Detroit, MI - The Fillmore Detroit (Nov. 28, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Glamorous Glue / The Bullfighter Dies / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / I'm Not Sorry / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / When You Open Your Legs / Hold On To Your Friends / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / Home Is A Question Mark / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You // Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by setlist.fm. Link posted by docinwestchester.

Last edited:
final post this evening: 9 shows in- Detroit-Morrissey sounded fantastic last night band was spot on I rank it in top two that I have witnessed live professional open comedic electric enticeing entergetic personal & romantic what more could one ask for except better spelling in this post>>>>>>>>hope you get the gist......

there where some missed that should be added to that 'tour-faq' 2017 list
1. Ramones - Loudmouth
2. Paper Dolls - Something in My Heart
3. How Soon is Now by t.A.T.u on German Top of the Pops (yes, really hahaha!)
4. Pickettywitch - Sad Old Kinda Movie on Top of the Pops

5. James Brown - Say it Loud, I'm Black and I'm Proud (the 1968 TV performance where he's surrounded by seated white people haha)
6. Andy Warhol - Flesh // Lou Reed - Make Up
7. Unknown film clip of woman??
8. Dionne Warwick - Don't Make Me Over
9. "How Important Is One's Nationality to One's Identity" bit by British comedian
10. Sex Pistols - God Save the Queen
11. James Baldwin clip
12. Fiona Apple - Sally's Song from The Nightmare Before Christmas
13. L'insoumis clip (from which the Queen is Dead album cover is taken)
14. Four Tops - It's the Same Old Song
15. New York Dolls - Jet Boy

16. Lipsynka clip
if you didn't attend how did you know? right on but different from past shows

Thank you, but the pre-set videos last night were slightly different from what is listed in the tour faq.

I would like to know specifically what was the music (female voice) played with the silent horror movie clip... Anyone?

there where some missed that should be added to that 'tour-faq' 2017 list
1. Ramones - Loudmouth
2. Paper Dolls - Something in My Heart
3. How Soon is Now by t.A.T.u on German Top of the Pops (yes, really hahaha!)
4. Pickettywitch - Sad Old Kinda Movie on Top of the Pops

5. James Brown - Say it Loud, I'm Black and I'm Proud (the 1968 TV performance where he's surrounded by seated white people haha)
6. Andy Warhol - Flesh // Lou Reed - Make Up
7. Unknown film clip of woman??
8. Dionne Warwick - Don't Make Me Over
9. "How Important Is One's Nationality to One's Identity" bit by British comedian
10. Sex Pistols - God Save the Queen
11. James Baldwin clip
12. Fiona Apple - Sally's Song from The Nightmare Before Christmas
13. L'insoumis clip (from which the Queen is Dead album cover is taken)
14. Four Tops - It's the Same Old Song
15. New York Dolls - Jet Boy

16. Lipsynka clip

Thanks! : )

Does anyone know what some of the backdrop photos are that are being used? One was a young woman, with what appeared to be a see through shirt. Kinda disturbed me a bit, given how long she looked.

There was also a strange pre concert video of a young man who seemed to be questioning his sexuality. Does anyone know what that video is?

I didn’t see public enemy played in Detroit pre videos.

Concert was great, I thought both Moz and the band sounded great, beautiful venue, the hackles was a minor impediment and I thought it was handled well and didn’t detract from a great set.

So if someone stands on stage in Scotland and slags off yer leader, wee crankie Sturgeon, nobody in the audience would bat an eyelid ? You'd all just stand there and say "Oh I pal, nae bother" !
Ha ha ha Scotland the brave.

P.S. It's Stevo that's actually giving the party political broadcast in the first place, you do realise that ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
im a labour man so I wouldn't give a f*** what he does.benny why don't you visit Scotland,you do realise trolling online is an offence in Scotland,you will be sent to the big jail where some big highlander will make your arse as wide as the clyde.

Ok, but was exactly was said? What were the words coming out of his mouth?
Does anyone know what some of the backdrop photos are that are being used? One was a young woman, with what appeared to be a see through shirt. Kinda disturbed me a bit, given how long she looked.

There was also a strange pre concert video of a young man who seemed to be questioning his sexuality. Does anyone know what that video is?

I didn’t see public enemy played in Detroit pre videos.

Concert was great, I thought both Moz and the band sounded great, beautiful venue, the hackles was a minor impediment and I thought it was handled well and didn’t detract from a great set.
Andy Warhol's film 'Flesh'. A still from it was the cover for the first Smiths album. Also the rest of the concert after the "incident" was not great. He stopped singing for the last 30 seconds of Back on the Chain Gang. He remained preoccupied by that section of the floor where the guy yelled f***-you. Mozzer needs to toughen up.

So, I am the guy who left the Concert at the Fillmore. I was not thrown out. I was already leaving when he started to say "Who do you want to leave, him or me". So, that was all a show, because I was 1/4 of the way out. I have seen Morrissey several times and have enjoyed his music for 25+ years.

