Detroit, MI - The Masonic Temple (July 8, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / Will Never Marry / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / First Of The Gang To Die / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / Now My Heart Is Full // What She Said

setlist provided by an anonymous person

• Photos by Robert Hendricks (part 1, part 2, part 3, 22 total). Link posted by graycard.

detroit.jpg
  • Show review: Morrissey at The Masonic, July 8 by Melina Glusac - Detroit Metro Times. Link posted by @metrotimes / Twitter.
  • Morrissey / Jack White Theatre - Detroit, MI (115 photos / videos) - CrowdAlbum

Last edited:
I enjoyed the show - first time I saw Morrissey was at the last Smiths concert in Brixton in 1986, when they first played Shoplifters of the World. Last night was fun and he was in a good mood despite being sick and sneezing. At least he didn't cancel. The venue is very old, I haven't been there in 40 years and it looked the same - perfect Detroit setting and loved his comment, "welcome to the temple of filth." I watch the audience faces through the whole meat is murder video - it was a better show.

Indeed, the show was a bit boring. Music selection was so/so, too mellow for a much anticipated return. Moz sounded superb, the band very good, however, physically he didn't appear to be into the show. I'm going to see him again in Chicago this evening and will l compare.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=533497

"Notes:
Since 2012, I have bought tickets on 3 separate occasions for the Moz tour. Only for it to be cancelled the week of due to Morrissey’s health/family. So I was really looking forward to this show. I cannot say I ever really got into it. At one point I was on the verge of leaving because it was so boring. Moz is a very opinionated individual and during “Ganglord” and “Meat Is Murder” there was some very crass and unnecessary images that were projected on the screen that I really found offensive. I am there to be entertained and listen to music. Not there to see cows getting their jugulars and aorta’s sliced and people shot/brutalized. I do enjoy some of Morrissey’s solo stuff. But I do like to hear some classic Smith’s tracks… Which… He only played three songs… Pretty brutal if you ask me to stand there for 90 minutes to hear some of his newer stuff that is not that great. Then he had to tease “Rubber Ring” at the end of the show. Which is my all time fave Smiths song.

Anyways, besides all my incoherent ramblings, the tape is pretty good. Real happy with it. For the most part the people around me were respectful. Some people shoving to the front woo-ing during the last song or so. Few people almost made it on stage! Enjoy."

i guess the tour is not so good after all

I had tickets to every cancelled show in Flint...I really didn't think this concert would happen, thus hesitant about buying tickets.

I should have just bought the tickets to this "Fourth" event and hoped it materialized...because now I wish I would have been there...would have been my "9th" time seeing Moz since 1997 and would have seen him many more times between '93-'97 if he would have toured the USA for "Vauxhall and I", "Southpaw Grammar" or even "World of Morrissey".

Can someone provide a set-list for the Detroit show so I can further be troubled/tormented by "my" no-show.

Check here:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/morrissey/2015/masonic-temple-theatre-detroit-mi-1bf68de4.html

It's really amusing that he continues to return to Michigan which is a DUMP over and over again but ignores Milwaukee, Wisconsin where he has done shows in the past.Go figure.

He doesn't continue to return to Michigan, he keeps cancelling his shows there, aside from this one. Also, Ann Arbor and Royal Oak have great venues for concerts.

This show was bizarre.

Right off the bat when he came out you could tell something was wrong. He sang most of Suedehead with his eyes closed, and during Alma Matters that when I could tell he's sick with something. He spent the first half of the show sneezing, looking faint etc. He absolutely powered through the first half of the set, no breaks between songs. But he must of felt better for the second half.

He was doing a lot of handshakes, and seemed to really enjoy seeing everyone. Great crowd. But he kept his inbetween song banter brief, mentioning the mosquito's, road construction signs, The Rolling Stones (who were also playing last night in Detroit), and the police.

A couple of people, including my brother, had some issues during/after Meat is Murder. I took him out of the theater to get some air where we saw a girl who had a seizure, most likely due to the red flashing strobe lights. Because of this I missed most of Now My Heart is Full and What She Said, but I don't think I heard Moz introduce the band, and I heard some comment he made of how "some of you aren't going to make it tonight" (not sure if that's exactly what was said).

1 girl got on stage early in the set while the security guards were distracted (I think one of them lost his walkie talkie). The best moment was Moz asked someone in the audience how old they were. The kid responded "11!" and Moz said something along the lines of "So Am I! / Me Too!". How he said it was classic, heartwarming Morrissey.

I was at the Akron show which was amazing, but not getting a cover like he did in Nashville was a little disappointing. I thought it was a good concert, but not the best Morrissey concert. At least, this is what I saw and felt.

Oh dearie me ! Let's take a look into the crystal ball !
Arrrgh yes here we are ! One word, twelve letters, beginning with C and ending in N !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Set List is as follows:

1 Suedehead
2 Alma Matters
3 Staircase At The University
4 Ganglord
5 World Peace Is None Of Your Business
6 Speedway
7 Kiss Me A Lot
8 I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
9 Istanbul
10 Will Never Marry
11 Every Day Is Like Sunday
12 Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
13 First Of The Gang To Die
14 I Will See You In Far Off Places
15 The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
16 The Bullfighter Dies
17 Meat Is Murder
18 Now My Heart Is Full
19 What She Said

I also have a pretty good recording of the entire concert if anyone wants it, not sure if that's allowed to be posted here though.
Overall it was an awesome show and it was definitely worth going.
As for the guy complaining about the imagery shown in the videos, that's Moz for you, not sure what exactly you expected.

Any confirmation of the order?
Did he really encore with Yes I Am Blind?

Suedehead
Alma Matters
Staircase at the University
Ganglord
World Peace Is None of Your Business
Kiss Me a Lot
Speedway
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
Istanbul
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
The Bullfighter Dies
I Will See You in Far-Off Places
First of the Gang to Die
The World Is Full of Crashing Bores
Meat Is Murder
Now My Heart Is Full
What She Said
Yes, I Am Blind

Yes, I am blind was not played. Everything else on the setlist is correct.

Great great great show. It was sold out completely packed.

One person got on stage and got a hug, lots of handshakes and someone got him to sign an album.

This show was bizarre.

Right off the bat when he came out you could tell something was wrong. He sang most of Suedehead with his eyes closed, and during Alma Matters that when I could tell he's sick with something. He spent the first half of the show sneezing, looking faint etc. He absolutely powered through the first half of the set, no breaks between songs. But he must of felt better for the second half.

He was doing a lot of handshakes,

f***.

I took a ton of photos during the show:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

I think this was my 7th time seeing him and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope you enjoy the photos!

It's totally allowed. Post away and thanks in advance!

Awesome! I have every song he sung in the recording and split the tracks to make a "live album" of sorts.
The first two songs are a little weird because I f***ed up and had to splice the audio but I did my best and it sounds reasonable.
If you think you can do a better job just ask for the source file which I have (I didn't want to upload 500 megabytes of one file).
The file may get deleted or you might not be able to find it in the future so if you are looking for this recording 6+ months from now search for it on Soulseek, it should be there.

https://mega.nz/#!5gBFDI5S!YUSQIt7ua46PUM8vGOy_OrUMagpRR3HLBWkn8c9ub0c

Tell me what you think, I'm just really happy to have gone and this recording is sort of my way of always remembering the show.

Set List is as follows:

1 Suedehead
2 Alma Matters
3 Staircase At The University
4 Ganglord
5 World Peace Is None Of Your Business
6 Speedway
7 Kiss Me A Lot
8 I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
9 Istanbul
10 Will Never Marry
11 Every Day Is Like Sunday
12 Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
13 First Of The Gang To Die
14 I Will See You In Far Off Places
15 The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
16 The Bullfighter Dies
17 Meat Is Murder
18 Now My Heart Is Full
19 What She Said

I also have a pretty good recording of the entire concert if anyone wants it, not sure if that's allowed to be posted here though.
Overall it was an awesome show and it was definitely worth going.
As for the guy complaining about the imagery shown in the videos, that's Moz for you, not sure what exactly you expected.

People don't expect to see animals getting slaughtered at concerts, are you kidding me? Morrissey does it, so it's okay...whatever. LOL

What She Said was a bit of weird moment at the Sydney shows. I don't think it's a great set list choice and an even stranger choice as the encore.

What She Said was a bit of weird moment at the Sydney shows. I don't think it's a great set list choice and an even stranger choice as the encore.

I heard someone say at a Sydney show "I wish he would stop playing his new songs" when he played What She Said :lbf:

I only saw him sneeze once or twice near the beginning of the show so I'm not sure if he's sick, as some people are claiming. But he did cut one song from the total count in Detroit. He played 20 songs at Akron and Cincinnati. Looking back at the Ryman show set list, he only did 19 songs there too. We'll see what he does here in Chicago tonight. It hasn't been mentioned yet but he also didn't introduce the band last night. That's the first time I've seen them not get introduced.

But he did cut one song from the total count in Detroit. He played 20 songs at Akron and Cincinnati. Looking back at the Ryman show set list, he only did 19 songs there too.

If you look at his setlists this calendar year and going back into last year, 19 isn't out of the ordinary. I think his highest was 22 recently but I think that only happened once. 21 sometimes. But 19 or 20 is pretty normal to date.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom