Detroit, MI - The Fillmore Detroit (Nov. 28, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Glamorous Glue / The Bullfighter Dies / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / I'm Not Sorry / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / When You Open Your Legs / Hold On To Your Friends / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / Home Is A Question Mark / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You // Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by setlist.fm. Link posted by docinwestchester.

Last edited:
Thank you so much Keratine Sun! But wasn't it The Foundations 'Build Me Up Buttercup' instead of the Four Tops?

if you didn't attend how did you know? right on but different from past shows

No Four Tops - was the Foundations 'Build Me Up Buttercup' that he's shown before. I was there. That's when I decided the next one would probably be the New York Dolls and ran to the bathroom. haha

So, I am the guy who left the Concert at the Fillmore. I was not thrown out. I was already leaving when he started to say "Who do you want to leave, him or me". So, that was all a show, because I was 1/4 of the way out. I have seen Morrissey several times and have enjoyed his music for 25+ years.

I did not go there with the thought of doing what I did. I apologize if I ruined anything for anyone, that surely was not my intent. I am not a Republican nor Democrat, I am simply a father of 4 and I want what is best for them, this Country, and all US Citizens. I vote for the best person for the job, regardless of their political party. I simply went to see Morrissey. I had no idea he would go on an Anti-American rant. he never did that at any concert I went to before. I don't follow his political agenda that closely. Just like I have no idea what Bruce Hornsby or The Cure or INXS, political views are. I simply went to see Morrissey with a couple friends.

Why is it that we have to suffer through famous people shoving their political views down our throats. I didn't want that. We were a captive audience and were forced to listen to his political rhetoric. He isn't even a citizen, so that gives him less importance on what I think about his views. These people do nothing but help to divide us, and that is their goal.

He uses a pulpit to preach and that is not what I paid him for. I paid for singing, not to hear his diarrhea of the mouth. I was honest, after I yelled FU a couple times, he walked over looking for who said it, I pointed to myself so no one else would be blamed. I simply said "please don't make this concert political, we just want you to sing". He asked if I wanted to leave and I said "hell yes,,, I do now" and turned and started walking out. After I left they came over and told my friends to leave. It all happened so fast that they didn't even know what was going on.

I regret saying FU, that is not proper. I just couldn't continue listing to his bashing anymore and it came out. He preaches Freedom of Speech,, what about my Freedom of Speech. He sure made it obvious only he can have that.... At what point must we stop being forced to listen to famous or in this case semi-famous people spew hate or their opinions and not offer solutions. (Other than kill our president if he had a button to push). If you agree with his views, that is your right. But, lets work together to solve our issues and not conquer and divide, like soooooo many people are doing these days.

I could continue, but I have said enough. Again, I apologize to those of you who heard my foul language at the concert.

Just how self-absorbed can you possibly be? I was standing very close to you and had to restrain myself from going to slap you upside the head. I swore at you, which I should not have done as I am not that kind of person, but you made me so mad. On the way out of the show I was joking with someone about what you do when you watch CNN or read the Washington Post or any other outlet that is critical of dumbass in chief. Do you yell FU at the TV or the computer screen? Do you say FU to people on the street if you hear them criticize Trump? Every other Morrissey song is political, how can you be surprised that he would say something political at the concert? He wrote a song called America is not the World, how can you be surprised if he's critical of US policy?
Everything that Moz said was true. The country's reputation across the world HAS gone to hell since Trump has been president.

You can't go to see an artist (remember, everyone is there to see him, not you), yell FU directly at him when he says somethign you don't like, and then complain about your lack of freedom of speech. Can you not see the hypocrisy? Is yelling FU to someone when they say something you don't agree with respectful of their freedom of speech?

What a time to be alive.

So, I am the guy who left the Concert at the Fillmore. I was not thrown out. I was already leaving when he started to say "Who do you want to leave, him or me". So, that was all a show, because I was 1/4 of the way out. I have seen Morrissey several times and have enjoyed his music for 25+ years.

I did not go there with the thought of doing what I did. I apologize if I ruined anything for anyone, that surely was not my intent. I am not a Republican nor Democrat, I am simply a father of 4 and I want what is best for them, this Country, and all US Citizens. I vote for the best person for the job, regardless of their political party. I simply went to see Morrissey. I had no idea he would go on an Anti-American rant. he never did that at any concert I went to before. I don't follow his political agenda that closely. Just like I have no idea what Bruce Hornsby or The Cure or INXS, political views are. I simply went to see Morrissey with a couple friends.

Why is it that we have to suffer through famous people shoving their political views down our throats. I didn't want that. We were a captive audience and were forced to listen to his political rhetoric. He isn't even a citizen, so that gives him less importance on what I think about his views. These people do nothing but help to divide us, and that is their goal.

He uses a pulpit to preach and that is not what I paid him for. I paid for singing, not to hear his diarrhea of the mouth. I was honest, after I yelled FU a couple times, he walked over looking for who said it, I pointed to myself so no one else would be blamed. I simply said "please don't make this concert political, we just want you to sing". He asked if I wanted to leave and I said "hell yes,,, I do now" and turned and started walking out. After I left they came over and told my friends to leave. It all happened so fast that they didn't even know what was going on.

I regret saying FU, that is not proper. I just couldn't continue listing to his bashing anymore and it came out. He preaches Freedom of Speech,, what about my Freedom of Speech. He sure made it obvious only he can have that.... At what point must we stop being forced to listen to famous or in this case semi-famous people spew hate or their opinions and not offer solutions. (Other than kill our president if he had a button to push). If you agree with his views, that is your right. But, lets work together to solve our issues and not conquer and divide, like soooooo many people are doing these days.

I could continue, but I have said enough. Again, I apologize to those of you who heard my foul language at the concert.

I get what you are saying BUT if you are more than a passing fan of Morrissey and have seen him several times, you know that he tends to go off and rant about lots of things, especially world leaders, celebrities, royalty, etc. etc. He has been that way for well over a decade now, at least since he started talking more during his shows unlike the early/mid 90's. You aren't going to go to RATM, Massive Attack, Radiohead, etc. show and then complain and leave when they start talking about something "political." Morrissey, for how much I love/hate him has been sporting off about politics/animal rights for quite some time at many of his concerts. Had you had a bit to drink? A bit shitty they made your friends leave because of your actions though...

Just how self-absorbed can you possibly be? I was standing very close to you and had to restrain myself from going to slap you upside the head. I swore at you, which I should not have done as I am not that kind of person, but you made me so mad. On the way out of the show I was joking with someone about what you do when you watch CNN or read the Washington Post or any other outlet that is critical of dumbass in chief. Do you yell FU at the TV or the computer screen? Do you say FU to people on the street if you hear them criticize Trump? Every other Morrissey song is political, how can you be surprised that he would say something political at the concert? He wrote a song called America is not the World, how can you be surprised if he's critical of US policy?
Everything that Moz said was true. The country's reputation across the world HAS gone to hell since Trump has been president.

You can't go to see an artist (remember, everyone is there to see him, not you), yell FU directly at him when he says somethign you don't like, and then complain about your lack of freedom of speech. Can you not see the hypocrisy? Is yelling FU to someone when they say something you don't agree with respectful of their freedom of speech?

What a time to be alive.
what a time to be alive indeed. free speech in the country today is joke! if someone presents an opinion in public today there will always be someone who has an opposing view. the real problem is that we are now live in "trump country". a country deeply divided. we have somehow lost our cool. now if someone expresses their opinion the person across the isle wants to put the gloves on and kick your ass. there is no middle ground. trump owns it now and only lets in those who wallow in his sick perverted mindset. what ever happened to love peace and harmony? maybe in the next world. (shout out to not a heckler - appreciated your post. apoligy accepted. I was there and I was not offended in the least. minor moment in a fantastic show. your post showed your moxie. and guts my opinion is just different than yours. we are all individuals. what we really have to be wary of is the shit that is oozing up from the floorboards underneath trumps feet. would be mighty hard to scrape that off tour shoes.