I did not go there with the thought of doing what I did. I apologize if I ruined anything for anyone, that surely was not my intent. I am not a Republican nor Democrat, I am simply a father of 4 and I want what is best for them, this Country, and all US Citizens. I vote for the best person for the job, regardless of their political party. I simply went to see Morrissey. I had no idea he would go on an Anti-American rant. he never did that at any concert I went to before. I don't follow his political agenda that closely. Just like I have no idea what Bruce Hornsby or The Cure or INXS, political views are. I simply went to see Morrissey with a couple friends.

Why is it that we have to suffer through famous people shoving their political views down our throats. I didn't want that. We were a captive audience and were forced to listen to his political rhetoric. He isn't even a citizen, so that gives him less importance on what I think about his views. These people do nothing but help to divide us, and that is their goal.

He uses a pulpit to preach and that is not what I paid him for. I paid for singing, not to hear his diarrhea of the mouth. I was honest, after I yelled FU a couple times, he walked over looking for who said it, I pointed to myself so no one else would be blamed. I simply said "please don't make this concert political, we just want you to sing". He asked if I wanted to leave and I said "hell yes,,, I do now" and turned and started walking out. After I left they came over and told my friends to leave. It all happened so fast that they didn't even know what was going on.

I regret saying FU, that is not proper. I just couldn't continue listing to his bashing anymore and it came out. He preaches Freedom of Speech,, what about my Freedom of Speech. He sure made it obvious only he can have that.... At what point must we stop being forced to listen to famous or in this case semi-famous people spew hate or their opinions and not offer solutions. (Other than kill our president if he had a button to push). If you agree with his views, that is your right. But, lets work together to solve our issues and not conquer and divide, like soooooo many people are doing these days.

I could continue, but I have said enough. Again, I apologize to those of you who heard my foul language at the concert.

Well said and I agree. I was there and and didn't want to hear it either.

So, I am the guy who left the Concert at the Fillmore. I was not thrown out. I was already leaving when he started to say "Who do you want to leave, him or me". So, that was all a show, because I was 1/4 of the way out. I have seen Morrissey several times and have enjoyed his music for 25+ years.

I did not go there with the thought of doing what I did. I apologize if I ruined anything for anyone, that surely was not my intent. I am not a Republican nor Democrat, I am simply a father of 4 and I want what is best for them, this Country, and all US Citizens. I vote for the best person for the job, regardless of their political party. I simply went to see Morrissey. I had no idea he would go on an Anti-American rant. he never did that at any concert I went to before. I don't follow his political agenda that closely. Just like I have no idea what Bruce Hornsby or The Cure or INXS, political views are. I simply went to see Morrissey with a couple friends.

Why is it that we have to suffer through famous people shoving their political views down our throats. I didn't want that. We were a captive audience and were forced to listen to his political rhetoric. He isn't even a citizen, so that gives him less importance on what I think about his views. These people do nothing but help to divide us, and that is their goal.

He uses a pulpit to preach and that is not what I paid him for. I paid for singing, not to hear his diarrhea of the mouth. I was honest, after I yelled FU a couple times, he walked over looking for who said it, I pointed to myself so no one else would be blamed. I simply said "please don't make this concert political, we just want you to sing". He asked if I wanted to leave and I said "hell yes,,, I do now" and turned and started walking out. After I left they came over and told my friends to leave. It all happened so fast that they didn't even know what was going on.

I regret saying FU, that is not proper. I just couldn't continue listing to his bashing anymore and it came out. He preaches Freedom of Speech,, what about my Freedom of Speech. He sure made it obvious only he can have that.... At what point must we stop being forced to listen to famous or in this case semi-famous people spew hate or their opinions and not offer solutions. (Other than kill our president if he had a button to push). If you agree with his views, that is your right. But, lets work together to solve our issues and not conquer and divide, like soooooo many people are doing these days.

I could continue, but I have said enough. Again, I apologize to those of you who heard my foul language at the concert.

everything he does or says on stage is a part of his show, it is his show, he is showing you who he is.

Most people bought tickets and expect and came to see and hear his show which includes whatever he says or sings. They did not pay for their tickets to hear your freedom of speech, if you were on the bill or a support act then it would be different. By buying a ticket you are paying and supporting and there to hear Morrissey's freedom of speech and freedom of expression.

Why ruin it for everyone else ? why discourage the artist that by everyone simply buying a ticket encourages and supports the artist to do what they came there to see and hear him do, the whole package, no one was forced to go. You know his views, so the best way to express your dislike of what a particular artist says is to not buy the ticket and support them in the first place.

Sorry , you had to learn the hard way.

Sorry, might want to pull your head out of your ass because that's not the way it works. People don't go to a political rally to hear them sing and I most certainly do not go to a concert to hear left wing political sputum from a has been. His music isn't really that good anymore and if you want to spend your $35 or $40 to see him that is your choice. (I wouldn't, he was good with The Smiths,,, but really kind of crappy ever since). But, regardless of who it is, Concert = Singing.... Good for you Not a Heckler!!!!!

"I paid for singing, not to hear his diarrhea of the mouth."

I paid to hear him, not you. We couldn't hear you shooting off your mouth from where we were in the Fillmore but I have to wonder about someone who's so full of himself that he thinks that his 2 cents should trump the experience of every other fan in attendance.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom