Derby Assembly Rooms Running Order

Pixieboy

Hello,

Was reminiscing, having listed some tickets and posters on eBay last weekend, and came across this archive thread...

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/112562-Derby-06-12-83-running-order?highlight=derby+setlist

Well, I was stood behind the front, centre stage, cameraman at Derby; he gave me the setlist which is the one that Stephane uploaded the picture of...
I am Gary, and no I didn't have a relationship with Morrissey....
As well as the running order, the cameraman had a booklet with lyrics typed out, but he refused to part with that....

I recorded the full gig on my trusty tape recorder and below is the setlist from that tape:

01. Handsome Devil
02. Still Ill
03. This Charming Man
04. Pretty Girls Make Graves
05. Reel Around The Fountain
06. What Difference Does It Make
07. Miserable Lie
08. This Night Has Opened My Eyes
09. Hand In Glove
10. You've Got Everything Now
----
11. Back To The Old House
12. These Things Take Time
----
13. Accept Yourself
14. This Charming Man 2

I can't put my hands on the tape just at the moment, but did put it to mp3 a few years back.

Just want to say that passionsjustlikemine was invaluable and Stephane did a wonderful job; it's reassuring that the content from that labour of love is being safely rehomed here.

Thanks for your contribution.

I think most of us here know that sometimes they don't broadcast full set of live recordings which were filmed for TV / radio broadcast.

Last edited:
Hello,

Was reminiscing, having listed some tickets and posters on eBay last weekend, and came across this archive thread...

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/112562-Derby-06-12-83-running-order?highlight=derby+setlist

Well, I was stood behind the front, centre stage, cameraman at Derby; he gave me the setlist which is the one that Stephane uploaded the picture of...
As well as the running order, the cameraman had a booklet with lyrics typed out, but he refused to part with that....

I recorded the full gig on my trusty tape recorder and below is the setlist from that tape:

01. Handsome Devil
02. Still Ill
03. This Charming Man
07. Miserable Lie
09. Hand In Glove
----
----
13. Accept Yourself
14. This Charming Man 2

I can't put my hands on the tape just at the moment, but did put it to mp3 a few years back.

Just want to say that passionsjustlikemine was invaluable and Stephane did a wonderful job; it's reassuring that the content from that labour of love is being safely rehomed here.

Thanks for posting :thumb:

Hello,

01. Handsome Devil
02. Still Ill
03. This Charming Man
07. Miserable Lie
09. Hand In Glove
----
----
13. Accept Yourself
14. This Charming Man 2

Thanks, I've been wondering about this show. When I originally made the wiki entry I used the 7th rather than the 6th. When I uploaded the picture for the ticket stub to this show I noted it said the 6th. Rogan's book also said the 6th but the old version of PJLM that I reference (~2009) said 7th but possibly 6th. I figured PJLM was definitive and went with the 7th. I'll go ahead and change this on the wiki now. I'll also update the setlist with your notes and include the picture from the other thread.

On an aside, all the recordings I've been able to track down stop at track 11 and are taken from the broadcast. If you've got an audience recording of the entire show then I'm certain we'd all be quite appreciative to get a listen.

Thanks for the info. -MR

Back
Top Bottom