lacks any inkling of professionalism or common courtesy is appalling. It really makes me question why Kewpie is retained as a moderator on this site.

Anyway, thanks for your comments and your civility.

The saddest thing about that 1994 interview is Morrissey saying this about Marr: " We speak constantly, which is a great joy to me because after the great gulf of the horrendous breakdown, it was truly uplifting for us to become friends again and to realise that he was still as funny and creative and uplifting to be around. He's enormously underrated as a musician and, dare I say it, as a personality."

The great shame being that they managed to rekindle that friendship for a brief time in the '90's, but it seemingly doesn't exist anymore.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this fact. Lovely to see those wedding pics. Looks like Morrissey was wearing sunglasses in the first one.

Back
Top Bottom