Dictionary banned over explicit definition

Renia

blue ribbon
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/jan/25/oral-sex-dictionary-ban-us-schools?DSF

:|

Honestly? I mean...first of all, of all the words, oral sex? There are worse ones in there.

And I mean, really? looking up dirty words in the dictionary is just something kids DO.

Instead of trying to get the dictionary! banned, why don't you just learn to parent?
get the stick out of your ass.

I honestly...really...don't have the words for this. I mean, it's the DICTIONARY.

Sigh. There is no possible defense of this kind of thing. It's yet another example of the way in which the US is going backwards. :( If you want a good visual example of everything that is wrong with this country, just do a google image search for "teabagger signs." Among the examples of thinly and not so thinly veiled racism and paranoia, you'll see the irrationality, the willful ignorance, the lack of basic vocabulary, grammar, and spelling...

Last edited:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/jan/25/oral-sex-dictionary-ban-us-schools?DSF

:|

Honestly? I mean...first of all, of all the words, oral sex? There are worse ones in there.

And I mean, really? looking up dirty words in the dictionary is just something kids DO.

Instead of trying to get the dictionary! banned, why don't you just learn to parent?
get the stick out of your ass.

I honestly...really...don't have the words for this. I mean, it's the DICTIONARY.

well, a lot of the people who live in that part of California are evil, I know, I lived in Riverside County for 3 years, the worst ones of my childhood, as Socal goes, its one of the worst counties to live in(san bernardino county being even worse though :eek:)
so yeah, they ban books there, its also filled with a lot of hate of all sorts of kinds
I'd suggest avoiding it all costs, regardless of what books the many scumbags residing there ban or burn :crazy:

When he was 23 years old, in 1857, Oscar Wilde went on a speaking tour of America and a few months after, some of his impressions were shared:

"What was particularly noticeable about America was that everybody seems in a hurry to catch a train. This is a state of things which is not favourable to poetry or romance. Had Romeo or Juliet been in a constant state of anxiety about trains, or had their minds been agitated by the question of return-tickets, Shakespeare could not have given us those lovely balcony scenes which are so full of poetry and pathos...The noisiest country that ever existed...one is impressed in America, but not favourably impressed, by the inordinate size of everything. The country seems to try to bully one into a belief in its power by its impressive bigness" :D

Sigh. There is no possible defense of this kind of thing. It's yet another example of the way in which the US is going backwards. :( If you want a good visual example of everything that is wrong with this country, just do a google image search for "teabagger signs." Among the examples of thinly and not so thinly veiled racism and paranoia, you'll see the irrationality, the willful ignorance, the lack of basic vocabulary, grammar, and spelling...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My little boy recently got kept in at lunch break at school for the heinous crime of saying the word " crap":squiffy:...he spent it looking up rude words in the dictionary in the school library and with a great big grin on his cheeky little face., told me all about the word dildo and its meaning:squiffy::blushing::o:(....i did mean to go up the school and do my irate parent bit.....except I remembered how the rude words in the dictionary cracked me up when i was eight too.:lbf:

My little boy recently got kept in at lunch break at school for the heinous crime of saying the word " crap":squiffy:...he spent it looking up rude words in the dictionary in the school library and with a great big grin on his cheeky little face., told me all about the word dildo and its meaning:squiffy::blushing::o:(....i did mean to go up the school and do my irate parent bit.....except I remembered how the rude words in the dictionary cracked me up when i was eight too.:lbf:
exactly! it's just what kids do! hell, I'm in high school and my friend and I have a game where we flip through the dictionary and land on random words. Whoever has the coolest/weirdest word wins. it's a bit immature sure, but it's fun! (and slightly educational when we get non-silly words.)

also, without the dictionary, where are the kids supposed to go when they don't know what a word means? I ask my dad what a word means, he tells me to go "buy a f***ing dictionary!"

Back
Top Bottom