Der Spiegel audio "to be released in the next days" - Juliane Liebert tweet

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people here are just really dumb I think. There are people suggesting that they are releasing it in a few days because they want to alter/edit the audio, are you kidding me? The reason that they will not just put it on the internet immediately is because they will seeking their legal counsel right now to make sure that everything is kosher and done via correct channels in order to watch out for themselves. The thing is, I believe that once the audio gets released people here will still continue to deny that he said these things or that his words are misconstrued, etc. I think people on both sides of the argument have already made up there minds quite frankly.

Why "the next days", I wonder. What's stopping them from releasing it now? Fear of being sued by Morrissey? They could hardly be liable, if it's only his own words coming back to bite him.
It will be a legal thing, Is it ok to realease to the public a recording of a conversation without the consent of both parties? I don't know but there'll be someone out there who'll have a pop at her if it's not done to the letter.

Such a pity the only time Moz is in the news these days is when he says something contrary or people claim he has, and then the endless back and forth. The fans deserve better. The new album is like a footnote instead of the main news.

Not totally apropos, but I hope you get the gist.
It’s an issue by issue world, but can’t a semi willing mind lean her head against the bark of a tree and pull by inference some sense of where the roots spring from, underground?
The man to me remains full of love, expressing it a bit less artfully but surely heart-fully, in his later years. (Another topic). His third act is directness and the id. I like it. I don’t love it.
Songs like ‘I Bury The Living’ to me marry his past to his present.
Anti-war songs abound, always. Rarely profound (e.g. Marley), mostly garbage, right? Good try, I’m not buying. Never want to say but, my shy moods of thought dwarf your very public offering. Does my life no good to say that.
Anti-soldier!
Say, how’s about a sensitive, articulate, brutally honest and punishing anti-soldier song? One that on close listening empathizes profoundly with the poor souls who get indoctrinated without a real chance to say ‘no’ to anything.
The song is heartbreaking genius.
He or she may be out there, but tell me, in the history of pop music- any music- who writes and sings with such withering hope?
I try to both read the lines, and in between the lines. He begs for thought. What’s the harm? Whether song, book, interview, or on stage whelp. I do it for myself. No chest thumping.

nah, it's nothing to do with you rifke, it's just Peterb likes to rate other peoples posts off topic but when he's off topic it seems he think's that that's alright.
Hi K. I only did it because you did it to me! Which, I admit, was childish of me.
f*** this bad mouthing each other. I don't know about you but I hate it and will do it no more. I am not your enemy.

It’s an issue by issue world, but can’t a semi willing mind lean her head against the bark of a tree and pull by inference some sense of where the roots spring from, underground?
The man to me remains full of love, expressing it a bit less artfully but surely heart-fully, in his later years. (Another topic). His third act is directness and the id. I like it. I don’t love it.
Anti-war songs abound, always. Rarely profound (e.g. Marley), mostly garbage, right? Good try, I’m not buying. Never want to say but, my shy moods of thought dwarf your very public offering. Does my life no good to say that.
Anti-soldier!
Say, how’s about a sensitive, articulate, brutally honest and punishing anti-soldier song? One that on close listening empathizes profoundly with the poor souls who get indoctrinated without a real chance to say ‘no’ to anything.
He or she may be out there, but tell me, in the history of pop music- any music- who writes and sings with such withering hope?
I try to both read the lines, and in between the lines. He begs for thought. What’s the harm? Whether song, book, interview, or on stage whelp. I do it for myself. No chest thumping.

Riiiiiggghhhttt.....

I'm sure I don't know what you are talking about. I've not noticed him to have any issues fitting into blazers, have you? plus, as far as i can see he has a physique resembling that of certain greek statuary. of course if problems arise we can always have a copy tailor made. you can do that, you know. when you're Morrissey.:cool:
Rifle, you are so right I was just so pleased to have an opportunity to use 'chubbingtons' on the internet.

Anti-soldier!

Sorry, wtf was that? :crazy:

When the journalist says she did some edits, it does not necessarily means she did it in the audio version. I think she means she did the edits while transcripting the interview. Normally, the audio would go untouched. But at this point only an expert could state if the audio was chopped or not...

Hi K. I only did it because you did it to me! Which, I admit, was childish of me.
f*** this bad mouthing each other. I don't know about you but I hate it and will do it no more. I am not your enemy.

Peter, there are no enemies here. This is fairytale town. It's all schtick and role play. I do imagine every single poster here to be a person who is able to give love. That someone in their life feels loved from them. Monsters are for real life and bedtime stories, not for a morrissey website.

Such a pity the only time Moz is in the news these days is when he says something contrary or people claim he has, and then the endless back and forth. The fans deserve better. The new album is like a footnote instead of the main news.

It's sad but true. Arguably his last significant work was That's How People Grow Up. Other singles were shadowed by his comments (for example he recorded a song about Istanbul right ? Sorry, but none of those Turkish radios didn't care about the song since press was focused on his views). He better stop complaining about things, doing politics, cancelling shows and fighting with other people.

We're all sick and tired of this. Just want to listen his tracks and read critics . But all we got is a complete mess. He did that, he said that, bla bla. This is all "his fault" man. Once he was a hero for me. Now I can't bare him. He could be a legend like Robert Smith (definitely). Now, if he dies tomorrow, we're gonna see the headlines as "pro-Brexit/bigmouth/vegan/pro-Israel singer died", that's it. Complete failure.

So they’re releasing an edited version of the interview? And in the next few days? Suspicious and very convenient. A version edited by Der Spiegel doesn’t prove jack shit.

All I gotta say is that if these tapes match up with what was printed, then it won't be good news for Morrissey. If he hadn't issued his "statement" yesterday, this would have been forgotten eventually, like like all of his other ridiculous comments over the years. But to challenge Der Spiegel and then to be proven a complete fool would not bode well for him. For one, it will resurface all the comments again. And two, it will show him to be a liar.

I hope that won't be the case.

If they do release an edited version I hope he sues them for libel. Just like he did with the nme.

If they do release an edited version I hope he sues them for libel. Just like he did with the nme.

Maybe the delay of Der Spiegel in releasing the audio the journalist gave them exists because they ignore if Morrissey has his own recording. It's a double bet. If they don't fully trust in the journalist I imagine they must be doing their own technical checks, because their name could be seriously compromised. They are the ones who have more to lose here and the delay is a sign of their doubts about the material.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom