Detox anyone?

Jackie London

♥ Howlin' Pelle
I've decided to go on a 3 days detox from Tuesday to Thursday. I really need one and I thought it would be a good way to prepare to see the Moz live again. Anyone who wants to join me? We could do it together and offer eachother some support. Anyone? I've found a really good, strict detox plan.

....I did a "Detox" programme in 1986, due to overdoing the alcohol ( Looong story, I won't bore ya with it...)...I was Honestly , totally "Dry" for four weeks, but my blood alcohol level was recorded as Higher than when I started....
Don't much trust doctors after that...

I think she means a detox of Morrissey.

OOPS!!...thanx!!....coincidentally though, I DID send Morrissey a postcard ( c/o rough trade records at the time) thanking him for his lyrics helping me through those dark days....he never replied.....

Haven't had a drink since Sunday, and I've even planned a quiet Friday night in, with an early bedtime, ready for the trip to Dunoon tomorrow...

...then I got home tonight after work, went to make a cup of tea and noticed a gazebo and fairy lights in next doors back garden. Soon followed the knock at the door. They are having a house party tonight. So much for an early night? :eek:

I've decided to go on a 3 days detox from Tuesday to Thursday. I really need one and I thought it would be a good way to prepare to see the Moz live again. Anyone who wants to join me? We could do it together and offer eachother some support. Anyone? I've found a really good, strict detox plan.

does this mean I'll have to forget my Tuesday nite Ruby? No couple of sherbets after work?

OMG! MEN! I'm obviously talking about a food detox, you know....no sugar and bad stuff for 3 days. Only boring healthy food. Feeling disappointed that no one wants to join me.

OMG! MEN! I'm obviously talking about a food detox, you know....no sugar and bad stuff for 3 days. Only boring healthy food. Feeling disappointed that no one wants to join me.

I wouldn't exactly call it obvious.

I've got nothing to do Tu-Thr. Are the ingredients strange or expensive?

I've got nothing to do Tu-Thr. Are the ingredients strange or expensive?

Finally. No, not at all. This is what you can eat;

•Fruit – your plan can include any fruit including fresh, frozen, dried or canned in natural fruit juice. This includes apples, bananas, pears, oranges, grapefruit, satsumas, sultanas, raisins, pineapple, mango, kiwi fruit, strawberries, raspberries, blackcurrants, nectarines, peaches, melons, star fruit etc
•Fruit juice – either make homemade fruit juices or smoothies from fresh fruit, or drink ready-made juices. Make sure ready-made juices are labelled as being ‘pure’ or ‘unsweetened’.
•Vegetables – eat any vegetables including fresh, frozen or canned in water (without salt added). This includes carrots, onions, turnip, swede, sprouts, cabbage, peppers, mushrooms, sweetcorn, peppers, leeks, courgettes, broccoli, cauliflower, salad, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions etc
•Beans and lentils – eat any beans, including those that have been dried or canned in water. This includes red kidney, haricot, cannellini, butter, black eye, pinto, red lentils, green lentils and brown lentils
•Tofu and Quorn
•Oats – sprinkle oats over fresh fruit or use to make porridge, sweetened with honey and fresh fruit
•Potatoes – all types
•Brown rice and rice noodles
•Rye crackers, rice cakes and oatcakes
•Fresh fish – eat any fresh fish including cod, plaice, mackerel, salmon, lobster, crab, trout, haddock, tuna, prawns, Dover sole, red mullet, halibut, lemon sole, monkfish, swordfish etc. Canned fish in water is suitable too eg salmon or tuna
•Unsalted nuts – eat any including Brazil, peanuts, almonds, cashew, hazel nuts, macadamia, pecans, pine nuts, pistachio, walnuts etc
•Unsalted seeds – eat any including sunflower and pumpkin
•Plain popcorn – without sugar or salt
•Live natural yoghurt
•Extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar
•Garlic, ginger and fresh herbs
•Ground black pepper
•Honey
•Water – at least 2 litres a day. Tap or mineral water is fine.
•Herbal or fruit teas

That doesn't sound much like a detox. I was thinking "Nothing but flax seed and watermelon rinds for three days." THat just sounds like a diet.

Back
Top Bottom