Did Alain Whyte play on Ringleader of the Tormentors?

I fail to see how that's Alain's fault. I always presumed both Boz and Alain submitted tracks for Morrissey to consider, and Moz would decide which ones to use.

It isn't Alain's fault and that is exactly the way the selection process works...but I'm sure you can see how it wouldn't be hard to convince your notoriously miserly boss that 3 guitarists on salary is too much.

A little less than two years later, Gary would be aiming his gesture slightly more to his 10 o'clock...

Let's say Morrissey got rid of Alain immediately after Ringleader instead of the Refusal sessions. Do you think Gary would've stayed in the band? I know Alain and Gary were close friends. I think Gary would have left if he saw first hand Moz's poor treatment towards Alain.

Alain and Gary were top guys to meet.
Down to earth, polite, modest and just the kind of people you'd want to have a pint with.
Yes, Morrissey's words are not brilliant describing the end of the relationship and his praise for the songwriting is totally diminished with the barbed 'rescued' & 'East Finchley' comments.
I think he often gets so swept up in the florid language that it overtakes and clouds any intended kind sentiment.
One day, Alain might put his POV across - I'd welcome it (along with the collection of his early demos).
Regards,
FWD.

Diminishing the accomplishments, acheivements, interests and talents of other people, are a hallmark signature triat of the stereotypical narcissist. ...All the while over emphasizing their own hallowed being on Earth. Narcissists lie...constantly..to all & everyone, for their own self -aggrandizement, their ever soaring egos...reason as to why, still unanswered.
Heavens, don't point this out to a narcissist, as it will go off the rails and carry on with making a scene that's unforgetable...news worth ....yet worthless diatribe with the same old worn out topics.....over and over again. Inpropriate commentary and lifting itself up whilst putting others down, are all common traits. Essentially, like a child, craving attention and validation, good or bad....just more !
Attention, disagreement , a willingness to not git along and a grandiose ideation of themselves, the control they can wield over others, the constant moods swings, again, sullen, sulking, storming out the door... all common in the narcissist. Denial, blame and false image projection, are all overtly evident in the narcists.
The false image projection is quite amazing, when another knows the real goings on in the narcissits life.
No surprise when the ol'boy actually bronzes himself, alive, gidled in 18K gold, repeat with fountians, rose beds, gold discs embedded in the walk ways and a mandatory donation box for some old cause or other.
Just let us know where it is, so we can never have to see it...Never !

Tracks like Dear God... and Life is a Pigsty truly displayed his boundless creativity.

Indeed they do but, similarly, songs like Father Must Be Killed and Work of Art also display his mono-paced chug-rock bluster, and protracted tune-free noodlings.
Alain wrote some great songs over the years but so much filler, too.

You're having a giraffe, mate. Ringleader has 3 or 4 decent songs (Pigsty, Hero, Future, Killed me) but the rest of it is rambling rubbish or dreary chug-rock filler. Father must be killed, Streets I ran, I am born, Far off places, Work of art - all effing dreadful.
The music, at least, on the current album is miles better.

Correct : half of the album is not on the same standard as the other.
Visconti said Moz wanted to self produce and it didn’t work . They called him and in between 2 albums , Tony made his best on some songs.

But with its weaknesses, it is still a good disc. I listened to it dozens of time whereas LIHS only twice . I hope you are joking with the quality of recent works.

Indeed they do but, similarly, songs like Father Must Be Killed and Work of Art also display his mono-paced chug-rock bluster, and protracted tune-free noodlings.
Alain wrote some great songs over the years but so much filler, too.

Father, maybe. But Work of Art? That is one of the better songs on Ringleader.

It isn't Alain's fault and that is exactly the way the selection process works...but I'm sure you can see how it wouldn't be hard to convince your notoriously miserly boss that 3 guitarists on salary is too much.
2243763.jpg

But it really sucks when they try to play "Free Bird" now.

Back
Top Bottom