Never realized how many Liberal minded, self absorbed, one sided people were Morrissey fans until today. Reading all of your posts, you would think you are all mightier than thou and we should all bow to your awesomeness. Get over yourselves. I have probably seen Morrissey more than 80% of you. My opinion is he is an ass hat, has always been an ass hat and I applaud someone standing up to him for what they believe. What I find amusing is that you ALL agree that he is an ass and yet you still stick up for him. Maybe you should all grow some balls like the not a heckler fella. You are obviously all buttercups!

No Four Tops - was the Foundations 'Build Me Up Buttercup' that he's shown before. I was there. That's when I decided the next one would probably be the New York Dolls and ran to the bathroom. haha
I attended the show in Detroit. didn't get into venue until Dionne warwick clip.unless the foundations were up before I entered, that clip was not shown. it was four tops just as ketamine sun posted

Yes it is a bad thing if someone is heckling him and he walks off stage, causing all of the other people who paid for tickets to lose out. Challenge him in the press, whatever, but don't provoke him to end a concert early (which has certainly happened). "Challenging controversial artists" on their political statements is not really the purpose of concerts, and it's a poor forum for doing so. I bought a ticket and am traveling a considerable distance to see him soon for one reason: because I love him and want to see him perform, not because I want to challenge him loudly at a concert on something he said in an interview. Why would anyone go to a concert - spend money on a ticket, drive, etc. - to do that? You'd have to be, frankly, a real asshole to do that.

Thank you for that. I completely agree.

I also wonder why some people (Benny the British Butcher, g23, AztecCamera, etc.) come on here simply to spread their hate for Moz.
Not funny or witty. Just annoying, but some people get off on that I guess.

I attended the show in Detroit. didn't get into venue until Dionne warwick clip.unless the foundations were up before I entered, that clip was not shown. it was four tops just as ketamine sun posted

think it was the Foundations.

im a labour man so I wouldn't give a f*** what he does.benny why don't you visit Scotland,you do realise trolling online is an offence in Scotland,you will be sent to the big jail where some big highlander will make your arse as wide as the clyde.

Gordy ! I don't give a shit how you vote.
Who are you talking about "He" ?
I visit Scotland regularly, work/pleasure. I love the place, I have many friends from the highlands to Biggar.
Now please go back and read the question again slowly before you rush the answer. :thumb:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Yours is a stupid response and has nothing to do with the comment. If the newscasters on CNN started singing, they would probably get booed off stage, yes. if you are going to respond,,, please have an intelligent response.

What a time to be alive.
Yours is a stupid response and has nothing to do with the comment. If the newscasters on CNN started singing, they would probably get booed off stage, yes. if you are going to respond,,, please have an intelligent response.

What a time to be alive.

And, the world hasn't gone to hell, you suck ass buttercup liberals, just want to think it has. But,if obama would have been in any longer, it sure would have. Why dont you pussies get off your asses and work HARD for a living and stop equating fantasy to real life. Put on some big boy panties and pay your way. Oh, if obama is known as the worst president of all time......

"I had no idea he would go on an Anti-American rant."

I have no idea what you are talking about and I was there.

Maybe you should have been paying attention to what was going on around you instead of being a drone of his pathetic mambo jumbo. Clean the wax out of your ears man

Never realized how many Liberal minded, self absorbed, one sided people were Morrissey fans until today. Reading all of your posts, you would think you are all mightier than thou and we should all bow to your awesomeness. Get over yourselves. I have probably seen Morrissey more than 80% of you. My opinion is he is an ass hat, has always been an ass hat and I applaud someone standing up to him for what they believe. What I find amusing is that you ALL agree that he is an ass and yet you still stick up for him. Maybe you should all grow some balls like the not a heckler fella. You are obviously all buttercups!

not only are you an asshole, but you are a stupid one. "Seen Morrisey more than 80% of" us but have no idea what his lyrics mean.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom